The Official PSP Minis thread. Page 2

• Page

of 12 First / Last

• sickpuppysoftware 4 Oct 2009 23:14:07 1,320 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    uiruki wrote:
    sickpuppysoftware wrote:
    Pinball Fantasies - As per the amiga/pc originals. Tables a little simple by today's standards but still fun for short bursts. Portrait mode is superb.

I think I might try that sparta game next.

Don't - it is a joke.
    Too late. It is like a broken god of war right down to the QTE.

You cannot stop me with paramecium alone!

• uiruki 5 Oct 2009 00:54:58 3,663 posts
    Seen 51 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That's a shame about Breakquest, speaking as a fan of Jeroen Tel.
  • jonsaan 5 Oct 2009 10:34:35 25,326 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Puzzle Scape.

being a sucker for block busting shennanigans I took the plunge. Very good indeed IMO.

Think Koloomns crossed with Lumines and a sprinkling of every extend extra for the visuals.

Each scene has a set amount of time during which the game throws objectives at you. For instance 1 * 15 red combo or 3 * 4 white. It's fun and nicely polished. I like.

FCUTA!

• jonsaan 5 Oct 2009 10:36:31 25,326 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Right now it's time for a general whinge about the minis thang.

Dear Sony. The concept of a mini, by your own admission, is a game I can just dive right in and play for 10 mins or so on the go. That's great. SO THEN WHY UNDERMINE THE WHOLE CONCEPT BY HAVING NON SKIPPABLE SPLASH SCREENS AND DEV CREDITS WHEN I BOOT THE GAME UP. INCLUDING A MINIS SCREEN THAT HANGS AROUND WAY TOO LONG!

FCUTA!

• jonsaan 5 Oct 2009 10:54:39 25,326 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    :D

It's true. I do! I still love my psp though.

I'd love a GO but the price is too high for me right now.

FCUTA!

• HiddenAway 5 Oct 2009 11:07:49 14,859 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    In his case, Dissidia would have already flashed up by now :D

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• jonsaan 5 Oct 2009 12:09:30 25,326 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I was checking out some youtube footage or brainpipe last night. That game looks pretty good to me. Like Space Giraffe crossed with the trench scene from star wars.

FCUTA!

• HiddenAway 5 Oct 2009 13:44:53 14,859 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    I was checking out some youtube footage or brainpipe last night. That game looks pretty good to me. Like Space Giraffe crossed with the trench scene from star wars.

I believe there's a demo on Steam if your PC can take it...

• Murbal 6 Oct 2009 09:31:19 21,941 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    Puzzle Scape.

being a sucker for block busting shennanigans I took the plunge. Very good indeed IMO.

Think Koloomns crossed with Lumines and a sprinkling of every extend extra for the visuals.

Each scene has a set amount of time during which the game throws objectives at you. For instance 1 * 15 red combo or 3 * 4 white. It's fun and nicely polished. I like.

Sold!
  • Doomspoon 6 Oct 2009 17:06:30 2,419 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm pleased with Pinball Fantasies. I loved Pinball Dreams and Fantasies back on the Amiga. There's been comments about it not being on a par with more recent offerings, yes the ball feels a bit floaty at times but the gameplay itself is better than Matroid Pinball on DS. I can't say much else has appealed as yet, I'd contemplated Sparta too but a quick check of the internet later and "Computer says no".

I'd quite like to see some sort of turn based strategy as the DS is still my machine of choice for those.
  • jonsaan 6 Oct 2009 20:38:30 25,326 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bear in mind you can pick up the Gotleib pinball game for less than a tenner on the store too. pinball isn't really my thing but it's a good collection if you like silver balls and flippers.

FCUTA!

• ilmaestro 6 Oct 2009 23:05:53 32,406 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So, how does this work? Do you need a PSPGo for these? Can PSPs still only access the internet wirelessly? Can I download the games some other way if that's the case and transfer them onto the PSP like I can with PS1 games from the PS3?

/secretly (?) hates handhelds

• uiruki 6 Oct 2009 23:10:33 3,663 posts
    Seen 51 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ilmaestro wrote:
    So, how does this work? Do you need a PSPGo for these? Can PSPs still only access the internet wirelessly? Can I download the games some other way if that's the case and transfer them onto the PSP like I can with PS1 games from the PS3?

You can get them off the PS3 store, yeah. Did you upgrade your hard drive from the 20GB one?

edit: more to the point, get yourself on Steam so we can arrange your impending beating on KOF.
  • HiddenAway 7 Oct 2009 06:40:30 14,859 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ilmaestro wrote:
    So, how does this work? Let's see...

Do you need a PSPGo for these? No

Can PSPs still only access the internet wirelessly? Yes

Can I download the games some other way if that's the case and transfer them onto the PSP like I can with PS1 games from the PS3? Yes, see disc's answer above

• Doomspoon 7 Oct 2009 16:56:03 2,419 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ilmaestro wrote:

I can't download direct to my PSP2003 as it was bought used from a friend of mine and it won't let me use my Playstation Store details on it, only his and I'm too honest to buy stuff in his name. I use the Media Go programme on my PC and connect the PSP via USB cable and transfer that way. I think you can also transfer via a card reader and a Memory Stick Duo Adapter. The PC only reads the PSP as a storage device anyway.
  • HiddenAway 7 Oct 2009 17:05:13 14,859 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Doomspoon wrote:
    ilmaestro wrote:

I can't download direct to my PSP2003 as it was bought used from a friend of mine and it won't let me use my Playstation Store details on it, only his and I'm too honest to buy stuff in his name. I use the Media Go programme on my PC and connect the PSP via USB cable and transfer that way. I think you can also transfer via a card reader and a Memory Stick Duo Adapter. The PC only reads the PSP as a storage device anyway.

I love it when I've answered this somewhere else :-)

On the PSP:

If you're logged in already, you need to go to the Playstation Network icon on the PSP XMB, highlight Account Management and press triangle. Then select "Delete Account" to delete the locally stored details from the PSP (this does not delete your Playstation Network account). You can then sign in with another user ID created specifically for another region's store.

• Doomspoon 7 Oct 2009 17:20:46 2,419 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    HiddenAway wrote:
    Doomspoon wrote:
    ilmaestro wrote:

I love it when I've answered this somewhere else :-)

On the PSP:

If you're logged in already, you need to go to the Playstation Network icon on the PSP XMB, highlight Account Management and press triangle. Then select "Delete Account" to delete the locally stored details from the PSP (this does not delete your Playstation Network account). You can then sign in with another user ID created specifically for another region's store.

Cheers for this, in fairness it hadn't been an issue until this Sunday and I knew if I looked properly I'd have found the simple answer, I just hadn't got around to it. You've saved me some post dredging so it's much appreciated :)
  • ilmaestro 7 Oct 2009 17:21:17 32,406 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Thank you, all, for the clarification. :)

• jonsaan 8 Oct 2009 11:20:53 25,326 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Having intially been a bit MEH I am now really enjoying break quest. I have found whacking the sensitivity all the way to the right works well with the DPAD.

These kind of games tread a thin line. Ipod versions tend to be way too easy when controlled with touch. This one is really challenging but once you get into the rhythm it's actually really inventive and genuinely fun. A great game for the train.

Is anyone using the nub to control this because I find it unplayable like that?

FCUTA!

• jonsaan 9 Oct 2009 22:33:16 25,326 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    OK. Next up FORTIX.

Take a seemingly classic formula(Qix), add some elements that utterly break the gameplay, throw in some unresponsive controls and loading times that make you wonder if you are not playing a launch title UMD and you have a complete turd on your hands. 1/10. Shit.

Begone from my memory stick and let's never talk of this again. RUBBISH!

FCUTA!

• Murbal 10 Oct 2009 20:44:27 21,941 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    Having intially been a bit MEH I am now really enjoying break quest. I have found whacking the sensitivity all the way to the right works well with the DPAD.

These kind of games tread a thin line. Ipod versions tend to be way too easy when controlled with touch. This one is really challenging but once you get into the rhythm it's actually really inventive and genuinely fun. A great game for the train.

I too am quite enjoying it. Some lowsy scores though - my top score is something like 345,000.

Top scores...

Minis...

Lets throw out some competition in here! I'll be posting my Field Runners top scores for sure - I LOVE FIELD RUNNERS.
  • RunningMan 10 Oct 2009 21:32:19 2,386 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    OK. Next up FORTIX.

Take a seemingly classic formula(Qix), add some elements that utterly break the gameplay, throw in some unresponsive controls and loading times that make you wonder if you are not playing a launch title UMD and you have a complete turd on your hands. 1/10. Shit.

Begone from my memory stick and let's never talk of this again. RUBBISH!

The load times are long and the game is HARD as nails even on easy, but it is addictive. There are also terrain effects, so the knight moves much much slower over hills. Really could do with a manual. Once you play a couple of screens (takes a while) it sort of clicks. Still only at best a 7/10.
  • toy_brain 11 Oct 2009 15:17:02 1,256 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    Me.
    After a while I found that putting the sensitivity almost all the way to the left and only using the analogue nub worked best for me.
    Slight downside is that the screen powerdown often kicks in unless I remember to press a button every now and again.
    Its still hard as hell though. I think I've only managed to clear 2 stages in a row before losing all my lives and continuing.
  • Murbal 11 Oct 2009 15:28:53 21,941 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just the one stage for me! I've still only cleared 2 in total, stuck on the third which I can only describe as pegs on a washing line ;-)

Still, blame Field Runners not me being overly shit...
  • jonsaan 11 Oct 2009 16:03:12 25,326 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've done about 5 or 6 now I think. Some of them are bonkers.

I know this sounds daft, but you do realise you can shose your starting level with the nub right? took me a while tor realise you don;t have to start from the first one each time!

FCUTA!

• Murbal 11 Oct 2009 19:40:18 21,941 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yup. Good job too.
  • Gaol 11 Oct 2009 21:23:21 2,263 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bought Tetris tonight.

Original tunes remixed FTW.

Good stuff.
  • Whatsfor 13 Oct 2009 10:48:32 2,189 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hmm, looks like it could be good.
  • Cataferal 13 Oct 2009 11:10:19 11 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Field Runners is superb. I found myself torn between this and Pixel Junk Monsters, but in the end youtube videos told me FR was the faster more accessible tower defence game.

For 4, it definitely delivered on my expectations.
  • Page

of 12 First / Last