Xbox 360 Data Transfer Cable Thingy Page 5

• Page

of 7 First / Last

• agparrot 31 Jan 2010 15:34:54 11,903 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    TWIGishere wrote:
    Sorry to bump again, but Im still after a cable if anyone is willing to do a lend for a few days? Same offer stands if anybody requires a few quid for postage/hassle etc

I just dug mine out this morning while I was trying to find some stuff under the pile of crap on my desk.

PM me and I'll fire it off tomorrow if that is ok?
  • TWIGishere 31 Jan 2010 15:37:41 249 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    agparrot wrote:
    TWIGishere wrote:
    Sorry to bump again, but Im still after a cable if anyone is willing to do a lend for a few days? Same offer stands if anybody requires a few quid for postage/hassle etc

I just dug mine out this morning while I was trying to find some stuff under the pile of crap on my desk.

PM me and I'll fire it off tomorrow if that is ok?

Superb mate, youre a life saver!
  • Errol_Flynn 1 Feb 2010 10:42:53 7 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago

@TWIGishere

Sorry to bother you but I've got the same problem - my 360 decided to die the day I bought Mass Effect 2. I'm going to buy an Elite later on today so would it be alright if I could have the transfer cable and CD after you? I'll PM my address to you later if that's ok.

Oh, and anyone else who's reading this needs it after I'm done - I'll be more than happy to send them along. £11 for transfering your own data, to a console you've already paid more than £180+ is taking the piss...

Anyway, thanks very much.
  • agparrot 1 Feb 2010 10:58:24 11,903 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Errol_Flynn wrote:

@TWIGishere

Sorry to bother you but I've got the same problem - my 360 decided to die the day I bought Mass Effect 2. I'm going to buy an Elite later on today so would it be alright if I could have the transfer cable and CD after you? I'll PM my address to you later if that's ok.

Oh, and anyone else who's reading this needs it after I'm done - I'll be more than happy to send them along. £11 for transfering your own data, to a console you've already paid more than £180+ is taking the piss...

Anyway, thanks very much.

Are you offering out my cable?!

;)

I'm happy for it to do the rounds, as long as it doesn't disappear into the ether.... I want to be able to continue to use it to do good deeds of allowing people to transfer their data, without it becoming a free item for untrustworthy people.

So as long as it doesn't get sent to any untrustworthy people, I'm good with it.

Are you trustworthy?
  • Errol_Flynn 1 Feb 2010 12:25:14 7 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago

Well, I'm planning to continue playing Mass Effect 2 using my Paragon character from the first one - is that trustworthy enough? ;)

Seriously though - many apologies, I must have misread the thread as a "take it, pass along" sort of thing. But if I could borrow your cable and CD at some point that would be great. I'm going to swap my Hard Drive out of my old 360 and put it in the Elite, so there's not really any immediate rush to transfer the data over (apart from not having space to install the whole game on the old 20Gb) so whenever it's free it'd be much appreciated. To be honest, it was a stretch to afford buying the Elite in any case, and £11 on top of everything else is just a bit much...

Again, many thanks.
  • TWIGishere 2 Feb 2010 10:25:49 249 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    agparrot...

Give me the nod and Ill forward it on if you're happy with that. Oh and cheers for the PM mate, we need to get some gaming on the go!!
  • agparrot 2 Feb 2010 10:40:39 11,903 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    TWIGishere wrote:
    agparrot...

Give me the nod and Ill forward it on if you're happy with that. Oh and cheers for the PM mate, we need to get some gaming on the go!!

I don't see any reason not to pass it on, I have lost far more valuable things to acts of trust before!

Besides which, we'll have Errol_Flynn's name and address, so we can always pop round to 'collect' it if necessary! ;)

• Madder-Max 2 Feb 2010 11:16:25 11,640 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    can anyone help here? Got the 12o g hdd, connected cable, inserted disc...and 'mixed media disc' on dashboard with no option other than to eject. dodgy disc?

99 problems and being ginger is one

• agparrot 2 Feb 2010 11:41:54 11,903 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Madder Max wrote:
    can anyone help here? Got the 12o g hdd, connected cable, inserted disc...and 'mixed media disc' on dashboard with no option other than to eject. dodgy disc?

Hmm, sounds like it... might be worth just giving it a bit of a clean, if you haven't tried this already.

There are several different 'versions' of the disks, however, but I don't know if any of them would be incompatible enough to show the symptoms you describe.
  • SirDespard 2 Feb 2010 12:51:43 121 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Madder Max-
    Don't you have to boot from the disk for it to work? Can't remember 100% as it's been a year since I used it. Try turning off and restarting the XBox with it in the tray...
  • Rich72 3 Feb 2010 17:29:00 531 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    right, i'm done with my cable and am happy to pass it along to anyone who will pay the postage.

GT: Rich 72 PSN: LordVelvet

• Rich72 3 Feb 2010 17:57:48 531 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    e-mail me... address on my home page thingy.... not random stuff... about the cable

• thenastypasty 10 Feb 2010 17:40:21 5,180 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Afternoon all,I've finally picked up an Elite and was wondering if any of you lovely people are able to loan me a transfer cable,i'll be more than willing to pay the post both ways?

If you could that would be great,drop me a PM or leave a message in here if anyone has got one.
  • skajme 10 Feb 2010 20:43:24 4 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    hi there, another request to borrow somebody's cable if thats possible?
    i'll send it back once used, or onto the next person... whichever =]
  • thenastypasty 12 Feb 2010 12:39:12 5,180 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    thenastypasty wrote:
    Afternoon all,I've finally picked up an Elite and was wondering if any of you lovely people are able to loan me a transfer cable,i'll be more than willing to pay the post both ways?

If you could that would be great,drop me a PM or leave a message in here if anyone has got one.

Anyone?

Pleaseeeeeeeeee!
  • DUFFMAN5 12 Feb 2010 12:48:52 14,540 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    thenastypasty wrote:
    thenastypasty wrote:

Anyone?

Pleaseeeeeeeeee!

Hi fella, did you ask rich72 ?
    Emmit_assassin should be getting the one I sent him today/tomorrow. pm him direct and he can send on to you and then you can return it to me, Rec post please (I always send everything rec post)...happy days a-plenty
    OH YEAH

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• thenastypasty 12 Feb 2010 13:37:42 5,180 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cheers duff I'll send them a PM.
  • agparrot 12 Feb 2010 18:48:39 11,903 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Jesus, I wish I'd sent mine to TWIGIshere recorded delivery - I still have the first class package receipt, but it hasn't turned up, 11 days later :(
  • OfNoConsequence 12 Feb 2010 21:16:33 7 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Many thanks to Rich72 for the loan, his cable should be winging its way back to him shortly.
  • Kostabi 12 Feb 2010 22:21:51 4,903 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If someone would be super kind enough to keep me in mind when a cable starts doing the rounds again that'd be ace.

Will return it rec'd post and all that jazz.
  • TWIGishere 13 Feb 2010 13:57:56 249 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    agparrot wrote:
    Jesus, I wish I'd sent mine to TWIGIshere recorded delivery - I still have the first class package receipt, but it hasn't turned up, 11 days later :(

Bad times for the Royal Mail, 12 days and counting!! :(
  • skajme 15 Feb 2010 17:38:01 4 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    i still need to use one of these cables =[
    Rich72 when you get yours back would you be able to send it to me?
    i'll cover any postage costs
  • DaM 15 Feb 2010 18:42:36 12,971 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've got one courtesy of our very own PatrickEwing. It'll be available when I work up the courage to use it :)

Oh and regs only...nothing personal, but a regular will see this thread being bumped and pass it on :)
  • WinterSnowblind 15 Feb 2010 18:50:15 1,226 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I plan on buying a new HDD soon, so again, if anyone has one available at some point, please pm me with the details.
  • skajme 16 Feb 2010 17:25:59 4 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    i can understand why people would be wary of sending to a non reg, i'd be the same
    but i'm just here for help, as soon as i'm done with the cable i will send it on, and keep everything updated on here as i go along
  • skajme 17 Feb 2010 17:22:55 4 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    nevermind i have got one from elsewhere now
    thanks anyway =]
  • agparrot 19 Feb 2010 11:11:15 11,903 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    TWIGishere wrote:
    agparrot wrote:

Bad times for the Royal Mail, 12 days and counting!! :(

It's my own stupid fault, I should have sent it via recorded delivery.

Does anyone else have a cable they can send TWIGishere now that mine has disappeared into the fecking ether please?
  • Rich72 19 Feb 2010 17:57:19 531 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    sorry to the two people I missed requesting the cable. I'm out of action for another week or so.

Thanks to OfNoConsequence for getting the cable back so quickly and thanks for the "drink"... most appreciated.

• muzzy50k 23 Feb 2010 22:57:50 4 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hi all,

I've just created an account especially to see if I could be included on the data transfer cable sharing. After a good bit of time spent looking at different options (ms directly, eBay etc) I decided that considering the price of these discs a free cable might not be too hard to
    get - wrong!

Absolute same philosophy as above - I'll pay p+p both ways!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Madder-Max 25 Feb 2010 20:33:23 11,640 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    can anyone help? I have a 20 gig hdd. Missus buys me a 120 gig hdd and transfer kit off ebay (cable and disc). Disc 'mixed media disc' in 360 when set up as diagram shows so no joy.

Connect it via laptop and disc not recognosed. So....I go to the website, download the software and start moving data fron 20 gig to laptop.....to then transfer to 120gig.

BHour later almost done when message says not enough hard drive space. Check laptop and there is 32gig free. 18 gig on 20 gig hdd.

Any ideas? Any help appreciated.

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Page

of 7 First / Last