Dead Space 2

• Page

of 51 First / Last

Previous
  • Deleted user 30 September 2009 20:55:26
    And it begins:

"A Visceral Games job ad has leaked confirmation of Dead Space 2, revealing that the 360 and PS3 follow-up is currently in pre-production with the original team.

"The previous instalment in the Dead Space franchise received numerous awards for gameplay, visuals, and sound design, and the same core team is in place to create an even better follow up," reads the Linked In ad. Someone's getting told off...

"The game is in the later stages of pre-production, ready for production in the next few months, with many of the navigational and combat mechanics in place," it continues.

"We have complete autonomy and creative control over our own decisions. The Games Label at EA is 100% committed to this IP, and has already worked on IP extensions such as comic, animated features, and action figures."

Via CVG (link): http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=224550

Weblinks to confirmaion and future locations of info:

http://www.deadspacehorror.com/dead-space-2
    http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/09/30/dead-space-2-job-listing-means-its-still-coming/
    http://kotaku.com/5323515/ea-working-on-not-just-dead-space-2-but-dead-space-3-as-well
    http://uk.pc.ign.com/objects/142/14293269.html
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/dead-space-2-almost-in-production

For PC, PS3 and 360
  • seasidebaz 30 Sep 2009 21:03:25 6,126 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    7/10
  • Deleted user 30 September 2009 21:04:55
    seasidebaz wrote:
    7/10

Psshhht, worse than Halo. Maybe I should finish the first dead space before thinking about the 2nd one....hmmm.
  • seasidebaz 30 Sep 2009 21:07:31 6,126 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Good idea. The first one has good atmosphere but is lacking. Plus, it goes from scare-fest to ROFL-fest when you get telekinesis.
  • Deleted user 30 September 2009 21:08:59
    seasidebaz wrote:
    Good idea. The first one has good atmosphere but is lacking. Plus, it goes from scare-fest to ROFL-fest when you get telekinesis.

Haha, I started it and got to the 3rd chapter before getting distracted. Must return to it, after I've whored batman.
  • Retroid Moderator 30 Sep 2009 21:38:28 44,782 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This thread has the Dead Space 2 Retroid Seal of Approval.
  • seasidebaz 30 Sep 2009 21:43:39 6,126 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that's one happy seal :D

OK, so Dead Space 2.
  • Retroid Moderator 30 Sep 2009 22:02:29 44,782 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Really liked the first one to the extent that I'm actually considering buying Extraction on Wii.

:o
  • Wayne 30 Sep 2009 22:03:20 2,143 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    spartancog117 wrote:
    seasidebaz wrote:

Haha, I started it and got to the 3rd chapter before getting distracted. Must return to it, after I've whored batman.

I done that twice!!

So now I have a game that I thought was awesome, but I don't want to play it again from the 3rd level, but I don't want to do the first two levels again either.
    I've ruined it on myself. :0(
  • Deleted user 30 September 2009 22:06:20
    Retroid wrote:
    Really liked the first one to the extent that I'm actually considering buying Extraction on Wii.

To my complete surprise it's actually very good. Second best on-rails shooter after Overkill, though that's only after a couple of chapters, so it could still go either way.
  • seasidebaz 30 Sep 2009 22:22:16 6,126 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Retroid wrote:

I think I'd rather play Extraction to be honest. Looks like my kind of game.
  • Hunam 30 Sep 2009 22:24:39 20,674 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I thought Dead Space was the shining gem in the pile of turd that flowed from 2008. Can't wait for more.
  • JoeBlade 30 Sep 2009 22:40:17 2,545 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hunam wrote:
    I thought Dead Space was the shining gem in the pile of turd that flowed from 2008. Can't wait for more.
    The turdgem speaks truth!
  • Lexx87 30 Sep 2009 22:45:13 20,869 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dead Space is chuffing brilliant...it did make me shit my pants though. The regenerating guy was my nightmare :(

Speak the truth hussy!

• Deleted user 30 September 2009 22:57:53
    dead space was one of my fav games from last yr, im planning to replay it soon to get the hard playthrough & one gun gold throphies.
  • Tuffty 30 Sep 2009 23:23:32 1,590 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just completed it tonight, so this is remarkably well timed

Great game, I'd love to know what happens next or what new gameplay they could introduce to improve it.
  • INSOMANiAC 30 Sep 2009 23:40:39 3,829 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Completed it a few times, im on my final playtrhough on impossible to get the final achievements, its not a bad game its solid enough but its not the classic some people make out.

If they make a new one they need to make sure impossible mode is not just a 'slightly harder than hard' mode ie,

Disable the oxygen and stasis machines so we actually have to USE the ones we collect instead of just flogging them.

Stop the reloading at the door youve just entered when you die. Makes it far too easy

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• Max_Powers 3 Oct 2009 20:05:05 1,098 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I just finished Dead Space this night after having borrowed it from a friend. I thought it was extremely good. Fantastic production values, great controls, great graphics, action etc.

It did everything right that RE5 did wrong in my opinion. Underrated gem and wholehartedly recommended.
  • Deleted user 4 October 2009 14:27:37
    They need to be slightly less 'fair' with the level design on the sequel (yes, yes, bare with me here)

It was too obvious there was going to be a 'no life support' section due to a floor containing tonnes of air supply ports (while others had none). On a similar note - any large rooms were so obviously an 'arena' bit, especially as they tended to overload you with ammo in the corridor before entering.

The lifts were too small to be ambushed in...meaning that when I got in a slightly bigger lift (that bit in the engines section for instance) I was rather non-plussed when I was ambushed.

Shooting off limbs was fun, but it made combat rather predictable - no new monster made me think or panic (except that regenerating guy) as it was just a case of 'oh, yeah, shoot the legs.'

And improve the writing. You lose the audience when you use a joke as a major plot point (scientology...) in a 'serious' story. And stop the running back and forth unless you /completely/ alter the old floor (ala System Shock 2's hydoponics section (I think...).

Other than that - good game and I'll be getting the sequel on launch day as there's just so few well made survival/action horror games out there atm.

Edit: And a controversial suggestion - put in re-spawning creatures (rare, but make it happen) so that walking back to the nearest shop feels dangerous.
  • Hunam 4 Oct 2009 14:31:54 20,674 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I kind of agree with you there. My favourite bits where with the regenerator and a section where those bat things reanimate corpses, and your basically in a room full of them, you try to off them quickly and you soon realise you don't have a hope in hells chance of keeping up so you just start jettisoning your ammo at them in the far fetched dream of actually staying alive. After all the blood has settled and there is just bits of everything everywhere you really get the feeling that you actually fucking made it somehow. That's kind of rare in the main part of the game so I hope they have more chaotic sections to really capitalise on the tension it expertly builds up.
  • Deleted user 4 October 2009 14:35:39
    Hunam wrote:
    I kind of agree with you there. My favourite bits where with the regenerator and a section where those bat things reanimate corpses, and your basically in a room full of them, you try to off them quickly and you soon realise you don't have a hope in hells chance of keeping up so you just start jettisoning your ammo at them in the far fetched dream of actually staying alive. After all the blood has settled and there is just bits of everything everywhere you really get the feeling that you actually fucking made it somehow. That's kind of rare in the main part of the game so I hope they have more chaotic sections to really capitalise on the tension it expertly builds up.

Yah, the bits where the regenerator and a couple of normal beasties appear at the same time, or you have those bats flapping about regening harmless bodies really mixes up things as you have two different beasts to cope with = instant panic.

The fat guys were good fun, but it took me until chapter 12 to find out those wiggly-leg things burst from it's stomach due to always shooting the limbs :-/ Now if that happened if you, say, shot their legs instead...
  • JoeBlade 4 Oct 2009 14:47:17 2,545 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @WJF: I see where you're coming from but keep in mind most people appreciate a minimum amount of predictability in a game (or book or film for that matter) Being able to 'outsmart' the game somewhat through recognition of recurring patterns and anticipation offers a form of fulfillment.
    Take that away in order to consistently scare even players with nerves of steel, and part of the audience will no doubt percieve the game as 'being too random' and abandon it...
  • the_dudefather 4 Oct 2009 15:15:57 9,288 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone else get to the point when you started stomping dead human bodies to bits, just in case a bat thing came along?

hope there are more airlock bits, those were great

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• matrim83 5 Oct 2009 07:32:12 5,587 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    A little less backtracking and I will be happy.

Valar morghulis.

• dominalien 5 Oct 2009 08:26:25 6,861 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @WJF

Very good points. I concur. Although I remember entering the big elevator and knowing I'd be attacked made me frantically look from where and how to best position myself.

Still, it would be good if these places you talk about were less obvious.

PSN: DonOsito

• Oh-Bollox 5 Oct 2009 21:24:58 5,252 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Less enemies, but make them more formidable. No 'safe' places. More of the zero gravity/vacuum stuff, the atmosphere in them was the high point of Dead Space, the barely-audible sounds, the sudden washed-out look, being able to travel on the walls/ceiling. They were ace.
  • Oh-Bollox 5 Oct 2009 22:02:15 5,252 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Imagine that thing chasing you through a zero grav section.

Not too fond of the time factor introduced by the vacuum, though. While it's okay in short bursts to add impetus, if done over an entire game it'd get old really quickly.
  • ecureuil 15 Nov 2009 01:17:31 76,814 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Multiplayer

/sigh
  • Page

of 51 First / Last

Previous