The Amazing Spider-Man

• Page

of 29 First / Last

Previous
  • Deleted user 18 September 2009 17:20:14
    Not sure there's been a thread (couldn't find one) but this is now very much confirmed and Raimi, McGuire and Dunst are all on board for this and the 5th film. They may even film both simultaneously.

The one bit of news of interest is that Bruce Campbell is also confirmed to be teaming up with Raimi again for a major role yet to be confirmed, although if I was a betting man I would guess he'll be Kraven the Hunter.
  • WrongShui 18 Sep 2009 17:22:29 6,622 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    His Awesome Chin is getting old and flabby, he's gonna need whipping into shape.
  • LFMartins 18 Sep 2009 17:23:51 5,704 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Campbell as Kraven would be awesome.
  • CosmicFuzz 18 Sep 2009 17:25:26 25,637 posts
    Seen 45 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I read that the 5th and 6th films were to be reboots of a kind. Hope that's not true.

Come listen to us discuss the Playstation Experience in Episode 11 of Open Source. zoolophage writes in!

• Super_Zee 18 Sep 2009 17:27:15 2,110 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    But hasn't he already been in the other three as different roles? Or will that be conveniently ignored?

Spider-Man is my favourite childhood superhero but the third film was terrible, so fingers crossed that 4 & 5 reverse that trend.
  • Deleted user 18 September 2009 17:28:20
    I've not read that. I'm sure that's not true, there's really no need to be doing reboots at all.

I'll be interested to see if they weave the Spidey-verse into the rest of the movie Marvel universe they're slowly building for this mega Avengers movie. I hope they do, it would be cool to see Spidey team up with Iron Man and Hulk and co.
  • Deleted user 18 September 2009 17:29:17
    Super_Zee wrote:
    But hasn't he already been in the other three as different roles? Or will that be conveniently ignored?

Yeah, but that won't matter. They were minor cameos.
  • Deleted user 18 September 2009 17:29:22
    Super_Zee wrote:

There was a suggestion that there would be a good reason why this one guy appears to be following Peter Parker around. It could also be Campbell winding the press up for his amusement.
  • LFMartins 18 Sep 2009 17:31:52 5,704 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I could be wrong but i think Sony Pictures still has the rights to the Spider-Man movies while Marvel Films is doing Iron Man, Hulk and the rest. So that makes for an unlikely Spider-Man appearence in the Avengers movie.
  • Dizzy 18 Sep 2009 17:31:54 2,762 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    After the awful 3 I would hope they let this die.
  • CosmicFuzz 18 Sep 2009 17:32:52 25,637 posts
    Seen 45 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    I've not read that. I'm sure that's not true, there's really no need to be doing reboots at all.

I'll be interested to see if they weave the Spidey-verse into the rest of the movie Marvel universe they're slowly building for this mega Avengers movie. I hope they do, it would be cool to see Spidey team up with Iron Man and Hulk and co.

We won't ever see Spidey in the Avengers movie, purely on the fact that Spny own the rights. That's why Marvel are doing Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America and Thor themselves, so they can control it all.

Pretty sure the only reason Fox announced that FF reboot was to stop the rights going to Marvel as well.

Come listen to us discuss the Playstation Experience in Episode 11 of Open Source. zoolophage writes in!

• Deleted user 18 September 2009 17:33:35
    LFMartins wrote:
    I could be wrong but i think Sony Pictures still has the rights to the Spider-Man movies while Marvel Films is doing Iron Man, Hulk and the rest. So that makes for an unlikely Spider-Man appearence in the Avengers movie.

Inteersting. That might explain why 5 and 6 might be a reboot of sorts then.

As much as I'd like to see Spidey in the Avengers, I'd be annoyed if they rebooted the franchise just to justify it. That would be lame.
  • Spanky 18 Sep 2009 17:40:22 14,610 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I want Campbell to be Mysterio, Mysterio is my fav. Mysterio + The lizard for low rent fight.

Plubs

• Deleted user 18 September 2009 17:41:13
    Hopefully that teacher will finally become the lizard. They've been setting that up for years now.
  • Deleted user 18 September 2009 17:42:18
    I think they were going to be reboots of sorts because everyone involved recognises that they fucked up Spiderman 3. Other than ignoring that and starting a bit of a new arc, I expect the changes to be minimal.

I don't know the terms of Marvel's deals but I assume that as long as Spiderman, Xmen et al. are getting used then they may never get control of the film rights again (other than buying them back). Daredevil is due to go back in another year or two I think and could be done very well if they go more along Bendis/Brubaker's route, the rest are probably gone for a long time except Punisher and no-one wants that shite anyway.
  • BinaryBob101 18 Sep 2009 17:42:53 24,431 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    The one bit of news of interest is that Bruce Campbell is also confirmed to be teaming up with Raimi again for a major role yet to be confirmed, although if I was a betting man I would guess he'll be Kraven the Hunter.

I might change that bet to Mysterio. Here's why:

Quentin Beck, a special effects wizard, master of disguise and stunt man working for a major Hollywood studio with dreams of making a name for himself in the film industry. However, he came to see his career in special effects as a dead-end job, but realized that his expertise in illusions could make him an effective supervillain.

It would tie-in nicely with what Campbell has already done in the previous Spidey movies and give him a backstory. He's been the only guy in the films, so far who has defeated Spidey in a way.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• ronuds 18 Sep 2009 17:45:14 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I figured this was over after how bad 3 was.

Well, was hoping, anyway. But 3 was terrible.
  • Deleted user 18 September 2009 17:46:35
    God, retconning the Campbell cameos into a pre-planned charachter development would be even worse then the 'Sandman killed uncle Ben after all' retcon in Spidey 3.

So yeah, can see that happening :/
  • ronuds 18 Sep 2009 17:50:02 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Campbell is "cool" and all, but I don't understand why him being in the movie would be such a big deal. He isn't some outstanding actor or anything. Usually, most things he's involved with are considered a joke.

Superjoke 4. :p
  • chopsen 18 Sep 2009 17:50:04 16,290 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I quite enjoyed 3. Never really got why so many people hated it.

A reboot so soon using the same people would be a bit mental.
  • popkorn5 18 Sep 2009 17:52:09 7 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Dizzy wrote:
    After the awful 3 I would hope they let this die.

Yeah of course, after each movie taking about $900m at the box office and probably just as much on disc of course they will let it die. Spidey 1 was great, 2 was excellent and 3 had it's moments but was a bit of a mess. After the excellent Drag Me To Hell hopefully Mr Raimi will be back on form for Spidey4.
  • Spanky 18 Sep 2009 17:52:29 14,610 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    /all opinions invalidated

Plubs

• morriss 18 Sep 2009 17:52:53 71,286 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Spiderman films are shit by default unfortunately.
  • Spanky 18 Sep 2009 17:54:20 14,610 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Spiderman 2 is excellent, 1 was fucked by the bad costume design on the goblin and 3 quite LITERALLY shat right in my face, RIGHT IN MY FACE.

Also batman + his films are fucking shit. :D

Plubs

• chopsen 18 Sep 2009 17:54:35 16,290 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Spanky wrote:
    Chopsen wrote:

But WHY is it shit?! At least when everybody goes Phantom Menace being crap (which it is) they give reasons. Everybody dismisses S3 out of hand. I want reasons! In bullet point form!
  • Deleted user 18 September 2009 17:54:44
    What about Spider-Man films?
  • Deleted user 18 September 2009 17:55:09
    1 was origin, so was obviously a bit shonky, but 2 was great.

We don't mention how fucking shit 3 was though. I'm amazed they managed to take an already ridiculously awful character (Venom) and make him even worse though.
  • BinaryBob101 18 Sep 2009 17:55:52 24,431 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The other great bit of news here is that the scriptwriter is the guy who did Zodiac, James Vanderbilt. He's also got the gig for 5 and 6, even if they become rebootimagiquels.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• Deleted user 18 September 2009 17:55:57
    Chopsen wrote:
    Spanky wrote:
    Chopsen wrote:

But WHY is it shit?! At least when everybody goes Phantom Menace being crap (which it is) they give reasons. Everybody dismisses S3 out of hand. I want reasons! In bullet point form!

Are you serious?

Let's just remind ourselves shall we?
  • Spanky 18 Sep 2009 17:56:05 14,610 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    In bullet point form!
    Not even worth the effort

Plubs

• Page

of 29 First / Last

Previous