The Witcher 2 Page 69

  • Page

    of 75 First / Last

  • Armoured_Bear 16 May 2013 13:49:27 11,900 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Picking this up today after seeing it for cheap. I hope I'm in the "best RPG evar" camp.
    I'm having loads more fun with it now that I seem to have accidentally progressed through the 'you are shit at this' phase. :)
    \o/

    Glad it's clicked, such a memorable game for me..

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Ziz0u 16 May 2013 14:30:43 8,648 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Reading through this thread and, wow... some of you really hated this game!
  • Armoured_Bear 16 May 2013 14:52:12 11,900 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    There were so many memorable characters, I recently put tens of hours into Skyrim and don't remember or care about anyone.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Ziz0u 16 May 2013 14:59:19 8,648 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm surprised by the "clunkiness" complaints. I thought it was supposed to be really polished. Doesn't matter. I'm sure I'll enjoy it. It's my kinda game.
  • Blerk Moderator 16 May 2013 15:45:21 48,225 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It is remarkably polished and graphically it's excellent, even on the 360. Most of my clunkiness complaints surround certain elements of the game's systems and they're mostly design quibbles rather than things that aren't very well implemented.
  • AcidSnake 16 May 2013 15:54:10 7,297 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It does have some annoying glitches during cutscenes and such like character moving out of the way, but nothing too bad and definitely nothing ruinous...

    AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

  • Blerk Moderator 16 May 2013 15:58:03 48,225 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    There were so many memorable characters, I recently put tens of hours into Skyrim and don't remember or care about anyone.
    Greatly helped by the quality of the voice acting as well
    And bare boobies, of course!
  • Blerk Moderator 17 May 2013 09:51:26 48,225 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Finally made it to chapter 3/disc 2 last night, went very well! Hurrah for me!

    I fail to see how any decent chap could not have killed Henselt at the end of Chapter 2, there. What a fucking bastard! Stab, stab, stab!

    Edited by Blerk at 09:51:47 17-05-2013
  • Deleted user 17 May 2013 09:56:23
    Blerk wrote:
    Finally made it to chapter 3/disc 2 last night, went very well! Hurrah for me!

    I fail to see how any decent chap could not have killed Henselt at the end of Chapter 2, there. What a fucking bastard! Stab, stab, stab!
    Smh. You don't think there will be repercussions. :)
    You preferred to side with saskia
  • Ziz0u 17 May 2013 09:57:22 8,648 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I gave this a quick go last night and really enjoyed it. The combat is really tough though. I haven't died yet, but I have come close. I think I need to practice a bit in the Arena. I can do that right?
  • Deleted user 17 May 2013 10:00:42
    The game paints the nilfgaardians as the baddies, black armour and the perceivabley naughty councillor. However they are the ones who accept all races etc and gave the elves their land. The northern kingdoms are A bunch of Nazis, if you not white human you not welcome.
  • Deleted user 17 May 2013 10:03:23
    ZizouFC wrote:
    I gave this a quick go last night and really enjoyed it. The combat is really tough though. I haven't died yet, but I have come close. I think I need to practice a bit in the Arena. I can do that right?
    Just play with caution and use roll and block a lot. Upgrade to the counter attack ability asap. The stun spells and traps are handy too.

    It is a strange game in the way that the first five hours or so are very hard then it becomes easier, by the end you are badass.
  • Widge Moderator 17 May 2013 10:04:26 13,743 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Much like Fallout/Oblivion in that respect.

    _ _ _

    www.inverted-audio.com

  • Ziz0u 17 May 2013 10:11:20 8,648 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Cheers. I will persevere.
  • Blerk Moderator 17 May 2013 10:13:54 48,225 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    Blerk wrote:
    Finally made it to chapter 3/disc 2 last night, went very well! Hurrah for me!

    I fail to see how any decent chap could not have killed Henselt at the end of Chapter 2, there. What a fucking bastard! Stab, stab, stab!
    Smh. You don't think there will be repercussions. :)
    You preferred to side with saskia
    I don't care about the repercussions, he was a dick!
  • Ziz0u 18 May 2013 11:47:30 8,648 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Erm... how do I know which sword I'm using? Is pressing right for the silver sword?

    Sorry...
  • DUFFMAN5 18 May 2013 11:49:51 15,399 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Erm... how do I know which sword I'm using? Is pressing right for the silver sword?

    Sorry...
    They have different Hilts, but you are right it confused me many times ;-)

    "Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

  • Duffking 18 May 2013 11:52:28 7,562 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It draws the correct one automatically most of the time anyway.
  • Ziz0u 18 May 2013 11:55:42 8,648 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Cheers. I was just worried I was using items on a sword but then using the wrong one.
  • Mr_Sleep 18 May 2013 12:06:26 17,383 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    It is a strange game in the way that the first five hours or so are very hard then it becomes easier, by the end you are badass.
    Everyone says that but I think they forget about the gargoyles!

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • Blerk Moderator 18 May 2013 15:17:51 48,225 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Erm... how do I know which sword I'm using? Is pressing right for the silver sword?

    Sorry...
    They have different Hilts, but you are right it confused me many times ;-)
    Left is regular, right is silver. This rule applies to both the d-pad button you push AND the sword's position on Geralt's back. So if you have a sword drawn and the left-hand sword is visible on Geralt's back then you're wielding the silver sword... if you see what I mean.

    Just remember - silver for monsters, regular for humans. This is crucial.

    Got another totally bad-ass silver sword last night, I'm twatting monsters like a motherfucker now! \o/
  • YenooR 19 May 2013 14:11:59 533 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Have to give this game on more go, tried to play it last January and gave up.
  • Blerk Moderator 20 May 2013 15:01:27 48,225 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Feels like I might be getting close to the end now. Had a few tough fights last night while rescuing Triss, mostly because I was getting swamped with multiple attackers but I managed to get through them after a couple failed of attempts.

    Never thought I'd get this far, so hurrah! \o/
  • JoeBlade 20 May 2013 17:14:52 2,638 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Blerk You are :)

    Start thinking about a second playthrough joining Iorveth's side.

    It's absolutely worth it, the entire second chapter - which is by far the longest - is entirely different. And I thought the story was better too.
  • Blerk Moderator 21 May 2013 13:40:54 48,225 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've not got any saves from back then so I'd have to restart. Can I carry my stats over into a replay to help things along? That'd play a big part in convincing me to go back and do a second run-through of just the story missions/different bits.

    Made it into the epilogue last night but didn't quite make it to the end. Tonight, hopefully!
  • robthehermit 21 May 2013 13:59:20 4,320 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Nope, there's no new game + option, you'll start out all weak and feeble. Try playing it on Dark, it shouldn't be too much harder, as you'll be used to the combat, you won't be able to wade in as much, and probably spend more time rolling about, but the balance is redressed somewhat by the armour and weapon sets you can get in each chapter. I would also suggest looking up what is needed for each set so that you can stockpile the materials when you get the chance, they're a bit grindy in their requirements, and one of the 3rd chapter set components can be missed if you make the wrong story choice.

    GT: robthehermit

    Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

  • DUFFMAN5 21 May 2013 14:27:59 15,399 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    I've not got any saves from back then so I'd have to restart. Can I carry my stats over into a replay to help things along? That'd play a big part in convincing me to go back and do a second run-through of just the story missions/different bits.

    Made it into the epilogue last night but didn't quite make it to the end. Tonight, hopefully!
    Hi mate
    What gametime have you put in. Trying to work out if I have enough time to play before The last of us, I tend to only play 1 game at a time until completion.

    "Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

  • Cadence 21 May 2013 14:32:27 1,696 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I installed this last night on my fairly decent PC (GTX570, 8GB ram, blah blah). It doesn't seem to run that well at all though, with lots of microstutter, even with the settings on medium/low. Are there any particular settings that defintely cause a big performance hit? (I know about that supersampling antialiasing stuff, I've got it turned off).
  • Page

    of 75 First / Last

Log in or register to reply