The Witcher 2 Page 66

• Page

of 75 First / Last

• Armoured_Bear 28 Dec 2012 09:12:04 11,895 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    AcidSnake wrote:
    About the Kayran trap, you get an essential bit behind Loredo's house, but that isn't the trap...
    You need to get the blueprint for the trap from that friendly elf you talked to earlier just outside the village (I forget his name)...

Kayran prep tactic:
    After that you craft it, equip what you need to, select the right power, drink your desired potions all just before falling of the second to last edge...If anything goes wrong you can restart from there without needing to drink/select stuff every time...
    Thanks AcidSnake, I met the elf last night, pity I forgot to see what he had to sell, hopefully he's still there...

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• DUFFMAN5 28 Dec 2012 10:55:12 15,396 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @LionheartDJH
    :)

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Vortex808 28 Dec 2012 11:30:51 7,580 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Cedric's normally roaming about the area where you met him AB.

Duff, Witcher gets much better as you progress through it IMO. I can't comment on DD as I am still to try that out yet!
  • AcidSnake 28 Dec 2012 11:33:08 7,297 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cedric! That's it!

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Armoured_Bear 30 Dec 2012 00:22:14 11,895 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I just did the Roses of Remembrance quest, got jiggy with Triss.
    What an awesome game, I think I've did all of Chapter 1 side quests now and the atmosphere, characters and visuals are super. I'm enjoying the story too.

• Armoured_Bear 30 Dec 2012 17:06:59 11,895 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Shit, Crossroads time.
    Go with Vernon or squirrels?
    Hmmm....

• JoeBlade 30 Dec 2012 17:35:28 2,637 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear For what it's worth: I thought the latter was more interesting overall.
    However, I would recommend going with what feels right to you. It gives more weight to the moral dilemma.

Best of all would be to do two playthroughs either way, because you get the complete story then.
    And trust me, the rest of the game is substantially different depending on the choice you make at the point you're at so the game absolutely warrants those playthroughs.
  • Vortex808 30 Dec 2012 17:38:29 7,580 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That choice took me ages. I wished i had the time to go back and do the other one too, but it made the choice even more difficult knowing I didn't!
  • LionheartDJH 30 Dec 2012 18:20:57 19,542 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah took me a lot of deliberation aswell. Like JB says I'd go with which you feel more strongly about.

I would suggest saving the game before you do it so if you do a second playthrough you don't have to do the prologue and act 1 again. I'll be returning at some point to take the other path and see how that plays out, looking forward to it.

She dives for cheese pasties

• JoeBlade 30 Dec 2012 19:00:34 2,637 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    LionheartDJH wrote:
    I would suggest saving the game before you do it so if you do a second playthrough you don't have to do the prologue and act 1 again. I'll be returning at some point to take the other path and see how that plays out, looking forward to it.
    Yeah that's a good suggestion.

There's no way to respec though so if you want to try a completely different witcher style on a next playthrough you'll have to start from scratch regardless.
    But if you have the above save ready you can still decide there and then.
  • Armoured_Bear 30 Dec 2012 20:58:05 11,895 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Thanks guys, I think I'm going with the former despite being pretty sure that future events will reveal things to be quite different...

• Armoured_Bear 6 Jan 2013 22:28:57 11,895 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Bloody hell, just finished end of Chapter 2.

Kill or spare Henselt?
    I let Roche kill him as he was a scum but I don't feel comfortable with murdering someone, Hmmm....

• DUFFMAN5 7 Jan 2013 08:40:56 15,396 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Started playing this again a few days ago. I had only got to Flotsam ? the first time around (on release, 360) and then played Gears of War 3 no stop for the rest of the year ;)

Anyway back to now, and I have just arrived at Flotsan again and loving the game/story. Triss is a bit hot ;)

The only complaints I have is the speed the Witcher moves at...too fast and the fact I have to take all loot from any given chest etc, I have looked at the options and don't seem to be able to turn down sensitivity, or cherry pick items, no great matter though.
    Looking forward to getting stuck into this and the DD. I have so many unplayed arpgs!

• robthehermit 7 Jan 2013 08:50:50 4,320 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I really should go back to this. Not sure what new shiny it was that distracted me, but I think I've left it long enough. I'll make a massive effort with Far Cry 3, then hopefully get back to this for the weekend.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• DUFFMAN5 7 Jan 2013 08:57:49 15,396 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @robthehermit

I'm doing it the other way around. Last game I played before W2 was FC3, once again a brilliant fun game (only on 1st island) but I'm having trouble sticking to any one game lately, which is most odd as I usually only play 1 game at a time 'till completion.

I'm going back to that play style though. FC3 will get its turn, after Witcher 2, maybe as a sandwich before Dragons Dogma.

• AcidSnake 7 Jan 2013 08:58:24 7,297 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @duffman:
    About that Triss thing, IIRC for some reason in Russia they've done a nude calendar of her (using a real person) and she certainly looks the part...

As for the end of chapter 1 choice I went with Roche though I'll be back to take the other choice...I love how you can clearly see there are very important characters that in my case almost fall into obscurity (Saskia the Dragonslayer for instance)...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• robthehermit 7 Jan 2013 09:35:49 4,320 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Triss is indeed a bit tasty. Not so tasty that I succumbed to her advances though. I decided that 5% magic resistance was more useful than a roll in the hay.

I'm also going to adopt a one game at a time policy. I've got more than enough to keep me going until the next xbox hits the shelves, so I'm going to save the money I would spend on games and hopefully I'll have a fair chunk towards the cost. Of course that will all go to shit if a bargain pops up.

• AcidSnake 7 Jan 2013 09:42:47 7,297 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wait, what 5% are we talking about here? I only ever took the hay way out...

• robthehermit 7 Jan 2013 10:13:21 4,320 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If you take the option which doesn't result in a tumble, you get a magic resistance bonus. I love all those little perks that you get for doing things like that. There's loads of them dotted about. Getting poisoned x amount, getting set on fire a lot etc.

• AcidSnake 7 Jan 2013 10:18:10 7,297 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Didn't know that, and would probably have never found out... :)

• Vortex808 7 Jan 2013 10:57:41 7,580 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    robthehermit wrote:
    Getting poisoned x amount, getting set on fire a lot etc.
    Yep. I walked into a few too many camp fires. :)

There is a trap avoiding one that is quite handy. Someone told me about it earlier in this thread.

Actually, I have a feeling it might have been your good self!
  • robthehermit 7 Jan 2013 11:03:22 4,320 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I believe it was. iirc, if you stop disarming a trap halfway through 5 times then you get a 50/50 chance if avoiding damage from traps or something.

• MadCaddy13 7 Jan 2013 11:05:52 2,059 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just finished chapter 1 - had a tussle with Letho. My frickin god he was rock hard! I was on normal and the best I could do after so many tries was to get 1/4 of his health off. I simply HAD to stick it on easy to beat him. Devastating blows, setting you on fire, poisoning you, constantly parrying you and I'm taking so little off him it felt like a final boss. But now I have the counter skill I think I would of had him. loving it so far though
  • Vortex808 7 Jan 2013 11:09:11 7,580 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    MadCaddy13 wrote:
    Just finished chapter 1 - had a tussle with Letho. My frickin god he was rock hard! I was on normal and the best I could do after so many tries was to get 1/4 of his health off. I simply HAD to stick it on easy to beat him. Devastating blows, setting you on fire, poisoning you, constantly parrying you and I'm taking so little off him it felt like a final boss. But now I have the counter skill I think I would of had him. loving it so far though
    That one was the toughest bit of the game imo madcaddy.

A bloody nightmare when you are so low level.
  • robthehermit 7 Jan 2013 11:10:46 4,320 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    MadCaddy13 wrote:
    Am I the only person who found that fight easy? Although I did cheese him a little. I managed to get him into a corner and just battered the shit out of him. If you can get him into a stun lock, it's a breeze. Having said that, perhaps it's because I'm playing on Dark, and the full armour and weapon set that you can pick up is ridiculously powerful.

• Armoured_Bear 8 Jan 2013 23:28:30 11,895 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Finished it!
    What an utterly fantastic game.

I let Letho go at the end, pity that I didn't see any more of Saskia, she seemed pretty cool.
    I loved having the choice to end without a boss fight.

• sunjumper 9 Jan 2013 00:30:18 3,248 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Finished it!
    What an utterly fantastic game.

I let Letho go at the end, pity that I didn't see any more of Saskia, she seemed pretty cool.
    I loved having the choice to end without a boss fight.
    You might want to follow the Scoiatel path to see what happened with her. You'll be surprised.
  • MadCaddy13 9 Jan 2013 07:48:37 2,059 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This game is reminding me a lot of dragon age. And that's a v good thing. Just started the 2nd disc - loving it so far
  • Armoured_Bear 9 Jan 2013 12:37:45 11,895 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    MadCaddy13 wrote:
    This game is reminding me a lot of dragon age. And that's a v good thing. Just started the 2nd disc - loving it so far
    It's a million times better in every way IMO..

• Page

of 75 First / Last