The 'There, I said it' thread. Page 84

• Page

of 88 First / Last

• Alastair 20 Sep 2013 11:47:21 16,058 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    S.J.Rogers wrote:
    Bacon always tastes better and is crunchier in America then it is here...

I only eat it when i am in America now, don't like UK bacon.
    American bacon is too annoying to be enjoyable. I've always struggled to get a fork into it without it shattering.
    I'm not uncouth so I like to eat it with a fork rather than my fingers.
  • Mr_Sleep 20 Sep 2013 11:51:29 17,184 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Bacon is the food that improves pretty much everything imo.
    Cabbage is almost a pointless vegetable without bacon to add to it to make it good. Fuck cabbage.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Mr_Sleep 20 Sep 2013 11:53:02 17,184 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    bitch_tits_zero_nine wrote:
    Yep, this thread has articulated my feelings about spirituality. I find it comforting to think there is something beyond.
    I find it comforting to think that there isn't something beyond myself, I'm more than happy for my conciousness to fade away with the rest of my body. I am not absolutely sure this wont change when I'm older but for the moment I have no problem with the idea of just ceasing to exist, it's kind of comforting.

• imamazed 20 Sep 2013 11:53:39 5,795 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cabbage is amazing, take that back. Fried with garlic and onion and smothered in aubergine pesto. God, I'm salivating...
  • disusedgenius 20 Sep 2013 11:54:16 5,431 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Cabbage is almost a pointless vegetable without bacon to add to it to make it good. Fuck cabbage.
    How very dare you. Pickled cabbage is great.
  • Deleted user 20 September 2013 12:02:29
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    Yep, this thread has articulated my feelings about spirituality. I find it comforting to think there is something beyond.
    I find it comforting to think that there isn't something beyond myself, I'm more than happy for my conciousness to fade away with the rest of my body. I am not absolutely sure this wont change when I'm older but for the moment I have no problem with the idea of just ceasing to exist, it's kind of comforting.
    Wonder if it's relative to contentment in life. Dunno, horses for courses I guess.
  • Mr_Sleep 20 Sep 2013 12:02:48 17,184 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    There are a couple of useful things to do with cabbage, red cabbage slow cooked with red wine is ace and I do like coleslaw...actually I do take it back, we get a veg box delivery every week and I think I'm just a bit jaded about cabbage. It has ruined a few lovely sauces because I felt like I had to put it in there to use it up.

• Mr_Sleep 20 Sep 2013 12:09:57 17,184 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Wonder if it's relative to contentment in life. Dunno, horses for courses I guess.
    There being a divine being or some kind of omnipresent force that looks after us or even an afterlife doesn't make much sense to me, because of that I'm content with the death of my body being the death of my conciousness. I don't really need anything after that and I am relatively content with my existence, although I could do with being less of an arsehole sometimes!

• Deleted user 20 September 2013 12:10:02
    yep coleslaw from Aldi.
  • Deleted user 20 September 2013 12:11:02
    Multi threaded conversation ftw.
  • Mr_Sleep 20 Sep 2013 12:13:59 17,184 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Cabbage to existentialist witterings pleases me :-)

• imamazed 20 Sep 2013 12:16:26 5,795 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    Might be a theoretical agnostic, but practically an atheist. If there is no proof for a god, there is no reason why you should be contemplating the question at all. It's not a question of saying there is no god, it's that the question is null and void anyway, unless evidence speaks otherwise.
    This x1000. There's this myth always put about that atheists "believe" there is no God and are 100% sure there isn't one. Not at all. The point is, there's no logical reason for anyone to think a God or Gods do exist; therefore "belief" is irrelevant. The question of a supreme being is irrelvant at best, but, in my opinion, hugely unhelpful.

Agnostics are open to believing in God; atheists do not even consider belief - there's no reason to.

I, personally, would feel comforted to know there's more than just this life, but there's no reason for me to think that there is.
  • Zomoniac 20 Sep 2013 12:26:14 7,854 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    A savoy cabbage ripped into small chunks, stir-fried in sesame oil to the point where it's slightly burned so it can be eaten like crisps is amazing. That was one of my better discoveries to come from accidentally burning things.
  • Grax 20 Sep 2013 12:27:22 2,296 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    The idea of there being something out there must be really comforting and I would love to have that belief but I don't.

I was having a discussion at work yesterday and this guy was saying that god would always provide for him because he prayed for it everyday. That must be so nice to have that belief to fall back on, I constantly shit myself that something is going to happen and I'm going to lose the flat/job/wife
  • Razz 20 Sep 2013 12:28:53 61,395 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I like that Chinese chilli cabbage also sometimes just sauteed in butter. MMMmmm... I think I know what I'm having for dinner now. Thanks SleepyHaggis

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• disusedgenius 20 Sep 2013 12:31:26 5,431 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    imamazed wrote:
    atheists do not even consider belief - there's no reason to.
    Just replace 'they believe' with 'they are of the opinion that' if it makes things easier for you.
  • Deckard1 20 Sep 2013 12:32:42 28,748 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I wonder if a cabbage has any kind of consciousness?
  • imamazed 20 Sep 2013 12:33:16 5,795 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    disusedgenius wrote:
    imamazed wrote:
    atheists do not even consider belief - there's no reason to.
    Just replace 'they believe' with 'they are of the opinion that' if it makes things easier for you.
    Care to expand? Not sure I get you. "They are of the opinion that there's probably no God". That better?
  • Zomoniac 20 Sep 2013 12:35:06 7,854 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    I wonder if a cabbage has any kind of consciousness?
    I like to think so. In my head it's crying out as the flaming oils engulf it.
  • Mr_Sleep 20 Sep 2013 12:39:20 17,184 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    I like that Chinese chilli cabbage also sometimes just sauteed in butter. MMMmmm... I think I know what I'm having for dinner now. Thanks SleepyHaggis
    My pleasure, why do I get the feeling that the conversation about cabbage is more important than the existential one ;-)

• Bremenacht 20 Sep 2013 12:43:32 18,738 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Lovely theory I once read was about the end of the universe (big freeze or whatever), and what we (humans) could do to escape it. Passing our energy and data to another universe might not be possible, but if we'd advanced enough, we may be able to create a universe ourselves, defining it with all the constants or equations and evolutions of matter that would enable human life (and everything that preceeded and and succeeded it) to eventually become again. We become gods. Which means it may have been humans that created us in the first place. Hurrah!
  • disusedgenius 20 Sep 2013 12:43:32 5,431 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    imamazed wrote:
    Care to expand? Not sure I get you. "They are of the opinion that there's probably no God". That better?
    I mean it's a rather pointless exercise to get hung up on the word 'believe/belief/whatever'.
  • Bremenacht 20 Sep 2013 12:44:33 18,738 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Also, most bacon is shit because it is cheap shit, pumped full of water. Decent quality bacon is decent, no matter what country you eat it in. I like my bacon with tomatoe.
  • chopsen 20 Sep 2013 12:48:21 16,126 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Beliefs are not the same as opinions. We are expected to respect people's beliefs.

Opinions are like arseholes, as the saying goes. Are we meant to respect arseholes? Nigel Farage is an arsehole. Are you saying we should respect UKIP, disusedgenius? Is that what you're saying?

You sicken me.
  • RyanDS 20 Sep 2013 12:51:30 9,586 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I hate the term atheist. If I am an atheist I also want to be called asantaclausist, acommunism-works-ist and arapmusicisgoodist.
  • disusedgenius 20 Sep 2013 12:53:29 5,431 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    Opinions are like arseholes, as the saying goes. Are we meant to respect arseholes? Nigel Farage is an arsehole. Are you saying we should respect UKIP, disusedgenius? Is that what you're saying?
    I dunno, what's their stance on pickled cabbage?
  • RyanDS 20 Sep 2013 12:55:05 9,586 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    Beliefs are not the same as opinions. We are expected to respect people's beliefs.

I respect people. I don't respect their beliefs. as an example my bother in law is muslim, and a lovely chap. I have a lot of respect for him and won't mention religion around him as I respect him and won't upset him. That doesn't stop me from thinking his religion is silly and not deserving of any respect.
  • Deckard1 20 Sep 2013 12:55:19 28,748 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You've got to respect your arsehole. Nothing worse than being over aggressive with the toilet paper. The next poo can be a terrifying experience.
  • RyanDS 20 Sep 2013 12:56:41 9,586 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Also, most bacon is shit because it is cheap shit, pumped full of water. Decent quality bacon is decent, no matter what country you eat it in. I like my bacon with tomatoe.
    Bacon is the USA is shit. It is overcooked cardboard. The UK is not much better as it is often salty and they cut off the best bit.

South african bacon is the best. UK bacon with the rind left on. What sort of deviant removes the rind from 99% of bacon you see in the shops in the UK.
  • Load_2.0 7 Oct 2013 22:43:47 19,445 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The movie Skyline is not awful.
  • Page

of 88 First / Last