whatls the best steering wheel?

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • wobbly_Bob 6 Sep 2009 16:31:27 1,898 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Seems a good time for racing games at the moment with Forza 3 and Need for Speed Shift coming out in the next couple of weeks, so I was thinking of taking the plunge and getting a steering wheel to play these games. What would be the best one to get? I was hoping for one with force feedback and gearstick/peddles. Recommendations please.
  • Psychotext 6 Sep 2009 17:00:11 55,032 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This one... but you may need to sell a kidney:

http://www.fanatec.de/html/index.php?id=250&lang=en
    http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_eu/index.php?cPath=21
  • wobbly_Bob 6 Sep 2009 21:10:34 1,898 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Whoa! Fek me! That's a damn sexy wheel, but I need my kidneys :-( thanks for the suggedtion. I could prob stretch to a hundred without selling any internal oegans, any suggestions pls? :-)
  • SomaticSense 6 Sep 2009 21:15:05 9,145 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Before anyone mentions the Offical MS wheel (I assume because you are interested in Forza 3 you've considered this), I'd like to point out that the build quality, at least for the launch version I've got, is appalling.

The force feedback loosened up to such a ridiculous amount and pedals now squeak so unbearably that I just can't use it anymore. It's fantastic up til then, but it only took a couple of weeks of solid use to become borderline unuseable.
  • wobbly_Bob 6 Sep 2009 21:26:17 1,898 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thanks this is just the kind of first hand advice I was looking for. Yeah I had seen this one, but now will scratch it off the list. Thx for the help!
  • FooAtari 6 Sep 2009 22:27:14 3,955 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yup, considering the cost (at launch at least) the official wheel is terrible. I'd rather use a pad over the official wheel. The Fanatec is the one to go for, better start saving :)
  • effinjamie 6 Sep 2009 23:13:28 907 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The wheel stand on that site is just what I've been after

PSN - effinjamie Xbox - effinjamie

• Page

of 1

Previous Next