Atari ST emulator

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • BTBAM 28 Aug 2009 13:18:23 1,590 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I couldn't find a thread for this, so apologies if it's a duplicate! But what's the best to use? Where to get ROMs? I've tried to install something like this before, think for the Megadrive, but I want to play all my old favourite games on my PC again, even for a few minutes.
  • Deleted user 28 August 2009 13:19:51
    STEEM I think is the best one and the The TOS roms are gettable through google. I got them not that long ago.
  • Retroid Moderator 28 Aug 2009 13:23:25 44,803 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    BTBAM wrote:
    Where to get ROMs?
    Bear in mind that you'd best be talking about the TOS ROMs there. If you're talking about Atari ST games, which came on disk and so therefore aren't ROMs and people who call all games for emulators 'ROM's regardless of whether they were dumped from ROM chips are idiots who deserve to be killed.

Look around for Pompey Pirates and Automation collections. Those disks should cover almost anything you'll want.
  • Deleted user 28 August 2009 13:27:01
    Also if you have a modded xbox there's an awesome disk called ST v Amiga something or other that has everything on it all pre configured.
  • BTBAM 28 Aug 2009 13:31:10 1,590 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    boabg wrote:
    Also if you have a modded xbox there's an awesome disk called ST v Amiga something or other that has everything on it all pre configured.

I do have that, I only use it for XBMC but I've completely fucked it when trying to update the skin. I've got an email from my auntie's boyfriend which has (very) detailed instruction on what to do next, it's just finding the motivation to sort it out. I have an hour till my mate comes round so I might try and do it before he arrives, but that's like doing something which requires concentration while needing to go for a piss. That program sounds great though, do you use it?

I've had a look at Steem, I'll probably go from there. Thanks for the tip Retroid, I'll be sure not to make that error again ;)

Bit of a n00b when it comes to stuff like this.
  • SpaceDave3000 28 Aug 2009 13:39:03 78,274 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'd probably got for an Amiga emulator if you're after games. Steem if you want ST rose tinted spec smashing. It's easily the best ST emulator.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Stickman 28 Aug 2009 13:44:41 29,666 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    BTBAM wrote:
    even for a few minutes.

Prepare for this.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• BTBAM 28 Aug 2009 13:46:02 1,590 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cheers guys. I just got Steem working, surprisingly quick and easy, used the beginners guide from the LGD site. I don't have a joystick, but it was just pretty cool to see that disgusting desktop again, and the loading screen for James Pond.

I'm gonna get a joystick and enjoy this :)
  • Sockbag 28 Aug 2009 19:48:07 83 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I don't know if it's ok/appropriate to post links, so if you're still looking for games, try googling "Medway Boys Atari ST"

Ahhhh those were the days ;)

• SpaceDave3000 28 Aug 2009 19:56:12 78,274 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    There's a pretty extensive array of places to get ST games from Steem's links page.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• TheSaint 28 Aug 2009 20:31:12 14,487 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That iso for the original xbox sounds awesome just a shame it's not being seeded any more.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next