• Page

of 31 First / Last

Next
  • quadfather 21 Jul 2014 17:38:17 12,151 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    JuanKerr wrote:
    billythekid wrote:
    This just made me get something in my eyes. Real sad but nice too.
    My dog is getting a special cuddle when I get home today.
    Christ, why did I click on that link? I'm blubbing like a baby now :'(
    +1

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• anephric 21 Jul 2014 17:56:08 203 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @cjb_bjc if you must, you can sometimes find Frenchie/Boston Terrier crosses on ePups that go for about half of what either pedigree goes for unsullied, but still have that squashed-face, pointy-eared look you desire.

Be warned, I've owned brachiocephalic (squashed-faced) dogs before, namely pugs, and they have no end of health issues.
  • Mekanik 22 Jul 2014 09:38:34 3,561 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    They look awesome, pics please.
    Ziggy (Husky) and Indy (Malamute)

Indy the Alaskan Malamute

Ziggy the Siberian Husky

• rivuzu 22 Jul 2014 09:43:49 1,875 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ziggy is gorgeous!and Indy too :D

Today is our first day leaving Dylan (our Husky) alone until we both get back from work. Bit nervous!
  • Dr.Haggard 22 Jul 2014 10:25:36 4,207 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Mekanik They're gorgeous!

Nell
  • Mekanik 23 Jul 2014 16:14:28 3,561 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    rivuzu wrote:
    Ziggy is gorgeous!and Indy too :D

Today is our first day leaving Dylan (our Husky) alone until we both get back from work. Bit nervous!
    How did you get on?

Ziggy used to go a bit mental when we left him alone. Started eating walls and stuff. Had to get a crate for a while for him when we were out but once we got Indy he calmed down a lot.

Even with loads of exercise they can still be a bit highly strung for the first year or so. After about 18 months Ziggy just chilled right out. Like a different dog almost.
  • rivuzu 23 Jul 2014 16:20:47 1,875 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Mekanik Well I still had a flat to go back to when I got in, but he'd obviously missed us because he was super affectionate. I don't like the idea of leaving him alone in the flat all day, but it's only for the summer (my missus is a full time uni student and works seasonal jobs over the summer). Already arranged for my sister to pop in during the day to say hello for half an hour or so. That way he's only alone for about 4 hours at a time tops.

He was good as gold though. No mess, no fuss. Did leave the TV on for him though - he watches it more than we do!
  • Salaman 23 Jul 2014 17:22:18 19,066 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Gorgeous dogs aplenty on this page!

The last post just reminds me why I'd be unsuitable as a dog owner though. I'm away far too often.
    I was in Lisbon from last Thursday until Monday, so my cat was on her own for 5 days. A neighbour popped in to check food and water on day 3. She's not bothered although happy to see me once I'm back.
  • Mekanik 23 Jul 2014 17:32:51 3,561 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @rivuzu Good stuff. Glad he was good.

5 hours is the absolute max we would ever leave our dogs alone for but thats more often only at night when they are relaxing anyways.
  • Armoured_Bear 23 Jul 2014 17:53:41 11,267 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Mekanik

Fantastic pics, if I were getting a dog I'd definitely look at a Malamute, they're beautiful.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Mekanik 23 Jul 2014 18:59:13 3,561 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear Thanks.

They are also incredibly people friendly too. To the stage its almost annoying. :)

Can be a bit of a handful with other dogs though, which is a shame.
  • Arrr9 7 Aug 2014 18:20:34 415 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/sixtieschris/media/IMG_0061_zps36985a3e.jpg.html

Hopefully I did that image posting right ! It's so good to have a dog around the flat again. This is Yoshi ( kept the name given by the breeder as we both liked it ) a 12 week old Boston terrier.

I've always wanted a bulldog, my girlfriend wanted a pug but thanks to some awesome friends of my gf's parents, this little guy was free.

Edited by Arrr9 at 18:22:28 07-08-2014
  • rivuzu 7 Aug 2014 19:56:32 1,875 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm fucking furious!

The girlfriend just got in from walking the dog, which went on for a little longer than normal, in tears. Absolute fucking tears.

Some complete windowlicking munter decided it was a great idea to come up to our dog, insist that his Dogmatic was cruel and let him out of it. He bolted across the road, and up and down an EXTREMELY busy seafront walkway where dogs are strictly to be kept on a lead. She then had people shouting at her that she's a bad owner for letting him off the lead, without realising it wasn't HER FUCKING FAULT.

For those who don't know, a Dogmatic is just another Halti collar, like below

The idea isn't that it muzzles the dog - far from it, they can still open their mouths freely (to an extent) but for dogs that pull a lot, it doesn't choke them but forces their noses down if they pull too hard. That's all.

But the person in the street acted like it was a fucking muzzle and accused the missus of being a bad dog owner. We love Dylan ffs, and he gets better treatment than we do most of the time! And to think they just came right up to him, out of the blue, and took it off for fucks sake.

I wish it were a muzzle, and I wish he was vicious, so that then it'd be a cue for Dylan to rip that cunts throat out.

FURIOUS.

Edit: Dylan in his Dogmatic

HARDLY FUCKING CRUEL, IS IT?!

Edited by rivuzu at 20:00:10 07-08-2014
  • Feanor 7 Aug 2014 19:59:34 14,166 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    A BT is a good compromise between a bulldog and a pug. Our pug Buster used to have a BT friend called Jojo.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d36/Cururfinwe/100_3891.jpg[/IMG]
  • Feanor 7 Aug 2014 20:03:06 14,166 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    rivuzu wrote:
    I'm fucking furious!

The girlfriend just got in from walking the dog, which went on for a little longer than normal, in tears. Absolute fucking tears.

Some complete windowlicking munter decided it was a great idea to come up to our dog, insist that his Dogmatic was cruel and let him out of it. He bolted across the road, and up and down an EXTREMELY busy seafront walkway where dogs are strictly to be kept on a lead. She then had people shouting at her that she's a bad owner for letting him off the lead, without realising it wasn't HER FUCKING FAULT.

The idea isn't that it muzzles the dog - far from it, they can still open their mouths freely (to an extent) but for dogs that pull a lot, it doesn't choke them but forces their noses down if they pull too hard. That's all.

But the person in the street acted like it was a fucking muzzle and accused the missus of being a bad dog owner. We love Dylan ffs, and he gets better treatment than we do most of the time! And to think they just came right up to him, out of the blue, and took it off for fucks sake.

I wish it were a muzzle, and I wish he was vicious, so that then it'd be a cue for Dylan to rip that cunts throat out.

FURIOUS.

That's unbelievable, despicable, deplorable, etc. I think I would start throwing punches if some guy came up to my dog and started messing with his harness.
  • Arrr9 7 Aug 2014 20:26:43 415 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That's nuts, can't believe someone thought it was ok just to let him off his harness like that. No wonder you're furious and your girlfriend is so upset. There are some proper fuckwits out there.

@Feanor that's exactly what we ended up with, a wee Boston terrier.
  • DiddlerDo 7 Aug 2014 20:42:21 1,858 posts
    Seen 3 seconds ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    rivuzu wrote:
    I'm fucking furious!

FURIOUS.

This makes me fucking sick to read this. What an absolute cunt. Hope she gets hit by a bus the utter spastic cunt. Our dog wore a halti for a while to help with the walking and to help my wife walk her as she can be bloody strong (we have her in a harness now). Glad they are okay.
  • Mekanik 7 Aug 2014 20:48:33 3,561 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What a wanker.

If someone took the halti off of Ziggy (above) he would fuck off and would take me hours to get him back (he goes hunting stuff - like the neighbouring farmers chickens in his chicken coup. Story for another day....)).

Mrs Mek requires the halti`s on both our dogs when she walks them because if a deer or rabbit or something runs in front of her the dogsreally pull as they want to eat it and its a struggle otherwise to keep them under control.

Some people just have no clue.
  • romelpotter 7 Aug 2014 20:59:49 148 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sad reading the posts above, its been a few years since I had a Dog, but last year I got a GSD. Naming her Sally, I have noticed that general public being very Anti-Dog. Sad, so much so that I am considering moving house to somewhere a lot more "Dog Friendly".

The above pic is Sally when she is trying to sneak up on me from within the bushes!

Edited by romelpotter at 21:00:42 07-08-2014

Edited by romelpotter at 21:01:04 07-08-2014

Edited by romelpotter at 21:01:54 07-08-2014
  • rivuzu 7 Aug 2014 21:19:54 1,875 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What's annoying is I think Dylan enjoyed the run around and being chased and came back in really high spirits.

The sod. Not his fault I know, but learn to read the mood!
  • Arrr9 7 Aug 2014 21:22:19 415 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sally looks like a brilliant dog - great picture of her. That's sad in itself though to read that folk where you live don't seem very dog friendly, I'm guessing it's not the UK ?
  • DrStrangelove 7 Aug 2014 23:56:38 3,986 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Not technically EG dogs, they're my mothers dogs, these pictures are a few years old from when I was still living there.

This is Emil, not long after we got him, in the vet's waiting room. I somehow like that photo. He was from a dog pound in Turkey, his owners decided to get rid of him when he was about one year old. He's a shaggy crossbreed with crooked teeth, long body and short legs, and lovely amber eyes. Some say he's ugly, I find him adorable.

When we got him, for months he didn't speak a word, didn't look at anyone, and growled at me. He was a bit afraid of men and still has a jumping away reflex when someone raises their hand, so I suspect he was being beaten in his earlier life. After some months he learned to love me and is very, very cuddly. When I sit on the couch, he always rests on one of my legs, and when he notices I'm about to stand up, he crawls onto both my legs to prevent me from doing so. Cute fella.

This is Banou, a Gro▀spitz (German "Large Spitz"), about nine weeks old, in her first night at her then new home.

Not sure from when this is, could be not long after, or one month later. She's a bit impetuous, her pointy nose shoots like rockets at your face when she's trying to greet you mad with joy. Doing so, she once knocked out a glass of my glasses. Emil hated her first, even snapping at her, which wasn't quite amusing when she was only two months old. She always liked him. But he learned to accept her and they became friends.

And finally, this is when she was about 8-10 months old.

Edited by DrStrangelove at 23:57:53 07-08-2014
  • Garlvinlandblueblood 18 Aug 2014 11:39:49 414 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just gave up my dog of 9yrs :-( My ex has taken her after we split and I know she'll be well looked after so I've decided to let her go.

This was the first weekend in a decade I was by myself in the flat, was so quiet. Miss her so badly but I guess it's for the best.

Now not sure what to do, when we first got her I had all the time in the world to look after and train her, so by the time I was working full-time she'd already adjusted. I don't know how working people can raise and look after a dog, and work 9-5, if I knew I'd love to adopt a dog but haven't figured that one out yet. Any tips on how to get over that first few months, or is it just not practical?
  • anephric 18 Aug 2014 11:48:30 203 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Both me and my missus work, but I do Mon-Fri regular 9-5ish and she does shifts (2pm-10ish) but also has random days off in the week so although the dogs are alone sometimes, at most it's for 3-4 hours and there's two of them, so they have each other for company. The lazy bastids just snooze when we're not there anyway, so it's not like they're too stressed.

If we both worked 9-5, or is was just me on my own, I wouldn't have them. They'd be alone too long.
  • the_milkybar_kid 18 Aug 2014 11:56:56 334 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    Molly and Archie, My In-Laws and My Mum and Dad's dogs, they're awesome. Molly's a Be-shit, Archie's a Scottie.

• Page

of 31 First / Last

Next