of 14 First / Last

• LockeTribal 12 Jun 2010 10:16:59 4,512 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    :-D lol, easily done.
  • Feanor 12 Jun 2010 12:31:26 14,148 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Amazon says it won't ship my order till July 12th cause I got free shipping when I pre-ordered, and I only pre-ordered to get the Junpei hat.
  • jkrodal 12 Jun 2010 19:14:43 155 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Still no word on EU release for this? Don't want to be raped by customs on import.
  • Deleted user 12 June 2010 20:48:08
    vgp.ca mark the package "toy game" and dvdboxoffice "gift", I've never gotten custom fees for orders under 100EUR. No idea how it is in other countries but I was under the impression most ignore the low value shipments.
  • Huntcjna 5 Jul 2010 12:52:02 13,875 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not long now until I have this shiny beauty in my hands. As a persona virgin I am most excitable.
  • INSOMANiAC 8 Jul 2010 17:06:54 3,829 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    lots of reviews out now and its leaped to the number 1 spot on Metacritic.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/psp/scores/

I started playing this on the PS2 and was really getting into it but decided to wait until the PSP version, now im a little disappointed and the graphics and the lack of cut scenes so I think Ill give it a miss and carry on with the PS2 version

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• Feanor 8 Jul 2010 17:35:47 14,148 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Play P3:FES on the PS2, and maybe play the PSP version as the girl later on.
  • INSOMANiAC 8 Jul 2010 17:38:05 3,829 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ive only got the bog standard edition of Persona 3, poor me !

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• thedaveeyres 8 Jul 2010 17:42:27 10,924 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Huntcjna wrote:
    Not long now until I have this shiny beauty in my hands. As a persona virgin I am most excitable.

I too am about to have my first Persona experience. I hope it's gentle with me...

Bought myself a shiny new PSP 3000 (50 quid net spend after flogging my launch 1000 and a tonne of ancient games) for this and Valkyria Chronicles in a couple of months, so it had better be good. :p

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• Feanor 8 Jul 2010 17:42:52 14,148 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I bought FES, but I only played The Answer (which took me 40 hours).

I wasn't up for playing the main game again. Until now with P3P.
  • HiddenAway 8 Jul 2010 18:19:35 14,877 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    To those getting this, enjoy - you lucky swines :p

/already completed Persona 3 PS2

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• trav 8 Jul 2010 18:49:19 930 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Downloaded from the US PSN and now it's sitting there. Waiting to played on a long train journey.
  • FabricatedLunatic 8 Jul 2010 19:00:44 13,001 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The prospect of playing Persona 3 with full party control is tempting, but there's no way I can buy the game a third time. Surely not. No way.

/twitches
  • Hunam 8 Jul 2010 19:06:21 20,674 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I did. With the Junpei hat. Fucking win.

Shame my PSP is bust. Anyone got a cheap one to sell?
  • trav 8 Jul 2010 19:21:54 930 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hunam wrote:
    I did. With the Junpei hat. Fucking win.

Shame my PSP is bust. Anyone got a cheap one to sell?

I might do. Have to check to see what it's like. It's a 1000 series one from back in the day.
  • Feanor 8 Jul 2010 19:52:51 14,148 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    FabricatedLunatic wrote:
    The prospect of playing Persona 3 with full party control is tempting, but there's no way I can buy the game a third time. Surely not. No way.

/twitches

I did. \o/

The new female MC makes it worth playing again... I assume. Amazon won't deliver my copy till next week.
  • Deleted user 8 July 2010 20:05:25
    FK, I was 100% that I had pre ordered it back in April, only to see that I was wrong. Good thing I checked now. Ordered it now, shipping within 24h.
  • Turbotim3 10 Jul 2010 03:23:59 14 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    "Not long now until I have this shiny beauty in my hands. As a persona virgin I am most excitable."

I just bought this game today and I have never had a game get into my head like this. I highly reccomend it
  • Opti 10 Jul 2010 11:09:38 64 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    trav wrote:
    Downloaded from the US PSN and now it's sitting there. Waiting to played on a long train journey.

Hi trav

How did you manage to d/l from the US PSN store (I'm assuming you are not American to begin with!).

I am desperate to play this and just created a US a/c for the first time. That was easy enough but I cannot add funds with my UK credit card details.

How have you gone about this or did you have PSN card code to redeem? If the second option, do all PSN cards work or do you need to buy US one?

Any advice appreciated. Have been scouring net all morning and tried all sorts of ways to get money into my US a/c but not got anywhere.

Opti
  • HiddenAway 10 Jul 2010 11:39:09 14,877 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think they still send them via e-mail

• Opti 10 Jul 2010 13:45:13 64 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thanks for that.

Looks good except they restrict new customers to one 20 dollar card which isn't enough to buy the game.

Damn!

Opti
  • Feanor 10 Jul 2010 14:58:14 14,148 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The box from Amazon was at my front door when I got home Friday night. I'm playing as the girl (named Minako Arisato) on Hard, and am about an hour in.

The anime cutscenes from Persona 3 on the PS2 are worth watching as you go along if you're playing Persona 3 for the first time on the PSP.

This user has uploaded all 27 movies from P3, but unfortunately he hasn't put them in a playlist. So just scroll down to "Persona 3 Movie 0 - Opening" without looking too closely at the later movies. Then you can go up the list of movies as you go along, and watch them on this user's main page so there won't be any comments to spoil anything.

http://il.youtube.com/user/Takeshi1589#p/u

[B]4/21/2009 - watch up to Persona 3 Movie 7.[/B]
  • Hunam 12 Jul 2010 19:56:49 20,674 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mine turned up today, sans hat ;_; Got the PSP to work though. A bunch of dead pixels and I really had to jerry right the disc tray but it's working and I tested it out on Killzone and it's not eating UMD's, so it's all safe for me :)

Now trying to think of a name for teh womanz. Might go for a Japanese name as Feanor did (though I see what you did there :p), but not quite sure what though. Naming stuff is hard work.

Going for hard this time too.

I've still not beat 4 though, or Persona Portable... but P3 was made of far too much win to pass this up.
  • Deleted user 12 July 2010 20:06:45
    Mine was shipped today. Here by end of this week? Can't wait!
  • Feanor 12 Jul 2010 20:21:40 14,148 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Definitely try to finish P4, Hunam. Maybe try playing both games at the same time. :)

I really like the new female teacher and the new S.Link girls they added for the female protagonist. But going on outings/dates with Junpei is creepy.
  • Tubes 13 Jul 2010 20:35:21 47 posts
    Seen 2 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Opti

If you don't mind creating a canadian PSN account, you can buy a $50 canadian psn card from Videogames Plus PSN Card which costs about 31 and they will email you the code.

I got my code within 24 hours and I highly recommend them.

PS I used Alberta as the canadian address as I think they have the lowest sales tax.
  • Huntcjna 13 Jul 2010 22:41:10 13,875 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My copy of this arrived yesterday and I have put some time into it over the last couple of days. So far I think its fantastic having never played P3 or P3FES I am not missing the cut scenes.

I love the battle engine and the first time I saw a persona summoned I was grinning from ear to ear. Quick question from a newbie, should I be doing as many levels in Tartarus as possible until my team fatigue? I was getting advice from the SEES leader lady telling me to be careful and not do too much etc.. but no one is tired on their status screen? Also dp I level a persona to farm all its skill cards before I consider fusions? Apologies if these questions are simple I just didn't want to wander into the old PS2 threads incase I spoiled something.

Big props to videogamesplus too delivery from Canada to my door in six days is amazing.
  • INSOMANiAC 13 Jul 2010 22:43:29 3,829 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The cut scenes really make the game for me on PES3 on PS2 thats why I dont think Ill bother with this, shame, Id quite like a pocket version !

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• HiddenAway 14 Jul 2010 12:07:27 14,877 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Huntcjna wrote:
    My copy of this arrived yesterday and I have put some time into it over the last couple of days. So far I think its fantastic having never played P3 or P3FES I am not missing the cut scenes.

I love the battle engine and the first time I saw a persona summoned I was grinning from ear to ear. Quick question from a newbie, should I be doing as many levels in Tartarus as possible until my team fatigue? I was getting advice from the SEES leader lady telling me to be careful and not do too much etc.. but no one is tired on their status screen? Also dp I level a persona to farm all its skill cards before I consider fusions? Apologies if these questions are simple I just didn't want to wander into the old PS2 threads incase I spoiled something.

Big props to videogamesplus too delivery from Canada to my door in six days is amazing.

Fatigue wise, you should aim for a checkpoint (after a certain number of floors) and that should open the elevator at the bottom for quick warping. Don't overdo it though.

(Based on P3 PS2)

• Cheapshot 15 Jul 2010 13:24:55 162 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just thought I'd chip in and say this game is EXCELLENT! All of the new gameplay tweaks and the tweaks lifted from Persona 4, the massive amount of new content and the god-damn portability of it all is great and enough to tide me over until P5 for sure! I thought vanilla Persona 3 was a tad repetitive, but Portable is as worryingly addictive as Persona 4, maybe more-so, which is just sickening!

Playing as a female MC is way more enjoyable than I was expecting (what can I say, Junpei is a real stud-muffin...!), it really shows the story and characters in a whole new light. There's excessive amounts of new social links, dialogue and voice-acting, things to do around town/at school and loads of other stuff - they really didn't skimp on her.

The pre-rendered backgrounds for the adventure bits hasn't hurt the game like I thought would be the case, the backdrops look nice and detailed, I can't say I'm missing the polygons at all, the quick-travel option from Persona 4 is a godsend too!

The lack of animated cutscenes bar the catchy new intro is a bit of a downer but there were few animated cutscenes in vanilla P3 anyway, the scenes that used FMV work well in-engine with the new voice work and gives the game a better sense of visual continuity at least, and you can always check out the few cutscenes of the PS2 version on Youtube if it's a big hubbub. DID I MENTION THIS GAME IS F**KING AWESOME!? Any Persona fan unsure should take a note and pick this game up - it's like a brand new game and the best version of Persona 3 without a doubt!

• Page

of 14 First / Last