Persona 3 Portable Page 13

• Page

of 13 First / Last

Next
  • mikew1985 10 Apr 2012 13:39:40 12,039 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cheapshot wrote:
    Persona 4 has characters that I cared about; Persona 3's anime caricatures, not so much.

Persona 4 also has the much stronger plot. All in my not so humble opinion of course.
    Isn't Persona 4 coming to Vita soon, I think I'll be on board for that day one as I missed it first time around.
  • munki83 18 Apr 2012 10:59:10 1,331 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Think I will be getting a PSPV for persona 4 when it comes out. I've started playing 3 again. Any tips on grinding levels I could do with getting some of my party member above level 40 now that I'm on the 4th block
  • Murbal 18 Apr 2012 11:02:19 21,542 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Why Is Mitsuru So Hot? (And Other Burning Persona 3 Questions):

http://bit.ly/HPZA47
  • Zizoo 18 Apr 2012 11:07:04 7,687 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Murbal

Are there spoilers in that article?
  • Murbal 18 Apr 2012 11:15:12 21,542 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not really, no. I've not finished the game - in fact I now have to start it again - and nothing untoward comes up in the article. Other than I'm in full agreement about Mitsuru ;-)
  • santashi 18 Apr 2012 11:16:41 4,928 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Quite a funny article.

And Mitsuru is hot. I do get a giggle from chatting to her stalker in the corridor. On a somewhat off-topic note Mitsuru also has a pretty nice outfit in the upcoming Arena fighting game, in my opinion.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Zizoo 18 Apr 2012 11:22:26 7,687 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I am working on my academics to get her attention, but not up to scratch yet!

@santashi

Arena fighting game?
  • santashi 18 Apr 2012 11:26:54 4,928 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @ZizouFC Haha, I'm doing that too in my current playthrough.

There's a 2D fighting game called Persona 4 the Arena that is going to be released for the Xbox 360 and PS3 that contains some Persona 3 characters. It has been announced for localisation in the US so PS3 owners can always import it if it doesn't get released over here.

Don't look at any discussions on it though as I've noticed people are quite free with their spoilers about both P3 and P4 in their comments!

• Zizoo 18 Apr 2012 11:31:38 7,687 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Who did you choose in your previous playthrough(s)? Or were you a playa. I have a soft spot for the Kendo team manager. But Mitsuru is hot :-P

Oh that sounds awesome. I will definitely get that and Persona 4.

I skimmed the article but will skip the comments. Thanks!
  • santashi 18 Apr 2012 11:53:06 4,928 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It's a bit different this time for me as I'm playing as the female main character for the first time (actually I did get halfway through with her before but forgot the US and UK save files weren't compatible). I'm curious to see how the social links work out as a girl. :D

The Arena game is up for preorder on videogamesplus but not Planet Axel yet (or at least it wasn't yesterday!).

• TheMightyRose 18 Apr 2012 15:35:52 174 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Mitsuru is hot all right. I like strict and powerful girls. Franca in Valkyrie chronicles II is another strict and hot babe (Nichol! Not a speck of dust do you hear!)and these kinds of girls really float the boat of The Mighty Rose!
  • Zizoo 18 Jul 2012 09:05:29 7,687 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @santashi

I started playing this again recently after a couple of months break. I have just finished going on vacation at Mitsuru's dad's house.

Quick question regarding the lost. I was told that there were lost on floor 58 to 60 something, and because I was already on floor 67, I wasn't in the mood to go from floor 1 (I realize now that there are shortcuts on various floors), so I left it for a while.

Eventually I went looking and they aren't there! I read up that there are some important lost (S-Links) later that I musn't miss... So how long do I have to go rescue them once I am informed by Elizabeth?

Also, do I not get an indicator of any sort that I failed to save them?

Edited by ZizouFC at 11:09:06 18-07-2012
  • Kay 18 Jul 2012 11:13:11 17,391 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm not far into the game myself (just before the summer vacation bit), but it seems that you've only got until the next full moon to rescue NPCs, otherwise they're gone forever. It's completely optional, I think (like Elizabeth's quests), so no need to worry too much if you've missed a couple. You'll just have to live with the fact that you let some innocent people die a horrible death in Tartarus, because you were too busy chatting up girls and hanging out with friends to bother trying to rescue them.
  • Zizoo 18 Jul 2012 11:21:52 7,687 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Kay

I was on vacation with my homie, Junpei! :-P

But, thanks. I want to do as much as possible and (not that big of a spoiler, and pretty useful) as I said in my previous post - 2 of the lost are possible S-Links that can be missed completely if you don't save them.
  • OmniaVincitAmor 23 Jan 2013 18:28:21 1,514 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Anyone played the female storyline? Is it much different from the original route?

Defeat is not getting knocked down, but refusing to get back up.

• Aretak 23 Jan 2013 18:41:00 10,329 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    A lot of the Social Links are different. Obviously she can't date the girls, but gets some new ones with a few of the guys. Others play out a bit differently too. The main story is pretty much identical though. They even forgot to replace a few lines of dialogue where you're referred to as "he" or "him".

/edit/ Incidentally, I started playing FES again a couple of days ago. I'd forgotten just how awful the menus, tiredness system and lack of control over the whole party are. It's borderline-unplayable after playing this and Persona 4.

Edited by Aretak at 18:43:13 23-01-2013
  • Deleted user 26 January 2013 17:09:58
    how... do social links actually work? what do they do?

can I complete P3P between now and P4's release in feb? I'm 10 hours in

Edited by cozeny at 17:11:57 26-01-2013
  • Aretak 26 Jan 2013 17:27:51 10,329 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Social Links provide bonus XP when you fuse personas. Each SL corresponds to a type of persona (Chariot, Hermit, Magician, etc.), so the level of the matching link determines how much of a bonus you get when you create a persona of that type. Each SL has ten levels, and you level them up by spending time with the person(s) involved in them. The online game you can play in your room develops the Hermit link for example.

You can see what days the people are available from the SL option in the menu. However, it's not feasible to max them all out in one playthrough without a guide. In addition, you occasionally need certain stats (Charm, Academics or Courage) to either start a SL, or advance it beyond a certain level. Some are even more difficult to max because of that.

As for finishing it, it's a pretty long game. You're probably looking at 60-70 hours for a first run through.
  • OmniaVincitAmor 26 Jan 2013 17:29:21 1,514 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    cozeny wrote:
    how... do social links actually work? what do they do?

can I complete P3P between now and P4's release in feb? I'm 10 hours in
    They essentially give you a better bonus when fusing personas making them level up a lot more than if you had no social link at all. Worth doing, my 10 social link personas are monsters.
    40 hours in and still going, thought I was nearly done but I guess not :)

• andytheadequate 26 Jan 2013 17:35:18 7,949 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm about 60 hours in and this game is brilliant. Just a shame there is so much grinding though.

Mitsura is hot, but yukari is who I'm aiming for

Oh, and I got the kendo team manager social link to level 10...

And you can have control over the whole party, just set them to direct control in the tactics menu. I only bother on boss fights though
  • OmniaVincitAmor 26 Jan 2013 17:41:06 1,514 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    I'm about 60 hours in and this game is brilliant. Just a shame there is so much grinding though.

Mitsura is hot, but yukari is who I'm aiming for

Oh, and I got the kendo team manager social link to level 10...

And you can have control over the whole party, just set them to direct control in the tactics menu. I only bother on boss fights though
    Yukari needs max charm to become more than friends. Quickest way is the arcade. The print club game for 1500 yen gives  a massive charm boost.
    Mitsura is academic based. Study lots.

• andytheadequate 26 Jan 2013 17:46:03 7,949 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Indeed. The strip mall restaurants are a good way to increase them too, and cheaper.

I'm on level 7 social link for yukari. Apparently you need to be best in year on the exams for mitsura to take an interest...
  • OmniaVincitAmor 26 Jan 2013 17:49:26 1,514 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I also got 10 with that sports teacher chick. She loves me apparently. Things may get messy.

• Deleted user 26 January 2013 20:55:07
    thanks, aretak/omni

I thought the french dude was a chick at first and wanted to bang him

Edited by cozeny at 20:55:42 26-01-2013
  • andytheadequate 26 Jan 2013 21:07:08 7,949 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    cozeny wrote:
    thanks, aretak/omni

Weirdo...

...although I have to admit I thought it was a hot woman too :(

Yukari social link up to 9 now, she warned me off fuuka. Only a matter of time now.
  • OmniaVincitAmor 1 Feb 2013 08:37:36 1,514 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Finally done. Epic hour and a half final battle. Ended up with true ending and mitsura level 10. Anazing game.  Just need a little break before starting 4. About 60 hours long for me.

• Zizoo 1 Feb 2013 08:43:40 7,687 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    cozeny wrote:
    thanks, aretak/omni

Bebe is beautiful!
  • wizardofoz85 6 Mar 2013 03:20:05 299 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    wait, I didn't realize that the protagonist dies at the end of this?! I was just reading some wiki stuff as I've pretty much finished p4 golden and read it there.
    I just assumed that he was sleeping at the end of the game.

A quick watch of the ending on Youtube from FES makes me want to pull out my PS2 version for the character models that were left out on p3p. They really do seem to make a difference.
  • RyanDS 22 Mar 2014 16:17:50 8,694 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What is is with JRPGs and random boss fights without warning? Just lost another forty minutes play as suddenly mid month a boss fight started and I chose the wrong characters to fight it with.
  • Page

of 13 First / Last

Next