Persona 3 Portable Page 12

• Page

of 14 First / Last

• andywilkie35 20 Aug 2011 11:58:50 5,338 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ghostlight_ross wrote:
    andywilkie35 wrote:
    Any chance of there being a way to get a free download if we already own it?

I got about 25 hours in and my PSP no longer reads UMDs :(
    Hmmm. I don't think its something we can do as a regualr thing but if you email me your order details to ross.brierley at ghostlightdotukdotcom I'll see what I can do. No promises though and even if I can get you a code we won't get any until around the 7th september and I won't be around to send it out until about a week after that. But I'll try.
    Cheers Ross, appreciate the effort. I'm not taking the piss or anything btw, it genuinely has stopped reading UMDs completely

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• Kay 14 Sep 2011 16:32:29 17,972 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    After months of waiting for the PSN version of this, I've now decided I'd much rather have the nice Collector's Edition retail version of the game. Cheapest price is currently under £23 at Shopto, but there's no mention of it being the CE. I know a few months back Ghostlight mentioned that there was no standard retail version, but I just wanted to make sure if this was still the case before I order - can anyone confirm?
  • ghostlight_ross 14 Sep 2011 17:01:16 138 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    After months of waiting for the PSN version of this, I've now decided I'd much rather have the nice Collector's Edition retail version of the game. Cheapest price is currently under £23 at Shopto, but there's no mention of it being the CE. I know a few months back Ghostlight mentioned that there was no standard retail version, but I just wanted to make sure if this was still the case before I order - can anyone confirm?

There is indeed no Standard Retail version of the game.
  • munki83 19 Sep 2011 19:32:02 1,457 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Post deleted
  • sailesh 17 Feb 2012 15:51:50 591 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    An extremely noobish question here.

Would it be best to get P3P as a download right now... incase I decide to purchase a Vita? Totally out of the loop and unsure about whether saves and stuff would transfer seamlessly or not?! Also whether the game would even play on the Vita... ?

Also, P3P is a good version of the game right? I figure get this now whilst waiting for P4 The Golden to appear (I have P4 on the PS2 bit didn't get through much and figured, seeing as the animé has got me interested again, I'd just wait it out for The Golden...). Yea... waffle waffle.

Work http://www.sailesh-online.com | Play http://saileshcreates.tumblr.com

• andywilkie35 17 Feb 2012 16:00:14 5,338 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    As someone who has played both, the portable version is outstanding so definitely recommended.

I'm 99% sure it works on Vita too, definitely worth finding official confirmation but i'm sure I saw a list of compatible games and it was on there.

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• sailesh 17 Feb 2012 16:40:51 591 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @andywilkie35 Cheers, well I've found it for £18 so I'll just get the UMD version.

Work http://www.sailesh-online.com | Play http://saileshcreates.tumblr.com

• Ziz0u 2 Apr 2012 12:20:28 8,648 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm about 9 hours in and absolutely loving it. A couple of questions though..

I'm in June and have finished the first block of the tower. I have about 4 social links on level 3. Does this sound right?

I'm a bit worried about not being able to complete the game in time, although I have been caning it. Is it possible to not reach the top of the tower?

Should I concentrate on certain social links or is it possible to max out a couple?

My current Persona is Strength based so I'm spending most of my time with the Kendo team manager... even though I'm not that keen on her. Hoping I can juggle her and another gal ;)
  • HiddenAway 2 Apr 2012 13:11:40 15,000 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    I'm about 9 hours in and absolutely loving it. A couple of questions though..

I'm in June and have finished the first block of the tower. I have about 4 social links on level 3. Does this sound right?

I'm a bit worried about not being able to complete the game in time, although I have been caning it. Is it possible to not reach the top of the tower?

Should I concentrate on certain social links or is it possible to max out a couple?

My current Persona is Strength based so I'm spending most of my time with the Kendo team manager... even though I'm not that keen on her. Hoping I can juggle her and another gal ;)
    You should be aiming to reach the Tartarus barrier each month (i.e. the point where your outside member tells you that it's not possible to go any further for a while - or a single room with a blocked staircase).

Don't worry about maxing out all your social links in your first playthrough. Unless you manage your time exceptionally well or use a guide, it's nigh on impossible.

(on dating - spoilered just in case)

While I'm at it, you can date more than one girl (or boy if you're using the female MC) but take care when the link level goes above 5 or 6 and concentrate on maxing that one link (dating wise).

As much as I can remember, you're doing fine.

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Ziz0u 2 Apr 2012 13:31:57 8,648 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Hiddenaway

I hit a barrier a while ago, but haven't hit one since. I did spend quite a few evenings studying for exams so I could very well be falling behind.

It seems impossible to max out even one the way time is progessing, but I'm sure it will all work out.

Thanks again :)

Edited by ZizouFC at 13:35:59 02-04-2012
  • HiddenAway 2 Apr 2012 13:57:22 15,000 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    @Hiddenaway

I hit a barrier a while ago, but haven't hit one since. I did spend quite a few evenings studying for exams so I could very well be falling behind.

It seems impossible to max out even one the way time is progessing, but I'm sure it will all work out.

Thanks again :)
    Don't worry about falling behind at the exam period. That's completely normal ;). On my second run in P3, I managed to reach each checkpoint at within at least 2 trips.

Actually, that's probably better advice. Main aim each month is to reach the big barrier but the checkpoints along the way (with the bosses nearby) should be the aim for each night.

• Ziz0u 2 Apr 2012 14:11:05 8,648 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ok, cool. I'm playing on hard and getting destroyed by certain shadows, and that's made me stop doing more than one floor some nights. I know I should be doing more at a time, and I shall :-) Will approach it the way you have suggested.
  • Ziz0u 3 Apr 2012 18:11:21 8,648 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I made my way to the second barrier the night before the 2nd full moon and now have Fuuka (love that name).

Only about 15 hours in, but already hoping it's true that the game can last 70+ hours :)

One thing that freaked me out was being hunted by Death in Tartarus. What's up with that?? :eek: I know what brought it on, and hoping I can eventually be powerful enough to win the fight...
  • santashi 3 Apr 2012 19:55:11 5,167 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It's the sound effects that accompany it that scare me and get me running frantically for the stairs. Always seems to appear quicker on floors with nice loot, too. :D

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Ziz0u 4 Apr 2012 13:39:26 8,648 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Definitely. I just look away from the cards now if the symbol appears!

Did about 8 floors last night and defeated the guardian. Pretty happy with my progress now. My S.Links are coming along nicely as well :)

Is it possible to stick to one Persona through the whole game? The one I have now is only level 18, but it has good attacks and is getting stronger all the time. I have a couple of skil cards to use after having unlocked the antique store, but I'm worried using them all on my current Persona would be a waste if I do need to move on every time I discover or create a new Persona.

I suppose sticking to one Persona sort of makes the S.Links pointless as well.
  • TheMightyRose 4 Apr 2012 15:52:41 174 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Sup. Tim Rose here. You know Tim Rose. AKA The Mighty Rose. Yes THE Mighty Rose! Hey guys.

I have a vita but I have hardly touched it since finishing Uncharted. I have this on my ps2 and was wondering is it worth buying for the psp? I am currently trying to finish Valkyrie Chronicles II but it is taking me forever to get the specific credits and unlock all the character potentials. Can I get a hells no! Great game though and I especially like the little voices each character has. I was waiting for VCIII and Yakuza on my psp. Alas they look like they have been banished to the ethel.

Coming soon Tim Rose will share some of his erotic writing with the good people of Eurogamer. "The Mighty Rose and the sexy office lady" coming soon!

Miniature rhubarb Ombudsman is back!
  • HiddenAway 4 Apr 2012 21:28:47 15,000 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Is it possible to stick to one Persona through the whole game? The one I have now is only level 18, but it has good attacks and is getting stronger all the time.
    There's a way to create a persona that covers most bases but you probably won't be able to get there for a while and involves a lot of fusion. The key point about Persona 3 is that you're the only one who can switch personas and alter the run of play more effectively.

• dominalien 4 Apr 2012 22:18:58 7,072 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @TheMightyRose

You got one e too many and one r too few. To the ignore list you go anyway.

PSN: DonOsito

• SilentTristero 5 Apr 2012 23:59:39 299 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I keep looking out for this in stores and on sites, but I never see it. The one used copy I've seen looked like it had been deployed as an emergency ash tray.

Won't be getting a digital copy, I crave that packaging.
  • Kay 6 Apr 2012 00:02:37 17,972 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    In stock for around £24 inc. delivery:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shin-Megami-Tensei-Persona-Portable/dp/B00356GVRW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1333666899&sr=8-2
  • HiddenAway 6 Apr 2012 00:06:18 15,000 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You can also buy direct from Ghostlight - though it's slightly more expensive

• SilentTristero 6 Apr 2012 00:16:33 299 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    They both appear to be regular editions; I'd have to hold out for a CE if I'm paying £20-30.
  • Kay 6 Apr 2012 00:18:59 17,972 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pretty sure Ghostlight confirmed that all retail versions of the game are the CE.

Edit: In fact on this very page!

ghostlight_ross wrote:
    Kay wrote:
    There is indeed no Standard Retail version of the game.
    Edited by Kay at 00:21:30 06-04-2012
  • HiddenAway 6 Apr 2012 00:32:21 15,000 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    Pretty sure Ghostlight confirmed that all retail versions of the game are the CE.
    All versions are now the standard editions - though I can't find the confirmation on it. I might have to ask the team about it...

EDIT:

Found a collectors Edition though!

Edited by HiddenAway at 00:34:52 06-04-2012

• Kay 6 Apr 2012 00:35:46 17,972 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Of course, the Ghostlight page even says "standard edition". D'oh.

Ebay will probably be the best bet for the CE, then...

Edit: While I'm here, I might as well ask. Still haven't got round to playing this - is it still worth getting, or am I better off waiting for the P4 port on Vita? Which is the better game?

Edited by Kay at 00:37:50 06-04-2012
  • SilentTristero 6 Apr 2012 00:36:24 299 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I thought so too, but the Ghostlight one specifically refers to it as a 'Standard Edition'.

I may have to settle for that eventually.

Edit: Nice find on Play, pretty sure that wasn't there a short while ago...

Edited by SilentTristero at 00:37:55 06-04-2012
  • HiddenAway 6 Apr 2012 00:41:22 15,000 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    Edit: While I'm here, I might as well ask. Still haven't got round to playing this - is it still worth getting, or am I better off waiting for the P4 port on Vita? Which is the better game?
    That's like asking an FF fan which game is the best!

Both games have their own strengths and weaknesses. P4 just about edges it but I'd wholeheartedly recommend both.

• Cheapshot 6 Apr 2012 09:47:00 162 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Persona 4 has characters that I cared about; Persona 3's anime caricatures, not so much.

Persona 4 also has the much stronger plot. All in my not so humble opinion of course.
  • Cheapshot 6 Apr 2012 09:50:38 162 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted
  • ghostlight_ross 10 Apr 2012 12:48:18 138 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    The original print run was all collector's editions howver we've now sold out of those and later print runs have been standard editions.
  • Page

of 14 First / Last