Persona 3 Portable Page 11

• Page

of 13 First / Last

• HiddenAway 10 May 2011 13:22:57 14,789 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    andywilkie35 wrote:
    I'm not 100% sure and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can see every social link etc on a single playthrough, so yeah no need to worry if you miss things!

Not on the first one anyway. Mainly because you have all those stats to upgrade as well (Charm, Courage, Academics). If you max the stats out on your first play, you'll have all the time in the game to max out the social links if you continue on with a second playthrough (unless you play at the hardest setting).

You'd have to follow a very strict guide to do everything in one playthorugh - if it's even achievable.

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• andywilkie35 10 May 2011 13:35:22 5,338 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah that's what I thought. Hope the girl's stats carry over if I start a male playthrough on my second :)

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• HiddenAway 10 May 2011 13:38:46 14,789 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    andywilkie35 wrote:
    Yeah that's what I thought. Hope the girl's stats carry over if I start a male playthrough on my second :)

I believe that is the case though if any of the Ghostlight team are here, care to clarify? :p

• GassyHaggis 11 May 2011 08:31:49 19 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Think I may have made a mistake. Started on Beginner (not easy, beginner, doh!) and last night on my first visit to Tartarus I'm nearly on floor 15 still going strong and my condition has not dropped below Good. I'm thinking this might be too easy at the moment.

Four or five hours in, I'm considering starting again on a higher difficulty. Thoughts guys?

Loving it so far. Don't think I even got to the third floor when I tried it on PS2. Got my backside handed to me then hence reducing the difficulty so drastically now.
  • michaelius 11 May 2011 09:37:08 809 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Normal was quite easy in PS2 version and should be even easier here with full control on party.

Ehh but for god's sake I hate our post office thehut sent me game on 29th and it's still not here (and as a side note someone stolen my Atelier PS3 somewhere on the way).
  • HiddenAway 11 May 2011 09:37:27 14,789 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    GassyHaggis wrote:
    Think I may have made a mistake. Started on Beginner (not easy, beginner, doh!) and last night on my first visit to Tartarus I'm nearly on floor 15 still going strong and my condition has not dropped below Good. I'm thinking this might be too easy at the moment.

Four or five hours in, I'm considering starting again on a higher difficulty. Thoughts guys?

Loving it so far. Don't think I even got to the third floor when I tried it on PS2. Got my backside handed to me then hence reducing the difficulty so drastically now.

I believe (and I'm not entirely sure) that you only get Tired "after" you leave Tartarus and not after some battle during the run in previous versions. Your comrades do tell you they're tired as you're walking around Tartarus but their status remains good/great until you leave. I can't tell if this is a bug or not.

Also, Beginner just gives you extra chances to reload from your point in the tower I think. If you're going to restart, I'd do so now :p.

• GassyHaggis 11 May 2011 15:50:07 19 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yup, that was it. Left Tartarus and the condition drops. Odd, I thought it would have changed whilst in Tartarus. Think I'll just keep going. I like the easy ride.
  • michaelius 11 May 2011 20:02:26 809 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    They changed it for portable version.

And good news when i returned home after complaining it still haven't arrived guess what was waiting in my mail box :)

Ghostlight did nice work on CE.
  • Deleted user 19 May 2011 10:17:16
    Can't say I'm liking the pointer controls for exploring the town, but other than that it's all good so far. Nice to be able to issue ally commands directly.
  • consignia 19 May 2011 10:34:20 1,433 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, I'm really into this now, just got Aigis added to the party and maxed out the Health committee and Tennis club links. Other links are being somewhat neglected though, but now I'm free to work on them.

One thing that's really irritating me is the voice work though. The first members of the party up to Mitsuru aren't bad in fact I quite like a couple of them, but nearly everyone else is awful. I'm not too fussed about the minor characters, but Fuuka is the worst offender. And she's the permeant support, so you can't get escape her nails on blackboard.
  • andywilkie35 19 May 2011 10:41:27 5,338 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    consignia wrote:
    Yeah, I'm really into this now, just got Aigis added to the party and maxed out the Health committee and Tennis club links. Other links are being somewhat neglected though, but now I'm free to work on them.

One thing that's really irritating me is the voice work though. The first members of the party up to Mitsuru aren't bad in fact I quite like a couple of them, but nearly everyone else is awful. I'm not too fussed about the minor characters, but Fuuka is the worst offender. And she's the permeant support, so you can't get escape her nails on blackboard.

If there's the option, I always turn off voices when I play JRPGs. Turned them off for Persona 3 and 4 and even though everyone insists the voice acting is superb, I just turn them off because I prefer reading what they say. Just how I've always been with the games, ever since FF7 (the first JRPG I played), to me JRPGs should never be voiced.

Tried playing a bit of P3P with the voices on but just fucked me off immediately so off they went!

• HiddenAway 19 May 2011 12:29:19 14,789 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    consignia wrote:

You caught up quick. I've just passed another Full Moon myself. Hoping to play a bit tonight :)

/with the swimsuit squad

• staal2005 19 May 2011 19:37:19 63 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It finally arrived! It was a long two weeks.
  • NeoAndroid 24 May 2011 23:57:33 2 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Umm i managed to fused Angel and Asparas together to get Alp but it said i had no social links to the persona did i wish to do it anyway so i did. Will it effect my playthrough later on or is it just basically a thing for later in the game? Since im only on the 22nd of April

im also new to th forum so hey :)
  • Hunam 25 May 2011 01:02:07 20,674 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    When it comes to persona it's a more short term side of the game NeoAndroid. Basically every persona has an Arcana, which is like a class. During the social side you have S.Links which are linked to each Arcana. The higher the S.Link for the Arcana of the persona that is the result of the fusion the more XP they will receive when you fuse them. If you don't have that S.Link at the time it just means you'll probably need to level that persona up a bit more. So in short, don't worry about it as it wont have much impact on your game at the start of the game.

Later on though you'll want to try and maximise the bonus xp from the s.links because you might want a certain persona with a certain skill and it makes it quicker to fuse across the different persona to get the final one.
  • NeoAndroid 25 May 2011 17:36:19 2 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Thanks alot for the help Hunam you set my mind at rest i thought i had maybe ruined that part of the persona or something. Thank you once again :)
  • SlapDashDapps 6 Jun 2011 14:10:58 13 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    looking forward to playing these a download titles on the PSVita
  • consignia 13 Jun 2011 10:58:27 1,433 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just finished this over the weekend, and I loved it. It did take a bit for the mechnics to gel as noted earlier, but it was really a lot of fun. It's left me gagging for more.

I hope they do Persona 4 in this fashion, as that looks like something I'd like to check out.
  • ghostlight_ross 17 Jun 2011 11:25:05 138 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    In case any of you guys are waiting for a PSN version there's now an update on the situation with that on our blog. here
  • andywilkie35 13 Jul 2011 00:57:10 5,338 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Playing the female playthrough and about 20 hours in - just come across a nice touch that anyone who's played P4 will appreciate

At a tennis tournament at another school, knew it would be the one from Persona 4, but now just been approached by a girl who has come to collect us to stay at the inn. Of course it's Yukiko, and there's a mention of Chie too

Love it :)

• ghostlight_ross 13 Jul 2011 11:31:33 138 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    andywilkie35 wrote:
    Playing the female playthrough and about 20 hours in - just come across a nice touch that anyone who's played P4 will appreciate

At a tennis tournament at another school, knew it would be the one from Persona 4, but now just been approached by a girl who has come to collect us to stay at the inn. Of course it's Yukiko, and there's a mention of Chie too

Love it :)

I smiled when I saw that one too.
  • consignia 13 Jul 2011 18:01:02 1,433 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I hadn't played Persona 4, but I had played Catherine so

Vincent popping in the club towards the end of the game was cool. It would have been ace if he was a social link sort of teasing the actual Catherine storyline.
  • andywilkie35 14 Jul 2011 11:32:32 5,338 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    consignia wrote:
    I hadn't played Persona 4, but I had played Catherine so

Vincent popping in the club towards the end of the game was cool. It would have been ace if he was a social link sort of teasing the actual Catherine storyline.

Yeah I read about that, been looking for him myself (but looks like I'm too early in the game)

Will be getting Catherine on import from America in the next couple of weeks, can't wait

• HiddenAway 14 Jul 2011 11:54:26 14,789 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I really want to get back into this but while my sister's on holiday (as we play and watch the game together) I can't do anything :(

• ghostlight_ross 15 Jul 2011 11:17:41 138 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    HiddenAway wrote:
    I really want to get back into this but while my sister's on holiday (as we play and watch the game together) I can't do anything :(

I've got the opposite problem with playing PS3 games at the moment. My brother's back from uni and since my PS3 is in his room its quite hard to play any single player games at the moment.
  • rossb 18 Aug 2011 16:27:24 69 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Some of you might be happy to know we've got a release date and price for the PSN version of P3P http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/persona-3-portable-gets-a-psn-price-and-release-date

7th September
  • andywilkie35 18 Aug 2011 20:08:08 5,338 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Any chance of there being a way to get a free download if we already own it?

I got about 25 hours in and my PSP no longer reads UMDs :(

• ghostlight_ross 19 Aug 2011 11:12:55 138 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    andywilkie35 wrote:
    Any chance of there being a way to get a free download if we already own it?

I got about 25 hours in and my PSP no longer reads UMDs :(

Hmmm. I don't think its something we can do as a regualr thing but if you email me your order details to ross.brierley at ghostlightdotukdotcom I'll see what I can do. No promises though and even if I can get you a code we won't get any until around the 7th september and I won't be around to send it out until about a week after that. But I'll try.
  • richarddavies 19 Aug 2011 11:38:04 2,572 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What a coincidence, my 9 psp's UMD drives have also died and I had copy's of Persona for each. I don't suppose you could send me soem codes?

Anyone wanna buy a download code for Persona? Tenner each?
  • ghostlight_ross 20 Aug 2011 10:02:08 138 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    richarddavies wrote:
    What a coincidence, my 9 psp's UMD drives have also died and I had copy's of Persona for each. I don't suppose you could send me soem codes?

Anyone wanna buy a download code for Persona? Tenner each?

Send me a few of those PSP's just to uh prove (thats a good word prove) that you've got so many and I'll give you some codes :)
  • Page

of 13 First / Last