The Walking Dead - TV series (US pace, SPOILERS!) Page 181

• Page

of 182 First / Last

• twelveways 8 Mar 2017 01:59:09 6,933 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I reckon the bit where Misshown(?) Thinks Rick is dead is a foreshadowing of her dying
  • Tonka 8 Mar 2017 10:18:16 25,110 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    What are you mopers moaning about. It was a fantastic episode! Only let down was the hilariously poor 3D render... WTF!?

Especially how given how good the tiger is.

Good to see Miss Scarface getting out of her slump to join forces with The Sniperqueen over at the Hilltop. I agree that one or both of them will die. Probably both as they are sorely underused in the series. Need to tighten up the character list.

I also absolutely adore Miss Fringe: Leader of the Garbage Pail Kids. That bit with the cat was genuinely funny in a good way. I hope we will hear their back story one day.

I do have a sneaking suspicion that they'll end up either being completely useless with the guns OR destroying them all in some misguided attempt to "not rely on what brought ruin upon us in the old days."

Another thing I liked is that whole county fair location. Lots of clues to something gone seriously wrong. The place felt like it had a backstory, especially when the last bunch of walkers showed up with their hand tied.

Has that been in "Fear the Walking Dead"?

Keep up the foraging and thin the character list please! And for gods sake get rid of The Batman.

Edited by Tonka at 10:18:58 08-03-2017
  • DukeSilver 8 Mar 2017 10:33:57 1,916 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I think it's Whispering Oaks in Left 4 Dead.
  • cowell 9 Mar 2017 06:03:50 1,011 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That CGI deer....
  • ecu 13 Mar 2017 19:19:53 79,531 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Much better episode this week. The show's better when Morgan is in it. Walkers are such a non-threat now though, they might as well not even be in it. When was the last time someone got killed by a walker? Tyreese?

Edited by ecu at 19:28:57 13-03-2017
  • twelveways 13 Mar 2017 19:21:22 6,933 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Meh
  • Furtive_Pygmy 13 Mar 2017 19:35:53 5,583 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I enjoyed it, Carol is going to kick some arse, finally.

Edited by Furtive_Pygmy at 19:36:47 13-03-2017
  • Immaterial 13 Mar 2017 20:58:26 2,091 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That was a really good slow burner of an episode that helped to move the main story forward. It's always good to see Morgan murder someone, and yes- Killer Soccer Mom is back.
  • LeD 13 Mar 2017 22:07:46 6,758 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Furtive_Pygmy wrote:
    I enjoyed it, Carol is going to kick some arse, finally.
    What about Morgan? He's quite clearly on the edge now
  • Tonka 14 Mar 2017 06:47:03 25,110 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I really liked how Morgan illustrated my complaints about The Mullet.

When Morgan snapped there was the briefest moment where I thought he'd gone loopy. Then I realized he was just executing Mr Cocknoses' plan. Contrast that with when The Mullet became Negan and I wasn't sure (I'm still not sure) wether or not he's a true convert or not.

Morgan rules. Carol rules. Although Morgan showing up and shouting "DO YOU WANT TO NOW THE TRUTH!?" until she caved and then later saying "YOU wanted to hear the truth" was a bit funny tbh.

Lots of good stuff in this episode. Nice bit of culling too.
  • frightlever 14 Mar 2017 09:21:41 1,371 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I must be in a minority in not liking Morgan as a character. The whole Kung Fu monk thing is only mildly less annoying than the theatre troupe goons Rick's lot has been dealing with.

WHY did no-one drag Morgan off that dude? So stupid. Let's watch for almost a minute as some lunatic we met a few weeks ago kills our 2IC.
  • oceanmotion 14 Mar 2017 10:58:47 17,102 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Morgan chokes him. Other people, waits until dead, soooo, what was all that about?
  • garsync 14 Mar 2017 11:16:38 60 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There was a shout to leave them alone iirc, so I imagine the Saviours wanted to let it happen for larks and their guns and shout stopped anyone else from interfering.
  • Tonka 14 Mar 2017 11:57:40 25,110 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yes. Mean people with guns (who just killed a guy the day before using one of their guns) telling meek guys without guns to stand back was the explanation for that.

I'm more concerned with how the Kingdom was allowed to walk around heavily armed at all previous mettings or how they've gone from a load of hogs meat to 12 cantaloupes as their quota.

I guess the cantaloupes are more exotic but still, big flatbed truck showing up with two tiny crates felt silly.

What was that painting btw?
  • L0cky 14 Mar 2017 12:06:39 1,946 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Some dude fighting with a stick as far as i could tell.
  • addyb 14 Mar 2017 12:15:06 7,833 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd love to know the distance between all these locations. Where the hell is all the fuel coming from? Everyone​ just freely driving around like it's a non issue.
  • Tonka 14 Mar 2017 12:21:08 25,110 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I haven't thought about that. I read that gasoline in the tank of a car won't last more than a year or so.
  • SuperSoupy 14 Mar 2017 12:39:42 11 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The guy playing Morgan does more with a single look than nearly any other actor can with a whole lecture.

Case in point.. this episode where Morgan goes to see Richard after discovering his melon-hiding, and Richard goes off on one about his plan. Some nice acting on that guy's part, but eyes are on Morgan the whole time who never says a word. That's the good stuff about this show.

It's acting moments like that that elevated an otherwise by-the-book meh episode.

Personally, I'd love it if Morgan and Rick went away on a road trip and left the rest of the cast behind. Hell stick Negan in the back to make things interesting! The acting between those 3 is so good that the rest of the cast holds them back.
  • ecu 14 Mar 2017 13:16:21 79,531 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    addyb wrote:
    I'd love to know the distance between all these locations. Where the hell is all the fuel coming from? Everyone​ just freely driving around like it's a non issue.
    There's enough fuel in all the vehicles for them to siphon to last a very long time. Fuel expires but I guess that's the creative license, same as how fat people are still fat and most people still have pristine white teeth.
  • monsieur-Cosmo 20 Mar 2017 21:02:46 246 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Well that was rather good. Was it Darryl at the end?
    Oh, Meggie has been pregnant for how long now? I just..she's still perfectly slim.
    /real life mode off
  • addyb 20 Mar 2017 21:36:21 7,833 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @monsieur-Cosmo

I thought it was the other bloke who's name also begins with the same letter :)
  • Tonka 20 Mar 2017 21:51:13 25,110 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Two-face?
  • Immaterial 20 Mar 2017 22:07:24 2,091 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Good bits of that episode:
    Simon and his Amazing Facial Hair -"People say I have a very expressive face."
    Weepy Daryl
    Pickle Boy showing his grand master plan was, in fact, to submit to his love for pickles.

Bad bits: pretty much aaall the rest of it. Last week's episode featuring the lovers in the Fairground of TERROR did all that plot and character development stuff much better.

edit: week before last. Last week was Morgan losing his shit as part of a cunning plan. How could I forget?

Edited by Immaterial at 22:12:08 20-03-2017
  • addyb 20 Mar 2017 22:08:00 7,833 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Tonka

:)
  • ecu 21 Mar 2017 00:26:02 79,531 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Steven Ogg is excellent, made the show for me this week. The scene with him trying to convey the death of the saviors doctor to the hilltop doctor by expression alone was great.

I enjoyed the episode apart from anything with Sasha and Rosita. Really could not care less for either of these characters.
  • twelveways 21 Mar 2017 03:40:16 6,933 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, I could happily watch a whole hour of Simon/Trevor just being himself. I also like the squirmy leader of hilltop.

Enjoyed this week's more than the last couple of episodes, I thought it was Darryl at the end, could have been the other guy though.
  • Tonka 21 Mar 2017 06:55:57 25,110 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I thought it was weaker than the last few episodes but it seems that my tastes are at odds with the rest of the universe. Mr Tasch n' Brows is brilliant though as is the Brown nosing Mayor.

Finally getting clarification on where The Mullet stands felt good as well but the way Miss Sharpshooter went commando at the end felt out of character. The good news is that they're clearly setting Miss Demolitionist up for some on screen time. The way she was bigged up as an expert on everything from jacking cars to tying knots and even got a "We're sooo lucky to have you!" must mean she will be around for a while.

I remember her getting some decent lines to work with a while back and that I thought she was really good. Sad to see Sasha go though... there's a lot of potential in a kick ass sniper but they never managed to get her character off the ground.

Let's see if she dies at the hands of The Mullet.

Speaking of... I wonder if he'll be part of the cull as well.

And what the blooming fuck was The Chubby redneck up to? Why the fuck did him and Maggie run up to the door to have their little tÍte a tÍte?

But the thing that grates the most is that no matter how willing TWD is to kill off its main cast, the baddies are all wearing the teflon amour of predictable plot lines. It would have been so awesome if Miss "I'll stick this big ass barrel straight out through the window" had just shot The Batman straight through the doctor from the hilltop.

BOOM! Deal with it.

But nooooo.... the mechanics demand that all bad guys must have an epic battle at the end of the season, preferably spanning two seasons.

If I was the showrunner I'd let Miss Sniper kill The Batman, have Two-face rise to power and try to build a juster version of the saviors that still relied on tributes and slavery but didn't beat people to a pulp. Still killing trouble makers. Then have The Garbage Pail Kids point their guns at Rick and take over Alexandria. Then have The Brownnoser of Hilltop throw out Maggie and her Page so that Rick et all team up with the Kingdom in an uneasy cold war with the Saviors.

Then re-introduce the walkers as a threat by having massive herds of them showing up out of nowhere.
  • Immaterial 21 Mar 2017 07:55:39 2,091 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tonka for show runner. That would be a series that I would watch.
  • mrpon 21 Mar 2017 07:59:42 32,837 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So, Jesus is a hairy bastard isn't he?

;)
  • monsieur-Cosmo 21 Mar 2017 08:55:53 246 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    Two-face?
    Niki Lauda?
  • Page

of 182 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.