• Page

of 116 First / Last

• CosmicFuzz 22 Jan 2010 08:01:19 25,582 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Really need to start reading this.

Issues 1-48 in a compendium on sale for just over £25 at Amazon now.

Done! Cheers local :-

Come listen to us discuss the Playstation Experience in Episode 11 of Open Source. zoolophage writes in!

• BinaryBob101 25 Jan 2010 23:59:36 24,409 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The Walking Dead script review that sealed the deal, beware though many SPOILERS lie within a click of your mouse:

http://coronacomingattractions.com/news/exclusive-review-pilot-script-walking-dead-tv-series

So, apparently it's very good.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• CosmicFuzz 26 Jan 2010 00:36:37 25,582 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My above purchase arrives on Thursday.

I'm very excited :-)

Come listen to us discuss the Playstation Experience in Episode 11 of Open Source. zoolophage writes in!

• BinaryBob101 26 Jan 2010 01:00:05 24,409 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Don't read that review then Cosmic.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• Tonka 26 Jan 2010 07:36:41 21,335 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hehehehe. I guess I'm just a big softie. I loved it in Jericho when it was just about a small towns struggles in a post apocalyptic world. Then those mercenaries came and ruined everything...

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• CosmicFuzz 26 Jan 2010 09:02:48 25,582 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    BinaryBob101 wrote:
    Don't read that review then Cosmic.

Oh I'll be keeping my eyes off that for a while! Away spoilers, away!!

• BinaryBob101 30 Mar 2010 08:41:40 24,409 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    AMC order six episodes for season one. Six? what's all that about then? They're either not too optimistic about good ratings, or it'll do a Caprica and more episodes will be filmed for the season later. Either was it's good news for fans of Zombies I guess. The names being bandied around for casting are pretty awesome too, Mark Pellegrino (Jacob from Lost), Johnny Lee Miller and Jamie Bamber are all being mentioned. More here:

http://eztv.it/tvnews/5030/amc-greenlights-zombie-series/

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• Jackface 30 Mar 2010 09:44:41 3,736 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Fallen behind with this and got 9, 10 and 11 winging their way to me. Looking forward to the TV series, hope they do a good job of it. Needs to be proper bleak.
  • LFMartins 31 Mar 2010 03:48:23 5,704 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    BinaryBob101 wrote:
    AMC order six episodes for season one. Six? what's all that about then? They're either not too optimistic about good ratings, or it'll do a Caprica and more episodes will be filmed for the season later. Either was it's good news for fans of Zombies I guess. The names being bandied around for casting are pretty awesome too, Mark Pellegrino (Jacob from Lost), Johnny Lee Miller and Jamie Bamber are all being mentioned. More here:

http://eztv.it/tvnews/5030/amc-greenlights-zombie-series/

Its the way AMC works, Breaking Bad had only 7 episodes. They already said that if the show does well, they will order a second season of 13 episodes.
  • CosmicFuzz 31 Mar 2010 09:11:21 25,582 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    According to IGN Johnny Lee Miller is out.

• Jackface 31 Mar 2010 10:00:46 3,736 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Good.

No names, just talent, and he was neither.
  • BinaryBob101 31 Mar 2010 13:14:22 24,409 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Pellegrino would be very good though.

Also, from what I've been reading, this from AMC's website mat be a bot worrying:

"Like most advertiser-supported networks, AMC edits programming for certain "objectionable" content, including nudity and offensive language. As a national network available on basic cable, AMC adheres to standards that will be acceptable to the majority of our viewers, our sponsors and our cable and satellite affiliates. Whenever possible, the movie studios provide us with TV-ready versions of their movies designed to be acceptable to most TV networks."

How do you make a show based on The Walking Dead with those kind of limitations in place, and still be true to the source material? Especially considering how frequently dark and twisted the book can get...

Will we be getting Walking Dead Lite?

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• Deleted user 6 April 2010 23:29:39
    Andrew Lincoln gets the lead role of Rick Grimes.

Yep. The dude from This Life and Teachers.
  • BinaryBob101 6 Apr 2010 23:31:17 24,409 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    WTF? He was ok in This Life, but everything I've seen of him recently, he's been shit.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• mrcrumley 6 Apr 2010 23:50:34 382 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think Timothy Olyphant would have been a good choice. Egg just doesnt seem right.
  • localnotail 7 Apr 2010 13:03:48 23,093 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Better Egg than Jonny Lee Miller. I'm almost through this, have book 11 to go. Really brutal. No idea how they think they can make this into a TV series though, however soap-like it is.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Gambit1977 7 Apr 2010 13:07:41 10,384 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Jackface wrote:
    Fallen behind with this and got 9, 10 and 11 winging their way to me. Looking forward to the TV series, hope they do a good job of it. Needs to be proper bleak.

I did that recently and it's much better for the 'change'.
  • Jackface 10 Apr 2010 09:36:12 3,736 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    About halfway through 10 now, they've hitched a ride with the blatantly full-of-crap scientist crew and it's very enjoyable. They were at the prison for just too long, weren't they?
  • Jackface 10 Apr 2010 09:37:02 3,736 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Micro_Explosion. wrote:
    Andrew Lincoln gets the lead role of Rick Grimes.

Yep. The dude from This Life and Teachers.
    Oh.

Well this just fell off my radar, I fucking hate that guy and everything he's ever done on TV. I just don't understand why Kirkman is so enthusiastically praising the choice, other than he has to for the press releases.

Perhaps I should check out the most recent thing he did because my take on both This Life and Teachers was that he's a bit wet.
  • Ged42 2 Jun 2010 21:38:09 7,803 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well at least their zombie make up is looking up to the job.
  • RabidChild 2 Jun 2010 22:05:47 2,293 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I want this to be good. I really, really do.
  • Venkman90 2 Jun 2010 22:16:32 4,430 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Can Egg do a spot on US accent then?

Oh and the Zombies NEED to be slow too...
  • Gambit1977 2 Jun 2010 22:24:44 10,384 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    9 and 10 can pretty much be a season in themselves.

11 is a bit poorer.
  • RabidChild 2 Jun 2010 22:25:19 2,293 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Don't tell me that, i've just ordered it
  • Gambit1977 2 Jun 2010 23:39:36 10,384 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RabidChild wrote:
    Don't tell me that, i've just ordered it

It's more like the lull that came with the rival camp. It doesn't last long, don't worry : )
  • BinaryBob101 2 Jun 2010 23:48:08 24,409 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Jackface wrote:
    Perhaps I should check out the most recent thing he did because my take on both This Life and Teachers was that he's a bit wet.

He was acting. Egg in This Life was supposed to be a wet cloth of a layabout, which is why his bitch kept getting a good servicing from her boss, iirc. He's an actor.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• Tonka 3 Jun 2010 07:19:56 21,335 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Didn't know Jim Carrey will be in it.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Gambit1977 3 Jun 2010 08:07:49 10,384 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    Didn't know Jim Carrey will be in it.

:D
    Or nick cave!
  • mrcrumley 3 Jun 2010 18:21:16 382 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    BinaryBob101 wrote:

Also, from what I've been reading, this from AMC's website mat be a bot worrying:

"Like most advertiser-supported networks, AMC edits programming for certain "objectionable" content, including nudity and offensive language. As a national network available on basic cable, AMC adheres to standards that will be acceptable to the majority of our viewers, our sponsors and our cable and satellite affiliates. Whenever possible, the movie studios provide us with TV-ready versions of their movies designed to be acceptable to most TV networks."

How do you make a show based on The Walking Dead with those kind of limitations in place, and still be true to the source material? Especially considering how frequently dark and twisted the book can get...

Im pretty sure AMC also showing Breaking Bad, and a couple of times there has been swearing cut out of that. On the flipside the content/theme of breaking bad is quite close to the bone, so there is hope!
  • Tricky 3 Jun 2010 19:05:37 4,485 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    mrcrumley wrote:
    BinaryBob101 wrote:

Im pretty sure AMC also showing Breaking Bad, and a couple of times there has been swearing cut out of that. On the flipside the content/theme of breaking bad is quite close to the bone, so there is hope!

Edited by mrcrumley at 18:22:00 03-06-2010

This. If AMC let an acid disintegrated body fall through a hole in the ceiling in breaking bad then we should be fine for zombies.
  • Page

of 116 First / Last