The Walking Dead - TV series (US pace) Page 87

• Page

of 104 First / Last

• Mola_Ram 6 Nov 2013 11:32:24 6,937 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Whether you like to pick things apart yourself is up to you. But it shits me when others insinuate that it's not a valid way to watch a show.

Do whatever you like, basically, but leave other people out of it. Moff put it better than I ever could, though, so just follow that link. :)

Edited by Mola_Ram at 11:34:04 06-11-2013
  • GuiltySpark 6 Nov 2013 11:36:53 6,320 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What I meant is that picking things apart doesn't necessarily relate to whether or not the show is good.

I think some people read the comments and assume that you're saying the show is wank because of whatever continuity error you want to talk about. It's that all or nothing mentality; you either love the show or hate it, and that's clearly not the case.

Get bent.

• Mola_Ram 6 Nov 2013 11:45:32 6,937 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I like some parts, and dislike other parts. I like talking about and picking apart the things I like and don't like, which is why I am here.

Whatever you think of the term "holding pattern", for example (apparently it's a bit wanky or something), I think it's a pretty apt description of much of Season 2 and parts of Season 3. Characters standing around doing the same stupid things, waiting for something to happen, much like a plane that has been instructed to kill time before it's allowed to land.

You can agree or disagree with that. I'm happy to talk about it. But if the only contribution a person is going to make is along the lines of "this conversation is not worth having, ner ner", then they should probably not be in a "discussion forum".

And just in case it isn't clear: I HAVE LIKED SEASON 4 SO FAR :)

Edited by Mola_Ram at 11:46:37 06-11-2013
  • Architect_z 6 Nov 2013 11:53:34 2,374 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Why do they look down upon the guy who took the bottle of alcahol?

Why not, its his decision?

Alcahol can be useful as medicine, keeping warm, fuelling fire? Or even just to enjoy what you have left of your life.

I don't get why its an issue, I think the moral justification should have gone out of the window based on the whole 'end of the world' stuff started happening (if he is an alcaholic).

Edited by Architect_z at 11:56:44 06-11-2013
  • GuiltySpark 6 Nov 2013 11:56:29 6,320 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    Why do they look down upon the guy who got a bottle of alcahol?

Why not, its his decision?

Alcahol can be useful as medicine, keeping warm, fuelling fire? Or even just to enjoy what you have left of your life.

I don't get why its an issue, I think the moral justification should have gone out of the window based on the whole 'end of the world' stuff started happening (if he is an alcaholic).
    Because he ONLY bought alcohol, to drink, instead of stocking up on actual medicine. It was probably the most selfish thing he could have done.

Get bent.

• GuiltySpark 6 Nov 2013 11:57:25 6,320 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Mola_Ram I agree with you, like I have done on pretty much everything we've both written over the past year.

Get bent.

• Architect_z 6 Nov 2013 11:57:38 2,374 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    He took the meds and tablets and stuff though didnt he?
  • Mola_Ram 6 Nov 2013 11:57:54 6,937 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I think it was more that he risked his life (and, by extension, the lives of others) by trying to hold onto the bag. It was a bit cute that there wasn't anything else in there (say, all that medicine they were picking up) to complicate matters.

Moving his hand to draw on Daryl was also a really, really stupid thing to do.
  • Mola_Ram 6 Nov 2013 11:58:31 6,937 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @GuiltySpark Yeah, I know. Just venting really. In the direction of other people :)

Edited by Mola_Ram at 11:59:24 06-11-2013
  • AcidSnake 6 Nov 2013 11:59:03 7,213 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Architect_z:
    I think the idea was for them to just grab any medicine lying around as well as the stuff they needed just in case but he decided to grab some booze instead...That and he risked his life to get it back...

An overreaction sure, but not entirely unjustified...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• BeardedGamerUK 6 Nov 2013 11:59:46 1,299 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Architect_z wrote:

Yeah that bothered me a bit too. Total over reaction from Daryl as well. It's not as if the alcoholic pointed the gun at Daryl. Daryl DID act in an overly aggressive manner first. Then the other two started giving him bad looks. The scene jarred badly. Oh and butting heads?! Playground stuff :)
  • quadfather 6 Nov 2013 12:00:39 11,808 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Right, I need to get back into this. The last episode I watched was after a big fight at the farm, they got split up, met up again on the highway/motorway and the series ended.

Which one was that? I need to carry on from there I think

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Mola_Ram 6 Nov 2013 12:01:24 6,937 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    BeardedGamerUK wrote:
    Oh and butting heads?! Playground stuff :)
  • Architect_z 6 Nov 2013 12:12:16 2,374 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Also, I don't want to spoil it for the rest, so if you havent watched the latest episode, don't read the Spolers below.

Ricks reaction was also kinda stupid aswell when it came to letting Carol loose. Part of me thinks that was abit odd turning someone to exile.

Can anyone also explain how Hershal can seem to just walk now aswell? I had a broken ankle once, and there was no chance I could have even begin to walk on that, but Hershal doesnt even have crutches? Did I miss something?
  • Mola_Ram 6 Nov 2013 12:15:21 6,937 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hershel has a missing leg. People can still walk with artificial legs, or whatever he's using. It's not like he's sprinting around or anything.

And I think Rick's reaction was perfectly understandable and justifiable. Her staying just would not have worked with Tyreese around. Amongst other reasons.

I hope the exile isn't permanent, though, as I really like Carol's character.

(not really bothering with spoiler tags at this point; the thread title does say "US pace")

Edited by Mola_Ram at 12:17:33 06-11-2013
  • Architect_z 6 Nov 2013 12:20:20 2,374 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah but she was there from the beginning, I think i'd rather have someone with me at camp who was caring, experienced and a teacher to the younger members of the group, than a scary muscle bound dude who has threatened people and is as much a danger to himself as he is to other members.
  • Mola_Ram 6 Nov 2013 12:25:49 6,937 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    How do you think other people would react though? "Oh yeah, she killed two of you without hesitation, but don't worry, she's been with us for ages, she's cool". Even if her reasons for doing so were justified, that sort of action is just not going to fly with some people.

Tyreese, on the other hand, hasn't really done anything wrong. He's pissed off and lashing out, sure, but it's a pretty understandable reaction considering what happened.
  • Tonka 6 Nov 2013 12:37:04 20,006 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Whatever you think of the term "holding pattern", for example (apparently it's a bit wanky or something),
    Is that why you have been acting up? I ment it in jest. I really dislike putting ;) at the end of every gently mocking post but try to make it clear that I'm not being serious by writing stuff like "is this euro TVExec" etc into posts.

As a matter of fact I think it's interesting how people are now talking about show runners etc instead of just going "Wooaa, that car chase was awesome" (<<< this is an imaginary quote and has nothing to do with TWD)

I also found the whole fallen tree with a line of zombies stepping out shoulder to shoulder was rather odd given that they usually have rather nice settings fr their action. Using the gas price to spell out Hell was a nice touch.

That tree wasn't.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Tonka 6 Nov 2013 12:38:48 20,006 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    About Carol she has clearly lost it. Rick picked up on that and decided to not return the favor of giving her some time to get her shit together.

Plus, avoiding massive internal conflict where "The old" gang get green card to do what they please with "the noobs"

• Architect_z 6 Nov 2013 12:41:47 2,374 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I dunno about that. At the end of the day, they are group of survivors, in harsh times, you stick with who you can trust. And based on that you should never take the side of a new person over a member of the group, unless ofcourse the crime was unjustified.

Tyreese and the others, are outsiders, they're a different group, if they wanted to join your group they should earn your trust, and not go through Ricks crappy questionaire; "how many people have you killed", "How many of your friends have you killed", "tell me if you murdered your best friend to stay alive" etc.

Edited by Architect_z at 12:42:31 06-11-2013
  • Tonka 6 Nov 2013 13:13:49 20,006 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ricks crappy questionnaire is rather crap.

But Carol has lost it and if Rick is serious about rebuilding society (what else is he trying to do) then surely people can't go around murdering others.

One thing though. They really need to lock their doors at night. Anyone who dies turns right? They'll never get the world back together with that kind of threat.

• TarickStonefire 6 Nov 2013 13:32:37 2,888 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    All the reasons I gave up on this show so many times, finally packing it in for good a few eps into season 3, have been written about many times by others (Rick is shit, Lori was annoying, loads of other characters are stupid as fuck, Shane was easily the most interesting character, or maybe the crossbow guy, the plots, oh my god the plots)

Aaaanyway I say this by way of an intro to this interesting analysis at BadAssDigest of how the author thinks the show could have gone in a different direction had they been brave enough to kill Rick and let Shane live, for an alternate take on the comic book storyline.

Here.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• AcidSnake 6 Nov 2013 13:34:26 7,213 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @quadfather:
    You've finished the second season, you're one season and 4 episodes behind...
    Best thing right now though is to stop reading this thread! :)

I think the questionnaire isn't that bad...In this case the answers changed for Carol into something that wasn't acceptable...

Locking doors is a good start...I'd back that up with trenches around the prison and just cut down some trees to improve visibility and make barriers in the woods...If a herd ever comes along those fences are not going to hold...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• quadfather 6 Nov 2013 13:36:47 11,808 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @AcidSnake - cheers! Yeah, I'll butt out of this thread now

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• GuiltySpark 6 Nov 2013 13:47:32 6,320 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    With the Carol situation, Rick is trying to keep some semblance of normality. Carol killing whoever those dudes were may have been the best course of action, if you look at it through a wanky A level Marxist view, but it wasn't 'right'. He did put forth a reason - "What if they had lived?".

Her being there from the start and generally being an OK person meant that Rick didn't kill her, nor did he really give her a free pass. It was the best thing he could have done really.

Get bent.

• Architect_z 6 Nov 2013 16:39:33 2,374 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    And what about Glen?
  • TOOTR 7 Nov 2013 03:22:55 9,493 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    BeardedGamerUK wrote:
    Architect_z wrote:

Yeah that bothered me a bit too. Total over reaction from Daryl as well. It's not as if the alcoholic pointed the gun at Daryl. Daryl DID act in an overly aggressive manner first. Then the other two started giving him bad looks. The scene jarred badly. Oh and butting heads?! Playground stuff :)
    Total over reaction? Um they weren't exactly in a relaxing environment, sipping pina colada's and one caught the other cheating at cards... It was roof time mayhem city! Lives at stake etc etc

In one second he went from being anxious that someone who'd opened up to him was about to become a frenzied snack, and additionally that vital medicine was going to be lost to one second later that the doofus was risking it all over some grog. I'd go radio rental too.

Also -

1) Daryl had an abusive alcoholic father...maybe
    2) Daryl hasn't quite got rid of his white supremacist hillbilly roots - maybe
    3) Daryl hates roofs - definitely - you can see it in his eyes.

I thought the headbutting was aces myself. Don't fukc with da D!

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• Psychotext 7 Nov 2013 03:52:48 53,775 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    On a minor note, I'm surprised they didn't take pretty much all the medicine they could carry, but keep it separated so that they could prioritise the important stuff if they needed to move more quickly.

/shrug
  • Mola_Ram 7 Nov 2013 04:13:24 6,937 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah, as I said it was weird that the booze was literally the only thing inside his pack. Should be spreading the meds out, so you don't lose it all of one pack is eaten.
  • mrpon 7 Nov 2013 06:38:31 28,411 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    On a minor note, I'm surprised they didn't take pretty much all the medicine they could carry, but keep it separated so that they could prioritise the important stuff if they needed to move more quickly.

/shrug
    Yeah, they certainly haven't watched Supermarket Sweep.

I was a student!! Don't judge me!!

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Page

of 104 First / Last