of 116 First / Last

• Gambit1977 21 Oct 2013 20:19:42 10,384 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    :D we've all been there ourselves.
  • captainrentboy 21 Oct 2013 21:55:51 1,104 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    "Right you've had a 20 min lesson about stabbing folk, now here's ya facking zombie Dad, get a knife in his skull, if you don't you're weak... WEAK!!"

Really enjoying the season so far, can't see them keeping up this pace for too long though, unless of course AMC are now chucking mega bucks at each new season. (I'd read last year that they were quite tight on budgets)
  • HoriZon 21 Oct 2013 22:28:47 13,596 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Whos feeding the walkers had to be the Gov right ? or do we have a new enemy.

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• Mr-Brett 21 Oct 2013 22:37:16 12,894 posts
    Seen 53 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Gov makes sense, their security seems pretty lax despite having the apocalypse constantly at the door. I expect it wouldn't be too hard to sneak in.

I wondered if it might be the girl that was a bit too attached to nick the zombie.

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• GuiltySpark 21 Oct 2013 22:46:07 6,466 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I can't imagine it'll be the Governor, I think it's safe to assume that the burning of the bodies and the feeding are the same guy, and I can't see him knowing about the illness.

Or maybe he's the one that bought the illness there? Who knows? This is what happens when you turn into a pig farmer Rick!

Get bent.

• localnotail 21 Oct 2013 23:45:34 23,093 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm really glad he burnt his shirt. Not because I wanted to see his
    naked torso, but that all I could think of after he digitally did those piggies in was "Rick, you really need to get out of those clothes and have a wash if they are the source of the infection". If he hadn't, I think I would have to have finally just given up watching it.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Mola_Ram 21 Oct 2013 23:50:12 8,270 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I also wanted him to give a speech about how the farming life just isn't possible in such a world, and how he should just give up and accept that he's best when killing things.

As it was, I just don't think the symbolism was obvious enough.
  • localnotail 21 Oct 2013 23:56:47 23,093 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Maybe he should've put his hat on after he put his gun belt on?

Chewed some toffos, maybe?

• localnotail 21 Oct 2013 23:58:53 23,093 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Did St Darryl's cut-off denim jacket always have (hells)angel wings on the back? I never noticed them before.

• Scurrminator 22 Oct 2013 00:28:14 8,465 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah.
    I have to say the past two episodes have been a step up.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• oldschoolsoviet 22 Oct 2013 01:02:48 5,549 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    I can't imagine it'll be the Governor, I think it's safe to assume that the burning of the bodies and the feeding are the same guy, and I can't see him knowing about the illness.

Or maybe he's the one that bought the illness there? Who knows? This is what happens when you turn into a pig farmer Rick!
    I'd guess that it was the lil' girl feeding "Nick", or Carl and his playful sensibility and possibly either Sasha or crazy-PTSD-medic for burning the bodies. Definitely sabotage masquerading behind good intentions. Everyone knows paraffin is great for coughs.
  • Deleted user 22 October 2013 08:29:52
    The Walking Dead Monster Mash
    http://www.neatorama.com/2013/10/21/The-Walking-Dead-Monster-Mash/
  • AcidSnake 22 Oct 2013 08:59:39 7,297 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, the rats were inside the fence so I don't think it's the governor, maybe he sent someone to infiltrate?...

Nice to see they keep a happy couple (known for having sex in guard towers) on guard tower duty...It might be dark but anyone walking along the perimeter with a flashlight should arouse suspicion?

Also I would have thought keeping your bars locked at night would be the first of the safety measures?

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Mr-Brett 22 Oct 2013 09:18:33 12,894 posts
    Seen 53 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah I'd have a watch that would spent time looking outside the tower...
    Also some kind of patrol, even if only on the inside of the place, if everyone can turn into a threat at any time (fluke accident, aneurysm, etc) then someone needs to keep an eye open.

As for the doors, yeah they don't need to be locked, just closed would stop a zombie and it'd be the least I'd do in that situation.

Also if the fences are showing signs of falling, then you'd probably want to do more than just prop them up a bit. Either a more effective method of clearing them away from it (snow plow?) or stronger defences, like solid barricades.

Yes I know it's silly to overthink these things, it's just a TV show. I can't help it :)

• AcidSnake 22 Oct 2013 09:28:33 7,297 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A nice ditch a few feet in front of the fence? That way you limit the numbers that can push against them?

Also a damn gate that works with counterweights so you only have to use your weight to open it and it closes automatically?

I think part of the fun in zombie related fiction is figuring out better ways of handling the situation...

Did they ever fix the huge hole in the wall where Tyreese and company came through?

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Mr-Brett 22 Oct 2013 09:53:26 12,894 posts
    Seen 53 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't remember them mentioning it but you'd hope so, it was a pretty big flaw in their perimeter. They said the death row wing was clear so maybe they have been shoring defences in general, it's a big area to cover so that could explain why it's not fully secure.

I'd probably have some measures to stop the zombies getting to the prison too. You could put some bells in the trees, hook them up to basic trigger, zombie walks by, bell rings, zombie stops and checks it out. That kinda thing.

They just need to take a leaf out of the crazy guy they met a while back, he had that whole area locked down, traps everywhere.

• Tonka 22 Oct 2013 09:57:54 21,350 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Second episode was very strong as well. I like the direction they are taking so far.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• TheHammerite 23 Oct 2013 05:42:54 1,530 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's turning into Day Of The Dead.
  • TOOTR 23 Oct 2013 19:39:07 9,648 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I thought that was a great episode myself. Strong from start to finish.

Dark as all hell too.

Zombies love bacon too.

BinaryBob101 wrote:
    The Danger Mouse reboot worries me a great deal.

• The-Bodybuilder 25 Oct 2013 23:14:56 14,439 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Scurrminator wrote:
    Look if it was that good a show then we'd all be raving about it (see the Breaking Bad thread) but as it stands it's NOT that good.
    People continue to watch as the show has potential (last week was ok).
    Well its a very popular show, and one thing that seems to be a general truth around gaming forums, and here especially, is that the more popular something is, the less it is liked. I guess liking a popular show just isn't a the hipster way.

Similarly, Breaking Bad, as great as it was, was helped by the fact it had a small underground following which grew via word of mouth, so there was a hipster race to get in there first.

As for this episode? Really liked it. New threat to add to just walkers, and thru slow rejuvenation of Rick assuming his old position due to the need, not necessarily by desire. Pretty gut wrenching with the pigs, and I liked the close of the episode. Clearly that stupid other girl is probably responsible for the burning.

Also had a quick look at the S.H.I.E.L.D thread. How people can moan about TWD whilst that shower of crap seems to get acceptance is beyond me.

Also can't see how people can say Series 3 was shirt, especially after season 2 (aka Sophiagate). Some of the best episodes of the show were in season 3 (like Rick coming across that character from Season 1, and unpopular as it may be, the episode with the death of Lori was great).
  • The-Bodybuilder 25 Oct 2013 23:16:12 14,439 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    You're not wrong there. It was probably a step too far wanting to stab your own Dad in the head, stupid kid. :p
    I had my "stupid scene of the season" stamp ready if she had gone through with that. Thankfully she didn't.
  • The-Bodybuilder 25 Oct 2013 23:22:18 14,439 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    Yeah I'd have a watch that would spent time looking outside the tower...
    Also some kind of patrol, even if only on the inside of the place, if everyone can turn into a threat at any time (fluke accident, aneurysm, etc) then someone needs to keep an eye open.

As for the doors, yeah they don't need to be locked, just closed would stop a zombie and it'd be the least I'd do in that situation.

Also if the fences are showing signs of falling, then you'd probably want to do more than just prop them up a bit. Either a more effective method of clearing them away from it (snow plow?) or stronger defences, like solid barricades.

Yes I know it's silly to overthink these things, it's just a TV show. I can't help it :)
    Harsh overthink. The fence solution was clearly just a short term thing. That and the episode end seemed to happen within the same hour.

The door thing I can't defend though. First thought that came to my head. Maybe not the cell doors, but at least the main doors to the wings, especially as they used to be closed. Maybe she just forgot.

Good thing she held out the booty on Tyrese as if they did and she died of the virus, surely they'd have a hard time explaining why he didn't have it.
  • Mr-Brett 25 Oct 2013 23:37:34 12,894 posts
    Seen 53 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah to be fair the rat bait thing wouldn't have been expected and maybe the propping up temp solution was enough for the normal load.

Also I agree with you on people judging the show itself harshly, there's much worse out there. I think the strong start and high profile leads some to be less forgiving.

• The-Bodybuilder 26 Oct 2013 00:00:53 14,439 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Especially the high profile.
    Oh, and the fact it's not like the comic. Some 4 years in and people still feel the need to constantly remind us of that.
  • TOOTR 26 Oct 2013 11:39:20 9,648 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This is great. If it's been posted in here before well quite frankly scarlett johannsonn I don't give a damn...

BinaryBob101 wrote:
    The Danger Mouse reboot worries me a great deal.

• Mola_Ram 26 Oct 2013 15:22:18 8,270 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    Especially the high profile.
    Oh, and the fact it's not like the comic. Some 4 years in and people still feel the need to constantly remind us of that.
    So, what criticisms are OK to make? It's best that we establish a set of rules, lest we spend all of our time moaning at people who are watching the show wrong. Instead of, you know, talking about the show.

I actually agree that this season has been good so far, but there's a lot of defensiveness here, and a lot of it isn't necessary.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 15:29:35 26-10-2013
  • Mr-Brett 26 Oct 2013 15:38:45 12,894 posts
    Seen 53 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that people could stop going on about how it's not like the comics.

I don't think there's that much defensiveness but if they is it's probably because of the extreme reactions in the opposite direction by others. Which is in no way a reasonable excuse, just an observation.

• The-Bodybuilder 26 Oct 2013 17:53:35 14,439 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that people could stop going on about how it's not like the comics.

I don't think there's that much defensiveness but if they is it's probably because of the extreme reactions in the opposite direction by others. Which is in no way a reasonable excuse, just an observation.
    Quite simple really.
    It's been clear the past few years it's not going the route of the comic, so why it constantly needs to be raised I don't know.

Then again, I've noticed the same people generally moaning about every show and movie in virtually thread, so maybe they just like a good moan.
  • Darth_Flibble 26 Oct 2013 18:47:00 1,776 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    From what I've seen, any criticism is jumped up but thats a typical internet forum thing.
  • Gambit1977 26 Oct 2013 18:48:58 10,384 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Does anyone even read the comics anymore?
    I gave up on volume 9 or something.

From now on we should say the comics are nothing like the show ;-)
  • Page

of 116 First / Last