The Walking Dead - TV series (US pace) Page 79

• Page

of 108 First / Last

• Scimarad 2 Apr 2013 07:43:42 8,567 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've got to say, I've pretty much felt that way about it since the beginning...which is why I'm surprised when people are suddenly throwing words like 'awful' around when 'could be better' sounds more appropriate.

The foot/pliers scene, for example; Why was that awful? It probably went on too long and I'm surprised he got her but I don't know where 'awful' came from.
  • Scurrminator 2 Apr 2013 09:03:21 8,437 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It was awful because
    * They were easily within reach and she fluffed it
    * she kept stopping to talk to milton; just hurry up and get the fuck out and you a) might be able to help him or b) at least get out of there.
    * The way she kept dropping them and stuff when she's been shown many times to be more than capable.
    * The fact she got bit when she was free when she had been in far closer encounters

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad she's gone as she was an awful character and a mere shadow of the one she was based on but what a weak point to end on. Did anyone give a shit?
    'I tried'; Pah - T-dawg tried harder - He took out quite a few chumps with him!

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• roz123 2 Apr 2013 09:38:57 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
  • Scurrminator 2 Apr 2013 09:40:23 8,437 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Heh - it seems in episode time she took about 5 hours to get to that point!

• Psychotext 2 Apr 2013 09:43:39 54,409 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, that aspect was a bit ridiculous.

Also, it would have made far more sense if she'd only got half out and then got bitten. She's proven time and time again that one on one she's a match for a biter.
  • AcidSnake 2 Apr 2013 10:04:39 7,285 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Maybe storywise she was supposed to be more beaten up? That make up looks like the Gov just smeared some blood on her, not that she had been beaten or something...
    Or was that blood still residual zombie blood?

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• GuiltySpark 2 Apr 2013 11:34:29 6,431 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I do think that she should have just not escaped at all. The fact that it was unknown whether or not she survived was only put in there for the advert break cliffhanger, it would have been much more satisfying if it was hopeless from the start, really.

We don't need the emotional send off, it's not what this show should be about.

Get bent.

• localnotail 2 Apr 2013 11:55:01 23,093 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I disagree, she was a solid part of the team from the start and deserved to be welcomed back. I did dislike what they did with her and wish they'd had the balls to stick to the book with her character, she is strong and reliable. I know it's a different beast though. Wish they hadn't left the Governator unfinished though. Was also hoping to get on the road again.

In the end, they did draw an interesting comparison between Andrea "I just didn't want anyone to die" human vs zombies, optimistic idealism and Carl "I did what had to be done" us vs them, brutal reality.

Edited by localnotail at 11:57:53 02-04-2013

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• GuiltySpark 2 Apr 2013 12:01:36 6,431 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    I disagree, she was a solid part of the team from the start and deserved to be welcomed back.
    This is exactly what I mean.

It's formulaic to expect a well-known character to have an emotional send off. It's dystopian zombie fiction. You are just pandering to your audience and even worse, you're following a set formula that your show should intentionally be trying to shake up.

The fact that you feel she 'deserves' the screen time (sorry if I have misunderstood you) makes the impact all the more, well, impactful. She died regardless, the writers should at least have some dignity in writing her death.

You shouldn't be able to guess who dies and who lives, but people in this thread have guessed such a thing quite often. This kind of formula needs a drastic change to elevate the show above other mediocre offerings.

I just don't like wasted potential, that's all.

Edited by GuiltySpark at 12:02:34 02-04-2013

Get bent.

• Scurrminator 2 Apr 2013 12:51:29 8,437 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I loved the pool of blood that seeped under the floor.
    From who exactly? Milton was in the middle of the room and Andrea was not bleeding! When they went into the room it didn't make any sense!!!

• Gambit1977 2 Apr 2013 12:55:35 10,207 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Why didn't Milton move to get the pliers? He was there long enough :lol:
  • GuiltySpark 2 Apr 2013 12:56:32 6,431 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Perhaps it was meant to be from Milton before he actually died? He was sitting near the door, wasn't he.

Not overly sure though, it was only really there so people would wonder whether or not it was Andrea's.

Get bent.

• captbirdseye 2 Apr 2013 13:03:10 5,114 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It seems like they completely changed the idea of the season towards the end as it built up for a face off which never happend. Reading around seems to indicate that Producers were impressed with Morrissey and wanted him on for next season mid way through.
  • Architect_z 2 Apr 2013 18:35:38 2,385 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I havent seen the finale, but does anyone think the way I do about this program?

When it first came out, I was like "sweet, a program about a group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse".

But now watching most of the episodes, its actually a really crap program. I love watching it, can't wait for the next episode, but at the same time, its more of a comedy show.

-The characters are all boring (except Daryl, I like him). They're not badly acted or anything, maybe its their personalities? Normally in a show or film based on survival, i'm either shocked or slightly upset if a person dies. I never feel any of that in this program, even if Rick or Coral (sorry I know its Carl, I'm the kind of dick who finds his own jokes funny) just died, I wouldnt really care.

-The plot is funny too, I have the book of the governor. Its intense in parts, but the storyline has basically overtaken everything. Again that doesnt sound like anything bad, but I often think that the zombies are just kind of in the way, they dont really seem like a threat (as rick displayed this series by taking out like 10 of them by using his handgun as a hammer.

I don't get it, I love this program. Is it possible to love a program I consider to be terrible?

Ricks reaction to his wifes death was actually the funniest thing i've seen on TV for almost a decade.

Edited by Architect_z at 18:58:14 02-04-2013
  • yegon 4 Apr 2013 00:24:57 5,335 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pfft, I don't consider myself amongst the most critical/cynical re: WD, perhaps because I've never thought it was *that* good beyond the wow of the first season, but I found that possibly the worst season finale I've watched in a long time. It's been a loooong lull, the last few episodes I really enjoyed were probably the last few prior to the season 2 mid season break.
  • Deleted user 5 April 2013 23:48:11
    I just watched the series finale and thought it was actually really good. I was quite satisfied with it from a character development perspective and from a common sense perspective.

/guess i am in the minority.

In a sense i also felt they could have ended the whole thing there. Theres no real need now to carry this forward.
  • kinky_mong 7 Apr 2013 12:54:53 10,466 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Christ that finale was bad, I was so disappointed with the whole second half of this series but that last episode was such an anti-climax.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Mola_Ram 7 Apr 2013 13:56:44 7,717 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I didn't think it was bad. Just a bit... I know the word 'meh' gets used too much these days, but I think it describes that episode well. Just a feeling of "oh, is that it?"

In all, a bit of a damp squib of a finale. But it's nice that the season finished on a somewhat hopeful note.
  • Darth_Flibble 7 Apr 2013 14:12:57 1,728 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Really liked the 1st half of the season, 2nd half fall into poorly written dullness.

Saw this on other forums, sums up the poor writing of the show and people on here are spot on with Andrea being stupid

http://i.imgur.com/FxgWbGY.jpg
  • Fab4 7 Apr 2013 14:51:03 6,115 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I didnt mind the ending. At least now I'm not jonesing for the start of the new season :D
  • Baihu1983 7 Apr 2013 17:12:16 3,522 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Why didn't Milton move to get the pliers? He was there long enough :lol:
    :lol:

Yep that's all i kept thinking. He could have just rolled over and got them for her.
  • HoriZon 9 Apr 2013 09:37:26 13,565 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I liked it and David Morrissey is a series regular from now so hes off no way for a while yet.

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• Dougs 9 Apr 2013 09:40:52 68,474 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dreadful shit, that whole second half of the series. Shame, the first half way ace.
  • Tonka 9 Apr 2013 09:54:47 20,825 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, it went from being the best thing on TV to "For fucks sake KILL him and move on"

But then there was the odd episode. Like the one when they went back to Ricks hometown.

If I had anything to say I'd put the show in rebuild America mode now. With scouting parties out on exciting adventures. Some scheming and power wrestling in the new capital ála Game of Thrones.

Might even be an evil Army of smokers out there to fight. But more WWZ or Zone One and less TWD the comic.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Ultrasoundwave 9 Apr 2013 10:38:02 3,340 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    Yeah, it went from being the best thing on TV to "For fucks sake KILL him and move on"

But then there was the odd episode. Like the one when they went back to Ricks hometown.
    I think overall, season 3 has been the strongest so far. People keep saying the 2nd half of the season was shit, but i personally thought some of the episodes were excellent.

The episode with Morgan in was probably the strongest of the season, the episode where the Governor stalks and captures Andrea was very good, the episode before the finale was great with Merle bowing out and, personally, i thought the finale was very good too.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Dougs 9 Apr 2013 10:48:15 68,474 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The problem I have is that I don't give a flying fuck about any of the characters. They're all either irrelevant, stupid or both. I struggle to remember half their names. So when it comes to the crunch, there's no empathy or engagement.
  • Shikasama 9 Apr 2013 10:55:00 6,996 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I don't really understand how you can consider season 3 to be the best. Personal preference and all that the show has descended into 'stupid characters make stupid decisions to create false tension'.

And when it isn't doing that it is trying to show how character driven and deep it is by making characters angst for an hour about absolute shite.

I'd much prefer the characters from the comic to be in the TV show.
  • Ultrasoundwave 9 Apr 2013 10:56:13 3,340 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You're definitely right in a way, none of the characters are particularly loveable. In fact, if there was one character/actor who really stood out it was probably Lennie James, who was absolutely superb in his brief appearance.

Now that they've established that he's alive and relativley safe where he is, i'd love to see him come back next season.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• GuiltySpark 9 Apr 2013 13:01:38 6,431 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The problem is you're championing a character that appeared in one episode in a series of 16 episodes. I also loved the three episodes you mentioned, so we must have similar taste.

It was just, y'know, the other 13 episodes...

Get bent.

• Mola_Ram 9 Apr 2013 13:24:55 7,717 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The season had some really strong episodes in the latter half. And, again, the writer of two of those episodes is in charge next season. So I am more than happy to keep watching, even if I question the decision to keep the Governor alive.
  • Page

of 108 First / Last