The Walking Dead - TV series (US pace) Page 78

• Page

of 116 First / Last

• captainrentboy 1 Apr 2013 17:30:50 1,112 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fucking hell AMC hyped that one up a bit unnecessarily didn't they? A load of nobodies died and a character that everyone was sick to death with anyway. I thought that "Popcorn would be falling our of my mouth, due to my jaw hitting the floor", hmm no :/
    And to think some fans were hoping this would be TWD's battle at Blackwater episode.
    Fucking huge letdown.
  • TOOTR 1 Apr 2013 19:39:53 9,652 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Walking Dead Finale : Lifeless.

Too soon?

BinaryBob101 wrote:
    The Danger Mouse reboot worries me a great deal.

• Whizzo 1 Apr 2013 20:48:53 43,375 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    A resolution to the Governor plotline would have been nice, effectively the show has been reset to the start of the season but with a bunch more people at the prison.

Seriously how the last two guys in the Governor's entourage didn't just look at each other then both open up on him is a complete mystery.

The show is a mess.

This space left intentionally blank.

• TheRealBadabing 1 Apr 2013 21:03:25 1,370 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    They were "soldiers" and his lieutenants so fear/respect/loyalty stopped them turning against him immediately.

Have to agree that I was disappointed his storyline didn't just end somehow. He will obviously be a part of next season but now as an annoying disruptive element as opposed to a real big bad.

No need to keep him around apart from ratings (and fuckwit focus groups) scoring him highly as a character, so yeah they are scrambling for syndication and it's getting to be a bit of a mess.
  • The-Bodybuilder 1 Apr 2013 21:24:19 14,451 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    I love how the bloodbath involved none of the Governors people getting killed.
    Erm, the bloodbath WAS the governor killing his own people?

Not as disappointed most.
    - I thought the issue of the prison was that it was a grim mess? Seems like they plan to do it up a bit and make it a proper home.

- Personally found the situation with Andrea rather interesting. Hate her all we like, at least it was a fitting end for her. I expected her to survive, so having her go was better.

- The attack on the prison seemed like a massive waste of the budget.

- Well people said the Gov'nor wasn't menacing enough. How about that?
    I can also see why they wouldn't want to get rid of him now, especially as he's only now truly gone over the edge.

- Having the Gov'na survive is also, woringly, a milking strategy. In all honesty, if the gov died, they wouldn't have much further to take it. Season 4 would surely have had to have been the last, now they feel they can milk it a bit more. Would rather it ended short but great than anything.

- Certainly not the cliff-hanger like what we got from previous seasons. Was hoping they would move on to finding out what happened with the zombies and the rest of the world. I guess that can come later.

- Felt more like the mid-season finale than the actual mid-season finale.
  • The-Bodybuilder 1 Apr 2013 21:27:28 14,451 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    Jesus, what did you lot expect? No pleasing some people.
    Don't say that over here, you'll get eaten alive (pun intended).

Not sure what people were expecting tbh. Big bangs? To kill the governor just when he became menacing (after spending months claiming he wasn't menacing enough)? Andrea to survive after hating her for months?

Doesn't touch on previous seasons, largely because this one ended with a bit of hope, and it's the lack of hope that gets me into TWD.

Also feel the added cast on the boss are clearly cannon fodder for next season so they can save more of the original cast.
  • The-Bodybuilder 1 Apr 2013 21:30:25 14,451 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    TheRealBadabing wrote:
    They were "soldiers" and his lieutenants so fear/respect/loyalty stopped them turning against him immediately.
    Indeed, not sure why people are surprised by this tbh. Throughout history bloodthirsty dictators have done similar things whilst their lieutenants, even when they disagree, stand by out of fear and simply not knowing what to do. Heck that still happens now in Africa.

It's not the most unrealistic thing on the show. Just sems like more nitpicking.

Carle seems to be turning back into a dick though.
  • oceanmotion 1 Apr 2013 21:35:11 16,129 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I expect the opening of next season will involve a lovely prison garden with all sorts of stuff being grown but can they find chickens for some eggs while Governor Fox is on the prowl. Find out next season on The Walking Dead.

Sure he will be killed off by the mid season break next time and some series of events will stop them returning to the prison closing that arc off so they are free to move on. They are not going to wipe out the prison full of kids, it will be prison farm happy place never to be seen again.
  • SFD 1 Apr 2013 21:41:33 513 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Bit of a letdown, but not as bad as the hardcore armchair critics are making it out to be.
  • Iain815 1 Apr 2013 21:49:28 441 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm hoping for a fabulous looking prison next series. The grey, grey, grey really does annoy me.
  • Mr-Brett 1 Apr 2013 21:49:45 12,897 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I didn't think it was that bad, the series has maintained the same 'ok but not great' level of quality ever since S2 started.

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• Tonka 1 Apr 2013 22:29:45 21,369 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The problem seems to be that people watch the "next week on the walking dead" and then fail to realise it's a trailer cut to entice and mislead.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Mola_Ram 1 Apr 2013 23:08:41 8,356 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I thought the episode was ok, basically. It didn't really feel like a season finale, and the governor really should have died. But there weren't any moments of outright stupidity, and there were a few twists in there.

Hope they get out of the prison soon, though.
  • Mr-Brett 1 Apr 2013 23:12:39 12,897 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The bit with Andrea in the chair annoyed me, mainly because she kept stopping to have an emotional chat. Yeah he's dying, that's very sad and all but he's also going to eat your face so maybe you could keep trying to get free at the same time?

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• ZuluHero 2 Apr 2013 00:13:36 4,351 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well i liked it. I'm happy to put my disbelief on suspension for 45 minutes to enjoy the ride.

/small voice
  • Deleted user 2 April 2013 00:20:08
    Tempted to stop watching it after this episode, it was daft daft writing.

Andrea has lived for a year or two with zombies and has CONSTANTLY showed aptitude when killing zombies yet her escape was filled with dramatic pauses. Daft.

Might just snuggle up under a blanket and re-read all the graphic novels and play the Telltale Games.

The governor should’ve killed the baby and everyone should be killed apart from a few (Rick, Carl, Glenn, Maggie and Tea Leaf)

Edited by lukejones at 00:21:48 02-04-2013
  • ZuluHero 2 Apr 2013 00:32:08 4,351 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thought we'd already established that it's deviated from the comics...
  • GuiltySpark 2 Apr 2013 00:58:58 6,470 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just to clarify, viewing this episode as a season finale, aka what every episode of this season has been leading up to, it was very, very poor. There was absolutely nothing satisfying about this episode. As an ending (of the series) it failed in nearly every respect.

As an episode in general, it was merely okay.

Get bent.

• GuiltySpark 2 Apr 2013 01:01:08 6,470 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    Jesus, what did you lot expect? No pleasing some people.
    A satisfying conclusion, following the build up of the past 15 episodes. Heck, one of the episodes, the one where Rick and the Governor sit down together, was nothing but build up.

How can you not see this?

Get bent.

• Megapocalypse 2 Apr 2013 01:04:19 5,526 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't that. Really didn't feel like a season finale. And I'd enjoyed this season too...
  • AcidSnake 2 Apr 2013 01:13:23 7,298 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well,I enjoyed it quite a lot...Not what I expected at all, but at least it wasn't as bleak as I'd feared...

It has been awhile since this show had any sort of happy ending...

Keeping the Gov around and another main character makes a famous death scene from the comics still possible...Though it deviating so much has now become a definite positive...

Can't wait to see the new people demand zombie deathmatches though...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Deleted user 2 April 2013 02:09:51
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    I love how the bloodbath involved none of the Governors people getting killed.
    Erm, the bloodbath WAS the governor killing his own people?
    The 'bloodbath' in question was actually literally brought up in dialogue by one of the Governors people as they fled back to their vehicles at the prison......... this was despite the fact that not one of them got killed thanks to a repeat of Glen and Maggie's master marksmanship when firing at human targets who are completely in the open.
  • Mola_Ram 2 Apr 2013 03:08:46 8,356 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah, they really are spackers when they're aiming at people. Sure, it's more difficult than headshotting slow zombies. But they had the higher ground, assault rifles, and the element of surprise. And didn't get a single hit.

I guess maybe they weren't trying to kill them? Just scare them off? I dunno.
  • Mola_Ram 2 Apr 2013 03:12:55 8,356 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Also... and I can't believe I'm saying this. But I liked the Andrea scenes in the episode. And not only because she got chomped on. It was well-acted, and I actually felt the teensiest bit sorry for her.

Still glad she's dead though.
  • Tonka 2 Apr 2013 06:23:02 21,369 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I would have loved it if they'd killed the Governor. I'm sick of that story arc is all. But I do think he's a better character in the TV-series than in the unmentionables.

Why the fuck did they decide to go back to the prison instead of Woodbury?

I like the turn this is taking. I want to see the TV series focus on the rebuilding of society rather than an endless trudge from place to place running into increasingly menacing villains.

With WWZ in the pipeline TWD could piggy back on the search and destroy and restoration stories a Zombicalypse can have.

Edited by Tonka at 06:24:55 02-04-2013

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• lordofthedunce 2 Apr 2013 06:55:58 381 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I predict the Governator to return next season and attempt to turn Rick's son to the dark side.
    Such a strange series. For all its possibilities I often find myself a bit bored. Still, I keep watching so they must be doing something right.
  • Page

of 116 First / Last