The Walking Dead - TV series (US pace) Page 77

• Page

of 104 First / Last

• GuiltySpark 26 Mar 2013 00:17:56 6,385 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That was a massive, massive step up; I really enjoyed that. I didn't catch who wrote/directed the episode but it just feels like a whole different league than some of the other episodes.

And as for the Governor winning in a fight, his opponent only has one arm! Although saying that, it does have a massive knife attached to it. I honestly thought the Governor would have let him live, biting to of his other fingers off is punishment enough, surely? : )

Edited by GuiltySpark at 00:19:17 26-03-2013

Get bent.

• cjb_bjc 26 Mar 2013 00:23:50 1,086 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Best episode of the show so far. Let's keep this rolling
  • GuiltySpark 26 Mar 2013 00:27:37 6,385 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Governor was used to his best effect here as well, instead of spouting exposition or detailing his plans to everyone, he was an absolutely vicious bastard - something he should have been from the start.

For the first time in a while, I can't wait til the next episode, which is saying a lot as it didn't even end on a cliffhanger.

Get bent.

• Mola_Ram 26 Mar 2013 00:56:35 7,386 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm fairly sure the guy who wrote it is the same one who wrote Clear, which imo was the best episode since the pilot.

And he's taking over as showrunner next season. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do when he doesn't have to write episodes for arcs he didn't design. Fingers crossed it will be consistently good when he is in control.
  • GuiltySpark 26 Mar 2013 01:07:06 6,385 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Doctor Who certainly got consistently better when Moffat took over, hopefully we will have the same result here.

Get bent.

• Tonka 27 Mar 2013 20:16:07 20,409 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Bit late to this episode. I really enjoyed it. Great way to handle Merle. I did not see that one coming. I really like Michonne and I think it's a good idea to give her more lines.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• oceanmotion 27 Mar 2013 20:54:10 15,938 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sad to see him go actually but good exit, made the episode. Some terrific scenes.

Michonne getting better as time goes on which is good as a few others are a bit grating this season.

Looking forward to the finale. No more silly Rick, one path now as it should have have been, duh, governor would kill you anyway choice.
  • Tonka 28 Mar 2013 06:18:13 20,409 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I can't wait for the Governor to bite the dust. So fed up with him.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Gambit1977 28 Mar 2013 07:49:56 9,651 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Tonka yup. Sadly, like most of the characters, his inconsistent behaviour makes him dull as.
    The consistent characters are the ones that actually 'work'. Unfortunately that's only Darryl, Carol and Hershel. Everyone else is so up and down.

Michonne, my favourite character in the books is finally getting some character at least.
  • Mola_Ram 28 Mar 2013 09:33:15 7,386 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Merle was a bit one-note too until an episode or two before he died.

In general, yes, it's the characters that have been the main problem with the series - the way they're written (or under-written - poor T-dog), and the way that they just seem do to things because the plot requires them to. The plot needs Andrea to be completely thick, so she is. The plot needs Rick to change his mind about Michionne and trust the Governor, so he does. The plot needs him to change his mind again, so he sees his dead wife again and somehow that makes him change his mind. The episode turned out fantastically, but that problem is still there.

But anyway, the new showrunner has pulled off a couple of great episodes as a writer. So I'm reasonably optimistic about the future!
  • PrivateFloyd 28 Mar 2013 10:03:20 4,131 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Il just pop this here, Toy Story and The Walking Dead exactly the same.

Goat is hungry.....

• kingnothing12 28 Mar 2013 10:05:25 556 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Weirdly I found this 'penultimate' episode rather boring, slow start, saggy middle then had to wait for the pay off at the end. Like alot of people of said, it's the incosistency in quality that is annoying me this season.

First half of this season was brilliant but I just don't feel as invested as I was which for me is a shame, still looking forward to the finale. So much more looking forward to watching the opener of Game Of Thrones than finishing this off though.
  • hilts 28 Mar 2013 17:18:22 125 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    fantastic!
    really enjoyed this episode, building up nicely to the finale
  • The-Bodybuilder 31 Mar 2013 22:16:25 14,198 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just watched it. Brilliant.
    I do agree that having Rich contemplate even giving Michonne away was just a bit of a moral time waster, and was there just for Merle to point out the fact that Rick was becoming just like the governor and himself (which was basically just to lead up to his speech).

Really sad about Merle leaving, as was hoping he would be able to redeem himself. The fact his plan, awesome as it was, didn't work, is only fair as even if it worked, he could never really be made to fit into the group without significantly changing what made him so good as a character.

I know most people have said the Governor hasn't been menacing enough (maybe in comparison to the comic, which I've never read), but I did find his antics with Maggie haunting. However it's clear that the damage to his eye and loss of daughter was meant to signify his own change. Him biting off Merle's finger then shooting him so he becomes a biter and is found was pretty twisted.

Lauryn Hill....err Michonne is actually becoming a character now, and a pretty cool one. Her calmness under any situation is awesome, and he resourcefulness.

I like the fact that of the last 2 pages of comments on the last episode, no one even bothered to acknowledge the whole "wedding" arc. I'm sure there was reason for it, I just didn't care for it. Just time wasting. Might as well stuck a couple of clips from season 2's "Sophiaaaaaa saga" during that time.
  • GuiltySpark 1 Apr 2013 09:09:42 6,385 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well guys, that was bollocks.

I actually can't think of one redeemable quality about this episode, other than the obvious.

What the fuck were they thinking?

Edited by GuiltySpark at 09:16:41 01-04-2013

Get bent.

• Gambit1977 1 Apr 2013 09:36:05 9,651 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They probably realised everyone was looking forward to game of thrones more :lol:

Just about to watch this uh oh
  • Mola_Ram 1 Apr 2013 09:43:54 7,386 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Let's all just be thankful that she is gone. Silver lining and all that.
  • Gambit1977 1 Apr 2013 10:30:03 9,651 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    A .44 that sounds like a pea shooter and ejects cartridges...amazing :lol:
  • midnight_walker 1 Apr 2013 10:45:45 1,976 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I feel like I'm missing something. Wouldn't it have been much easier for them to take over the town, rather than drag everyone all the way back to the prison?
  • Mola_Ram 1 Apr 2013 11:26:14 7,386 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I guess they thought the prison was easier to defend.
  • oldschoolsoviet 1 Apr 2013 11:51:21 5,478 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Gambit1977

Or the gun hitting the floor, limp hands an' that.

Cue a certain boogeyman element for the Guv' for the next series, that'll be awful. Probably.
  • Gambit1977 1 Apr 2013 11:59:38 9,651 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    @Gambit1977

Or the gun hitting the floor, limp hands an' that.

Cue a certain boogeyman element for the Guv' for the next series, that'll be awful. Probably.
    Listen to the pop and the cartridge noise, it's really clear.

Yeah, I agree on that guess.
  • Baihu1983 1 Apr 2013 12:02:13 3,431 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    That ending...so they just totally don't care about following the comics now days.
  • Mola_Ram 1 Apr 2013 12:02:54 7,386 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    No, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
  • Baihu1983 1 Apr 2013 13:03:48 3,431 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    In some ways yes but they tend to be changing characters too much to the point where people hate them [Lori,Andrea, Carl [season 1/2]...]
  • Mola_Ram 1 Apr 2013 13:25:43 7,386 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yes, well. We've been talking about the problems with the TV characters for a while now. But yeah, TV Andrea would probably be extra insulting to people who like her in the comics.

This thread isn't about the comics, so probably best not to go too far down that road. I do mostly agree, though.
  • Whizzo 1 Apr 2013 13:34:30 43,124 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I thought I was mistaken in thinking that was the final episode in the season for a while.

Very poor all around really.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Deleted user 1 April 2013 15:28:31
    That was pretty bad.

I love how the bloodbath involved none of the Governors people getting killed.

This show is the definition of wasted potential.
  • roz123 1 Apr 2013 15:47:00 7,113 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The foot/pliers bit was just awful
  • Page

of 104 First / Last