The Walking Dead - TV series (US pace) Page 69

• Page

of 104 First / Last

• TarickStonefire 11 Feb 2013 09:01:48 2,665 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm afraid I had to finally toss in the towel with this show this weekend, after being unable to sit through the last 10 minutes of episode 4 (the birth). I knew Sarah's death was coming, having read the books (although wasn't she bit in the books? I forget) but I'm just fed up of the relentlessly bleak tone, the terrible losses, the never-ending sense of doom. For some reason I enjoy the books and the game but this show started really well and just got so depressing, and throughout most of the second series, so slow.

It's probably the most realistic depiction of what happens in a zombie apocalypse yet. It's just also unbearably depressing. Shame, because it's so incredibly well made. But I stopped looking forward to the next episode a few eps into season 2 and I don't think I'll even bother any more.

Not slagging it off, just using the thread to share my experience. Good show. Just bnot for me any more :(

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• Tonka 11 Feb 2013 09:20:27 19,840 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That was a soul crushing episode. The following are much brighter. But I fear that ultimately everything is bound to go straight to hell.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Mola_Ram 11 Feb 2013 11:32:41 6,258 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Fucking hell I hope Andrea dies soon.
  • graysonavich 11 Feb 2013 11:33:43 6,807 posts
    Seen 2 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    When does the "new series" start up again?
  • Deleted user 11 February 2013 11:39:44
    Was on Yankee TV last night.
  • Gambit1977 11 Feb 2013 11:43:56 9,570 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Started again last night, going to watch this evening, and every episode I say those very words. She's so poorly written, awful actress and damned hateful.
  • Deleted user 11 February 2013 11:49:15
    Looks like its been on 'the usual places' for over 8hrs already.
  • graysonavich 11 Feb 2013 11:51:58 6,807 posts
    Seen 2 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ah right, thanks. Guess I'll take a look at the usual places when I finish work.
  • Mola_Ram 11 Feb 2013 11:59:38 6,258 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Started again last night, going to watch this evening, and every episode I say those very words. She's so poorly written, awful actress and damned hateful.
    She is the biggest goddamn moron on the show, particularly during this last season. How any smart person could stay in that town when they've seen the shit she's seen is beyond me.

There's a particularly awfully-acted and written scene of hers in the newest episode. Watch the episode and see if you can guess what scene I'm talking about.
  • TarickStonefire 11 Feb 2013 12:24:03 2,665 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    That was a soul crushing episode. The following are much brighter. But I fear that ultimately everything is bound to go straight to hell.
    Hmm. Ultimately everyone's fucked, I get that. I don't think the world is coming back from a zombie apocalypse! ;) When you say 'brighter', do you mean much more fun and less depressing? I deleted the whole lot in a bit of a rage-quit after I had to turn off ep 4 just as they cut her open.

It's weird, the older I get (I'm 37) the less entertained I am by stories of death and suffering and misery. Pretty much any show, documentary or movie that I know is going to be bleak or upsetting I just don't even bother with now, although I have no issues with games doing the same thing - seems like watching it acted out by real humans is too close to the bone. Life's too short to wilfully do that to yourself, it feels like. I took the first Black Mirror 2 off my 'must watch' list after I found out what it was about.

Weird, ten years ago I'd totally have loved it and thought it was the best telly *ever* for doing what they did in ep 4 of TWD. I still do admire it, but fuck putting myself through it! I felt the same after that show about the journo out in the Gulf, what was that called? That was so distressing and frustrating, I was in tears by the end.

I guess if anything this is an endorsement of how well made these shows are, if nothing else! ;)

Edited by TarickStonefire at 12:27:05 11-02-2013

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• Tonka 11 Feb 2013 12:40:43 19,840 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @TarickStonefire I agree about the "less entertained by stories of death and suffering" bit.

But they can't outbleak episode 4. What follows is more in line with previous episodes. Not cheery but not ... you havent seen all of ep 4 so you havent seen the really crushing bit.

I'm looking forward to seeing what's up this evening. And as for happy ending to a Zombiaclypse just read WWZ.

• Scurrminator Moderator 11 Feb 2013 13:38:42 8,293 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well that was a bit shit again. Sigh.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Gambit1977 11 Feb 2013 19:43:17 9,570 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    She is the biggest goddamn moron on the show, particularly during this last season. How any smart person could stay in that town when they've seen the shit she's seen is beyond me.

There's a particularly awfully-acted and written scene of hers in the newest episode. Watch the episode and see if you can guess what scene I'm talking about.
    Is it an 'inspirational' speech perchance?
    I was more stirred up by the 'next week on...' Than that :lol:
  • hilts 11 Feb 2013 19:51:12 123 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    agree she isnt great - seems to get worse by the episode - the main letdown in an otherwise great show. Hopefully next episode is more entertaining
  • Deleted user 11 February 2013 21:48:34
    ^ Bunch of moany old gits ^

Bloody excellent show returns with a quality episode = bitch, whine, groan.

Get over yourselves.
  • Gambit1977 11 Feb 2013 21:52:29 9,570 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    bdaggers wrote:

Get over yourselves.
    3/1 against mind ;-)
    Ep on a whole was quite good. Only Andrea and one other thing being a bit naff, but nothing's perfect
  • Mola_Ram 11 Feb 2013 23:24:04 6,258 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    bdaggers wrote:

Get over yourselves.
    Lol

Sorry, but it wasn't a great episode. Aside from andrea, there was far too much of people standing around yelling at each other. Which is partly what made season 2 a bit shit. I don't want it to go back to that.
  • GuiltySpark 11 Feb 2013 23:38:01 6,281 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    Oh it's an 'inspirational' speech all right.
    She was inspiring my face and my palm to meet.

Get bent.

• Tonka 12 Feb 2013 05:16:00 19,840 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I really like what they are doing with Andrea. To bad she can't pull it off. But the way she is being seduced by Woodbury is cool.

And as for why she's staying she said she liked the zombie fight show they put on. She's white trash.

• GuiltySpark 12 Feb 2013 08:43:56 6,281 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You like the way she is a complete idiot, and is easily seduced against her friends by a man who is clearly mad?

Her character is literally nothing, it doesn't really make any sense, her character is clearly a plot device and I'm not even sure what for.

Edited by GuiltySpark at 08:44:20 12-02-2013

Get bent.

• Mola_Ram 12 Feb 2013 10:07:34 6,258 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The people of Woodbury remind me of the townsfolk of South Park or Springfield. RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE YEEEESSS FIGHT TO THE DEATH RABBLE RABBLE AIEEEE WHO WILL SAVE US FROM THE ZOMBIES RABBLE RABBLE

I'm hoping for all of their deaths too.
  • Mola_Ram 18 Feb 2013 09:49:33 6,258 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    New additions to the death list:

Rick
    Glenn

Well, Glenn not so much, because he is (or at least was) my favorite character on the show. But his actions this episode make zero sense whatsoever. I hope he gets over whatever his problem is.

As for this episode... god, I thought they were going to spend another whole episode arguing and generally being stupid about everything. At least the last 10 minutes livened it up a bit. And there was mercifully little of Andrea.

But I'm going to be seriously pissed if Tyreese doesn't come back. Fucking hell, WHY WOULD YOU REJECT THAT GUY LOOK AT HOW AWESOME HE IS.
  • Scurrminator Moderator 18 Feb 2013 13:50:45 8,293 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    He'll be back.
    Having Rick and the gang move into the prison really didn't work out too well for the previous occupants did it!

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Mola_Ram 18 Feb 2013 13:55:16 6,258 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah. Just when I was beginning to like the guy / be concerned that he was a serial rapist or something.

But I guess the show has a redneck quotient in addition to the black person quotient. His days were numbered.
  • Scimarad 18 Feb 2013 15:07:51 8,501 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I liked that guy! :(

-edit-

Oh, it's EG - Better spoiler that...

Edited by Scimarad at 15:08:59 18-02-2013
  • Page

of 104 First / Last