The Walking Dead - TV series (US pace) Page 67

• Page

of 104 First / Last

• GuiltySpark 4 Dec 2012 08:53:15 6,386 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    @GuiltySpark Glenn is youthful and likes taking risks.
    The farmgirl is naive and "christian" (also the love interest of Carl)
    Andrea is not drinking the Kool Aid of the group (and she never has)
    I meant the other farmgirl, Glenn's squeeze. I can't remember her name to be honest, she's fairly hot though.

Get bent.

• Gambit1977 4 Dec 2012 08:56:40 9,666 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Maggie: naive, loving, strong, spunky...and hot!

Andrea - totally fucking annoying

The other one is circumstantial, window dressing if you please. In a show about the end of civilisation, they still need glorified extras.
  • AcidSnake 4 Dec 2012 09:00:33 7,268 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just quickly

homelessbaby wrote:
    Why has Michonne still not told the group her name?

I believe she has, IIRC Rick calls her by name at one point...

Why is she going out of her way to hurt the Governor as though the zombie apocalypse and people trying to kill you is personal?
    I thought she was looking for Andrea rather than the Governor with the Guv just being a happy coincidence...What I don't get is why she didn't just use Penny as a zombie shield to get the hell out of there...

Why did Glenn let Merle get so close when they had him at gunpoint?
    Maybe because he knew him? Anyway, plot point and pretty stupid, yeah...

Why is Glenn a coward in one scene and a badass the next?
    When is he ever a coward? Because he didn't charge at Merle who held a gun to his girlfriends head?

Why would Rick leave the prison protected by women, children and a guy he barely knows?
    Not much choice now is there? Was he supposed to leave Daryl and head out with one dude he barely knew and a crazy woman with a sword? Or leave Daryl but bring Carol who couldn't push over an empty vase by the look of her?

I'm enjoying this season a lot more than the last two and I don't think it's just down to action, it's down to tension...As far as not caring about the characters, like someone mentioned apart from Andrea and Axel I'd hate to see the other ones get hurt...
    Especially Daryl...Awesomeness distilled into human form there...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Tuffty 4 Dec 2012 09:06:14 1,586 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Glenn's covered himself in zombie guts to get out of walker-infested Atlanta and rappelled down a well in order to get a walker out of there. A coward he isn't. He's trepidatious and hesitant, but then anyone would be when put in the situations he already has gone through. But he always makes it his own decision to do the things he has to.

Edited by Tuffty at 09:07:25 04-12-2012
  • The-Bodybuilder 5 Dec 2012 08:34:55 14,199 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    Also, there's something about this show that just doesn't feel right. I don't know if it is bad acting or bad direction but there's just something amiss. It's hard to explain but it doesn't seem to have any (pretentious alert) soul compared to something like Lost or Breaking Bad.
    All your opinion. You're right, all rather pretentious too.
    If anything, the acting especially, and the directing has been top notch this season.
  • The-Bodybuilder 5 Dec 2012 08:37:30 14,199 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    I gave up on LOST mid season two so i might have missed something there and I've yet to see Breaking Bad. But as I've said I really feel for most of the characters in TWD. Every show now I think "No no no, no more deaths. OK, take the newbies and maybe Andrea but leave the rest of them alone".
    Lost nearly killed off my desire to watch TV dramas. After it, I didn't watch any TV drama till spartacus and TWD, as the ending of Lost scared my view of tv dramas.
    For all the love for Breaking Bad, I'm really trying my best to get into it. I'm on season 2, but I just have no desire to go any further. I just don't find it as gripping and thrilling. IMO, of course.
  • GuiltySpark 5 Dec 2012 08:46:08 6,386 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    Also, there's something about this show that just doesn't feel right. I don't know if it is bad acting or bad direction but there's just something amiss. It's hard to explain but it doesn't seem to have any (pretentious alert) soul compared to something like Lost or Breaking Bad.
    If anything, the acting especially, and the directing has been top notch this season.
    I know it's my opinion, I wrote it. But thanks, I guess.

Get bent.

• The-Bodybuilder 5 Dec 2012 08:49:59 14,199 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    homelessbaby wrote:
    Why has Michonne still not told the group her name?
    Well considering Neither Rick nor probably her planned for her to have any long-term future. As far as they're concerned, she was simply leading them to their people, and that's it. She could disappear afterwards for all they cared.

Why is she going out of her way to hurt the Governor as though the zombie apocalypse and people trying to kill you is personal?
    Err, at what point is people trying to kill you, especially when it isn't for any justifiable reason, not personal?

Why did Glenn let Merle get so close when they had him at gunpoint?
    Naive? It's why Merle knew it would work.

Why is Glenn a coward in one scene and a badass the next?
    What scene would that be? He was badass the moment they captured him. Heck, Merle specifically points out that he's always been fearless. Glenn was never a coward.

Why would Rick leave the prison protected by women, children and a guy he barely knows?
    He left it with Carl in charge, believing he could cope, which he did. Also part of Carl's own development.
    Besides, what exactly was he supposed to do? Just let Glenn and maggie die at the hands of the governor? Especially she he knows the governor would find out their location and probably come to kill them all if he didn't go back to get them?

Why is everything this season so rushed? On a show that had a better handle on characters we could have had a Ben Linus type episode with Michonne, maybe learned something about her other than she doesn't enjoy talking or blinking. Maybe we could have seen Daryl dealing with leaving the group to find Merle (I'm certain they'll escape and that whole ordeal will be forgotten as they deal with whatever the new problem is).
    Because this show isn't lost. For all your love of Lost, it had it's massive flaws. For all it's characters, it's point was stupid and nonesensical, leading to one of the most disappointing tv endings this side of battlestar galactica.
    Oh, and they tried the slowburner route in season 2. Everyone moaned.
    And IMO, one of the best seasons of lost was season 4, which was action-packed and fast. It's worst season (IMO), was season 3, which was all about character-development.

Pretty much anyone on The Walking Dead could die at this point and I would lose no investment because the show isn't even invested in them. What's the point of a zombie show without compelling characters? Apart from the bipolar way they wrote him as sympathetic or deranged depending on the episode, I loved Shane last season. I still think the episode where him and Rick hash things out is the best since the pilot. And then they killed him and decided they weren't gonna try anymore.
    Personally, I find Rick, Carl, Glenn, Maggie (she's hot) and Darryl as interesting characters, along with the governor and Merle. Michonne is stupid and annoying, but we'll see about her. Don't care for the rest though.

Edit: I see most of my points have already been covered.
    But your specific questions about certain points in the season are flawed. Most are answerable. Only person that is inconsistent it Michonne.

Edited by The-Bodybuilder at 08:54:21 05-12-2012

Edited by The-Bodybuilder at 09:21:19 05-12-2012
  • The-Bodybuilder 5 Dec 2012 08:55:45 14,199 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    The-Bodybuilder wrote:
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    I know it's my opinion, I wrote it. But thanks, I guess.
    I just think it's important to stress it's ones opinion, because this place has a habit of having people stress their opinions as it's a matter of fact. But yes, maybe I was somewhat defensive in nature in that reply.
  • Gambit1977 5 Dec 2012 08:58:07 9,666 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I loved lost, but to claim it had fantastically written characters is a bit far! They're all stereotypes of the highest order.
  • GuiltySpark 5 Dec 2012 08:59:23 6,386 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I like Rick, and Carl had the potential to be the worst character in the show but he does seem to be coming into his own or whatever the phrase is.

I like Daryl, but I dunno, he hasn't really had much character development since the whole "where do my loyalties lie?" saga from early on. Obviously that looks to change, but still.

It's definitely character moments that fall a bit flat for me. Like the revelation to Daryl that Merle is still alive didn't really have any impact for me.

I'd agree that most of the questions that homelessbaby posed are definitely answerable.

Get bent.

• GuiltySpark 5 Dec 2012 09:02:32 6,386 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    I loved lost, but to claim it had fantastically written characters is a bit far! They're all stereotypes of the highest order.
    Every character in every show can fit in a pigeon-hole somewhere. It's fairly unavoidable. It's about development, something which Lost did, for all its flaws, really fucking well.

You can't say that Sawyer, Ben, Jack and Locke were the same as they were going into the show than when they left it.

Anyway, ENOUGH LOST TALK.

Get bent.

• The-Bodybuilder 5 Dec 2012 09:06:02 14,199 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @AcidSnake I do think she was looking for the guv'na.
    She had no idea whether Andrea would be there, whereas she knew he definately would be there.

Plus sitting with your sword out is pretty telling of your intentions.
    But I still completely understand why she would want him dead.

Edited by The-Bodybuilder at 09:23:23 05-12-2012
  • Buztafen 5 Dec 2012 09:11:35 16,234 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If the Governor doesnt get a proper eye-patch i'm gonna send a turd to AMC.
  • The-Bodybuilder 5 Dec 2012 09:19:35 14,199 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    In regards to Lost; Only Ben (one of the best tv characters ever, played by an amazing actor), Locke, Sawyer, Desmond and Sayid were of any value. Then there was whatshisface? The scientist.

All the rest were pretty bland (Hurley was funny, but that's it). Jack was the worst, he was virtually pointless for 2-3 of it's 6 seasons, mopping around like a knob.
    And remember, Lost had 6 years to build it's characters. Technically, TWD only has a total of 2 seasons so far (season 1 was basically half a season, plus the current half of S3 and all of S2). I'm sure they'll develop people like Darryl even more so.
    By season 2, most people had given up on Lost, so TWD isn't doing too bad so far.

Edited by The-Bodybuilder at 09:25:02 05-12-2012
  • AcidSnake 5 Dec 2012 09:45:55 7,268 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @The-Bodybuilder:
    Yeah, I just assumed she had checked out their old apartment first and then headed straight for the Guv...

Something else I noted starting in episode 7 and this latest one is that someone has found Bear McCreary again, possibly boxed up at the end of season 2...All of a sudden there was some notable music in the background...
    The thumping rhythm was quite good...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• The-Bodybuilder 5 Dec 2012 10:04:31 14,199 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @AcidSnake YES, the music for the past 2 episodes has been amazing. Definately added to the tension. That thumping music is definitely a great soundtrack for me.

Glad I'm not the only one that noticed.

Edited by The-Bodybuilder at 10:05:07 05-12-2012
  • Tonka 5 Dec 2012 10:15:24 20,415 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    +1 to the thumping love

Only song I rememebr was that regulator by Clutch. (That they removed from Spotify, cnuts)

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• AcidSnake 5 Dec 2012 10:18:36 7,268 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Also remember in season 1 they used a bit from the Sunshine soundtrack...Very jarring...

• GuiltySpark 5 Dec 2012 20:13:17 6,386 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The opening credits are by the same people who did Seven's opening (and American Horror Story). It definitely shows.

Get bent.

• Deleted user 6 December 2012 07:28:28
    The bit where the GuvNor starts calling Ricks group 'Terrorists'

The wide shot of the town group, surrounding the fires, being scared of the outsiders, GuvNor putting fear into their hearts, with big walls surrounding the group. Pitch black out there.

Love how the show can draw parallels like that, talking about modern times and the fear of the other, all while in a Zombie infested drama.
  • Tonka 6 Dec 2012 07:30:56 20,415 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    They could use a bit more contrast....

• GuiltySpark 6 Dec 2012 07:46:03 6,386 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I cringed a bit when he mentioned terrorists (twice!) to be honest. Though I understand it's the Governor's way of keeping control, it felt a bit out of place and shoehorned in. I don't really think parallels like that are needed.

Get bent.

• Tonka 6 Dec 2012 08:18:15 20,415 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    True. I didn't think about it at the time but you're absolutely right. Should have called the raiders or looters. Terrorists in the post zombie apocalypse is really silly.

• HoriZon 6 Dec 2012 08:37:53 13,544 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Seeing Shane was kinda cool too even though it was only an hallucination.

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• Tonka 6 Dec 2012 10:59:11 20,415 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    They're real to me!

• localnotail 9 Dec 2012 20:24:52 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• glaeken 10 Dec 2012 11:15:00 11,174 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just got to end of this Friday and I have to agree it's much improved this series. They really do seem to have upped their game.

The only thing I was not too keen on was the gun fight in the finale felt a little A-Team. Loads of people with automatic weapons shooting at each other at short range and not hitting much. That was really it though. Everything else was great.
  • GuiltySpark 10 Dec 2012 11:21:04 6,386 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ah i said that about the gun fight. Everybody disagreed.

Get bent.

• Whizzo 10 Dec 2012 11:32:49 43,124 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The show really doesn't do gunfights very well at all, fortunately they don't happen too often.

Overly effective smoke grenades so Andrea wouldn't see who was attacking the town was another thing that was a bit daft.

This season is still a vast improvement on most of season 2 though.

Edited by Whizzo at 11:36:23 10-12-2012

This space left intentionally blank.

• Page

of 104 First / Last