The Walking Dead - TV series (US pace) Page 53

• Page

of 116 First / Last

• Derblington 19 Mar 2012 23:07:48 22,287 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Your favourite person's intro was terrible; it was like a tacky Battle Royale intro (which is cool in itself but in a way that TWD should never be). In fact, most of this episode and a lot of the last few have been totally rushed, and the budget for the show seems to have died. Either that or they're just less interested in quality for the sake of viewing figures now.

I genuinely think this has suffered since the mid-season break/Darabont's departure, with the exception of two episodes. The pacing before was slow, I'll not dispute it, but it was better series for it. Yes, they could have dealt with finding Sophia earlier but the payoff to that was excellent. Everything is glossed over now, including what should have been monumental events like Rick facing off against Shane, not a crappy scuffle in a field. Rick coming out with the secret was totally flat. The standoff over the walkers and the farm should have been spectacular... We got a burning barn, 2 people getting eaten, a mass panic from experienced zombie survivalists and retarded arguments about not going back to a meeting place in favour of everyone going it alone. It's like they're not writing the same show/characters anymore. Why would Lori freak out about Shane, she'd been orchestrating the showdown for weeks?

3 really needs to pick up the slack from this. Lots have happened in a short space of time but none of it seems to have any meaning.

Edited by Derblington at 23:09:35 19-03-2012
  • localnotail 19 Mar 2012 23:16:05 23,093 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I didn't think the intro was terrible, a little corny, perhaps, but it got two cheers from our sofa.

Maybe Lori freaked out because she actually wanted Shane to win, because Rick will always do what's best for all, whereas Shane would just have done what was best for her and Karl?

Compared to the other episodes I thought the finale was exciting, but maybe that's just because there were some dreadful ones earlier. And THEY FINALLY LEFT THE FARM!

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Scurrminator 19 Mar 2012 23:17:33 8,469 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Welcome to the dark side Derbs. I'm hopeful for series 3 but it will make or break it for me. Especially since after the story they're hinting at the comics go down hill really.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• HoriZon 20 Mar 2012 00:10:42 13,596 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Man I miss the farm already :(

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• Iain815 20 Mar 2012 02:15:52 441 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I had to laugh at Hershel's infinite ammo shotgun. Plus everyone's amazing ability to get perfect headshots from moving cars.

Good enough episode with the usual dodgy writing I've come to expect.
  • GuiltySpark 20 Mar 2012 03:09:25 6,466 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Derbs is right, nothing seems to have any meaning, or at least emotional meaning to it anymore. The Rick and Shane thing should have been a monumental moment in the show, it's literally been coming since episode 1, but it amounted to hardly anything.

Rick being a dick is fun, but it seems to have come from nowhere. I mean, I understand why he is being like that, I just don't feel it, if that makes sense.

Get bent.

• Tonka 20 Mar 2012 06:29:16 21,354 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Great episode. I really liked how they were in complete disarray when the horde hit them. Serves them right for not prepping the farm/making plans etc.

I think it's unfair to criticize them for their expert marksmanship and then criticize again when they start acting like humans. Either or.

The marksmanship and magic shotgun were silly though.

I'm not over the moon about the final shot. I was hoping they would skip that story arc. I think Mihone was introduced well. My old Iaido trainer would probably agree with the "get the blood of the sword shake" but I doubt he would approve of it's effectiveness.

Nice end to an (over all) good season. Too bad they're setting themselves up for another slow start next season.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• AcidSnake 20 Mar 2012 08:42:25 7,297 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Surprised so many survived the attack to be honest, but a good episode...

A huge WTF indeed at Lori's reaction to Rick admitting to killing in self defence...

And I know many must like the new character a lot and I'll admit he/she looks pretty badass but it does seem a bit too much out there for the show..."Prepare for the arrival of Lord Vader" or something...I guess the two neutralised zombies on chains are useful for some reason they'll explain but what's with the get-up? That hood can't be useful, can it? It seemed a bit too much like a comic book move (and yes I am aware of TWD's origins)...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Tonka 20 Mar 2012 09:03:38 21,354 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The zombies give off zombie smell and the hood is rubbed with zombie gore. All so that the person can move around without being attacked.

Then there's the added layer of coolery.

Edited by Tonka at 09:03:59 20-03-2012

• Derblington 20 Mar 2012 09:37:45 22,287 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    She's introduced far better through comic panels, and the reason for the sword is so daft it's cool. It doesn't work very well on screen, imo, they tried to play something visually "cool" and mysterious and it just doesn't fit the world they've created. It turned it into a tacky geek show.

Hershel's shotgun wasn't magic. You do see him stop to reload at one point and there's enough time focusing on the women behind him that he could easily be reloading every 6 shots or so.
  • Psychotext 20 Mar 2012 09:44:36 55,032 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I count 18 shots in a row without a reload. :p

He does reload twice though, once after the 18 shots and once just as Rick turns up.
  • AcidSnake 20 Mar 2012 09:47:04 7,297 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Tonka:
    Ah great, at least there's a reason for it...Just found it a bit weird sacrificing peripheral vision just to look menacing...

So, my predictions for season 3 plot (having never read the comics)
    That prison is controlled by this one dude with hooded dude/chick as his right hand...They slowly kill the prisoners off for food and can last quite a long time behind the walls...Rick opposes but obviously it's accept it or get kicked out/eaten...
    Lori will sleep with everyone, the baby will be born and it'll be T-Dog's...Carl will wander next to the bars of every cell with child molesters in...Daryl will put up his tent just outside the prison...Carol will die in some unrelated stupid zombie incident...
    Andrea will try to join hooded person...Maggie will be given to the prisoners for fun, Herschel collapses and Glenn chickens out...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Scurrminator 20 Mar 2012 10:03:40 8,469 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The zombies also have no arms or jaws so they can't bite her :-)
    Think I'm gonna go back and read the comics to remind myself how awesome they are.

• AcidSnake 20 Mar 2012 10:19:54 7,297 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Scurrminator:
    Yeah I noticed that too, that wasn't the part that bothered me, rather the part that you can only see what directly in front of you on the ground...
    But should it ever rain then trying to run from zombies with two of them chained to you isn't easy (seeing as rain cleans you up)

• localnotail 20 Mar 2012 10:31:33 23,093 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ah, but psychotic badasses with killer katanas don't need to run from anyone ;)

Edited by localnotail at 10:31:49 20-03-2012

• dominalien 20 Mar 2012 10:33:11 7,065 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I haven't seen the last episode yet, but I don't think I'll be watching this come season 3 any more.

PSN: DonOsito

• Deleted user 20 March 2012 10:47:12
    It's a shame they sacked Frank Darabont when they did, you should track down an interview where he gives his vision on S2 and where he would have taken it.
  • neilka 20 Mar 2012 11:04:41 16,531 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The problem is that it's very easy to have a vision that sounds great when you don't have to make it or pay for it.

BAAANG!!!!! EXPLOTION!!!!!

• Scurrminator 20 Mar 2012 11:14:43 8,469 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I liked his original idea for the first episode of season 2.
    It was all about how the soldier in the tank from episode one got there. A whole episode about the world being over run - sounded awesome. Now it will never happen.

• Tonka 20 Mar 2012 11:25:53 21,354 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Stories about the world being run over by Z's are a dime a dozen though. Give me a story about the world after it has come back to semi normal.

A bit like Zone One but without the whiny pretentiousness.

• Deleted user 20 March 2012 12:12:08
    Episode was silly. Ninja warrior Michonne was cheesy, all of the scattered peeps arriving at exactly the same time just as Rick decided to abandon the highway was cheesy and the people who died didn't have names as fair as i was concerned.

Infinite shotgun was hilarious, everyone walking backwards into zombies was hilarious, Lori getting annoyed at Rick doing what she wanted was hilarious.

The entire show is just so incredibly poorly written and produced.

Edited by spudsbuckley at 12:16:29 20-03-2012
  • Lukey__b 20 Mar 2012 13:27:26 3,716 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well I enjoyed it. I do think they can't pull off a climax though.

Sophia dragged on for ages and I ended up not really caring when she was found.

The Randal thing was dragged on and brought up again and again; save him, kill him, cut his leg off, kill him, save him, let him go, kill him, save him, kill him, let him go, killed him.

Shane and Rick thing was coming since the first series and then Shane made the plan, tried to pull it off and was killed within 10 minutes. And that was that.

I think it is about time Rick told them all to shut up or piss of though. Especially Carol, she needs a good slap........ Sorry :/

'Sup, what's guanine?

• Deleted user 20 March 2012 16:04:59
    Also, the actress who plays Maggie should be fired for her performance in the car after her and Glen escaped.

Astonishingly poor acting.
  • monkehhh 20 Mar 2012 21:52:32 3,516 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I just don't think it's turned out to be a very well thought-out or put-together TV show. Overall though, I like it. I'll still watch it though as the subject matter is interesting, and the many problems don't really turn me off.
  • localnotail 20 Mar 2012 21:59:15 23,093 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm happy as long as there are many zombies being destroyed by a variety of means.

• Blaizefm 20 Mar 2012 22:12:29 232 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I enjoyed it. I don't know why we complain about TV when it's as good as this.
  • BinaryBob101 20 Mar 2012 22:22:12 24,431 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Jesus, I misread your name as blize then.

/feels a bit funny

Anyway, good finale. Magic shotgun, yeah, but who really gives a shit about logic breakdown here and there when it's a bloody Zombie show. Too much time on the farm, but they're off now to the prison.

Michonne's entrance was pretty cool and I'm much happier now in the knowledge that she won't be played by Tara from True Blood at all, but by Danai Gurira from The Wire and Treme. David Morrissey could be all kinds of badass too.

I have a feeling season three will be the strongest yet.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• Khanivor 20 Mar 2012 22:52:28 41,262 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    Also, the actress who plays Maggie should be fired for her performance in the car after her and Glen escaped.
    I was surprised to find out the actress wasn't Australian, as her accent sounded more like an Aussie one so often. I mean, FFS, Rick's southern accent sounds a lot better and he's English. Being a Yankee might put you at a disadvantage to do a southern accent but not as much as being from a totally different country, ya'd think.
  • Psychotext 21 Mar 2012 02:36:30 55,032 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just started reading the comic. Have got to the exact same place as the series and now I'm wondering if I should stop.
  • Tonka 21 Mar 2012 06:39:33 21,354 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    I'm happy as long as there are many zombies being destroyed by a variety of means.
    Yes, a big fat plus one to that.
    I'm still somewhat overwhelmed by the fact that there is a zombie themed tv-series with a somewhat decent budget and it's getting greelighted for a third season.

• Page

of 116 First / Last