yellow light of death!!!!!

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • mcclaine 2 Aug 2009 17:21:44 9 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    iv just received the ylod, so i thought i would phone sonys ever helpful help line they want
    145 to replace something that they know is a commen fault how wrong is that????
    anger vented time to start selling games so i can afford a new console!!!!!!
  • Aretak 2 Aug 2009 17:26:49 10,365 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    http://www.eurogamer.net/forum_thread_posts.php?thread_id=141167
  • mcclaine 2 Aug 2009 18:04:08 9 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    my ps3 was a launch 1 iv tried the whole holding the power button and wiping the hard drive there just is no life im gutted it feels like my arm has been chopped off!!!!!
  • Psychotext 2 Aug 2009 18:08:29 54,391 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Welcome to the party pal.
  • ShinigamiRyuk 3 Aug 2009 10:48:52 27 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I can fix this pm me if you need help.
  • Venkman90 3 Aug 2009 11:05:49 4,430 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    rodpad wrote:
    No shit, lady! Do I sound like I'm ordering a pizza?!

:D

Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs!
  • joemacval 4 Aug 2009 11:46:41 11 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    YLOD for my 60Gb on Saturday(bought December 2007).

Phoned Sony Playstation Careline, who told me it most definately wasn't a common problem and I had to pay 145. I asked to speak to a supervisor, who said the same thing and then the head office, who said the same thing. Blatant lying. They have specific answers for anything you say, like robots. They tell me word of mouth and forums aren't good enough for this information. What do they want? - royal blessing of my information - they know too well it is a problem! They seem to be waiting it out to seee if will pass.

I can only hope they soon get news items concerning this. Or Watchdog. I sent my problem to watchdog. If enough people do this it will get on. Go to GOTASTORY on their website.
  • mcclaine 4 Aug 2009 22:16:34 9 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    iv just sold my broken ps3 for 90 which is going towards my new 80 gig ps3 on friday, i thought rather then buying a refurbed console from sony with a 3 month warranty i would just pay double and get a 3 year warranty from argos job done, if this 1 fails i will be going back to xbox!!!
  • stephenb 4 Aug 2009 22:19:18 2,749 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Venkman90 wrote:
    rodpad wrote:
    No shit, lady! Do I sound like I'm ordering a pizza?!

:D

Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs!

Shoot ze glass!

PSN : v--WEDGE--v

• Jeepers 4 Aug 2009 22:20:54 13,183 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Welcome to the party pal.

If this is gonna be that kind of party, I'm gonna stick my dick in the mashed potatoes!
  • joemacval 5 Aug 2009 09:47:58 11 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sent in information about YLOD to Watchdog and they phoned me up the next day, so I gave them more details. So if more people do this, I'm sure it will get on Watchdog and then Sony can't ignore it.
  • kskristinesmith 5 Aug 2009 09:50:26 1 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Post deleted
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 5 Aug 2009 09:55:56 38,614 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Now I have a machine gun. Ho ho ho.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Xerx3s 5 Aug 2009 10:46:44 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kskristinesmith wrote:
    woke up this morning...turned on the ps3, web browsed a bit and the system just shut off...i said to myself "thats weird" and turned it back on, only to see that the yellow light of death had plagued my ps3

Kristine
    fast slim

I have to say, that's the smartest planet I've seen so far.
  • Deleted user 11 March 2012 21:32:19
    My PS3 has just died. It is the first time a Playstation has ever died on me. I left a DVD (yes a DVD) on pause, and the machine turned itself off.

I re booted the machine, and all was well, except it did state I had turned off the machine incorrectly, which I hadn't, as the machine had turned itself off ;)

On attempting to re boot, the red light kept on flashing and would not eject the DVD.

I Googled the problem and discovered a way to eject the DVD.
    Switch off the PS3 at the rear of the machine
    Hold the Eject button + Switch machine on.
    The fan spins really fast, and ejects the DVD / Blu-ray

Great I thought. So I attempted to re boot the machine. The red light still flashes, then flashes yellow, then refuses to do anything.

I've found this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_Ic1_TY-GU&feature=related

has anyone else here attempted this sefl repair ?
  • Deleted user 12 March 2012 07:28:09
    If my self repair dosn't work out, then I just might call it a day with regards to this Gen. That would mean missing out on The Last of Us, and The Last Guardian. I'll just go out an buy a Blu-ray player, and dig out my Playstation 2 and Sega Saturn :)

Edited by blacksea at 07:28:30 12-03-2012
  • mistachicken 12 Mar 2012 13:28:05 4 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Jeepers
    because you can't and won't and you don't stop ? hmm?
  • Deleted user 12 March 2012 21:05:54
    Billy_Sastard wrote:
    I did the blow drier trick but I melted the casing to some form of gloopy mess, I had to bin it, it worked in a fashion but looked a right mess so in the rubbish it went. :(
    The guy in the video states: 2:16 (PS3 YLOD Fix Part 2 of 3)
    No, you cannot use a hairdryer, as it does not get hot enough.
  • crispyduckman 15 Mar 2012 13:46:01 1,884 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hey, I just got a flashing red light on my old 60GB model and it won't turn on. Any fixes or is it dead? Obviously it's well out of warranty.

It happened about 20 seconds into my first ever play of ICO too! I presume this isn't a known issue?

PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin: crispyduckman

• Deleted user 2 April 2012 20:51:38
    blacksea wrote:
    My PS3 has just died. It is the first time a Playstation has ever died on me. I left a DVD (yes a DVD) on pause, and the machine turned itself off.

I re booted the machine, and all was well, except it did state I had turned off the machine incorrectly, which I hadn't, as the machine had turned itself off ;)

On attempting to re boot, the red light kept on flashing and would not eject the DVD.

I Googled the problem and discovered a way to eject the DVD.
    Switch off the PS3 at the rear of the machine
    Hold the Eject button + Switch machine on.
    The fan spins really fast, and ejects the DVD / Blu-ray

Great I thought. So I attempted to re boot the machine. The red light still flashes, then flashes yellow, then refuses to do anything.

I've found this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_Ic1_TY-GU&feature=related

has anyone else here attempted this sefl repair ?
    Succes! It took a while to strip the Playstation 3 down to just the PCB board. I did the whole electric blown torch routine, went and made dinner to make double sure the thing had cooled down before re assembly. Bingo! the thing booted up fine. I'll leave it swithced on for a couple of hours to see it its stable, and then I can install CoD Black Ops.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next