Sam Raimi's Spartacus Page 21

• Page

of 22 First / Last

• Psychotext 7 Apr 2013 01:51:05 55,057 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Given how much they all loved backstabbing each other it wouldn't surprise me if it was all horseshit, carefully written to make certain families look as inept as possible. :)
  • Trane 7 Apr 2013 22:50:52 4,059 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    FUCK OFF NAVEA I THOUGHT THEY'D KILLED YOU.

My god, I've never hated a TV character quite so much. Good episode apart from that, loved the nods to blood and sand.
  • captbirdseye 8 Apr 2013 00:14:05 5,494 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    TheRealBadabing wrote:
    captbirdseye wrote:historical accounts
    why Spartacus started all this.
    Historical accounts are written by the victors, or at least those that can hold a quill. For all we know the slave revolt was really started by a bunch of male models and perk-breasted lovelies.

Trying to say that this is a less accurate account than the official records is just as ridiculous as saying the Roman version is the absolute truth. Nothing of the true story has survived intact.

The whole series is a load of fun and anyone trying to snipe at it from an "historian's" perspective is an idiot.
    Easy tiger! Not having a go at the show, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure the 'fun' part, but just find it interesting that they've tweaked a few things about what we kinda of know about Spartacus (historical accounts was probably a wrong term to use).

Be sad when this finishes but for me the show hasn't been the same without Whitfield :(
  • TheRealBadabing 8 Apr 2013 00:46:24 1,370 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah sorry, that reads like I was over-reacting a bit.

Been a fun ride but I'm almost happy the series is drawing to a close. The first season was a breath of fresh air but recently they aren't even trying to hide the "(1 x sex scene + 1 x big fight + gore)/slowmo = episode" formula.
  • Mola_Ram 8 Apr 2013 01:59:19 8,329 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah, there's barely an excuse for a sex scene anymore. Caesar talks to some random girl about his plans, then TITS. Wooo!

Not that I would have it any other way!
  • Megapocalypse 8 Apr 2013 19:08:35 5,526 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    How the fuck is Navea still alive!? It made no sense for Crasus to let her live just to deliver a message. He could have at least maimed her a bit first or something. Was actually hoping that Tiberius would win.
  • Darth_Flibble 8 Apr 2013 20:06:42 1,783 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fuck historical accuracy, they should do "inglorious bastards" for the ending and have spartcaus & the slaves win
  • Buztafen 9 Apr 2013 10:46:30 16,532 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ive said it before and i'll say it again...if Gannicus dies, i will blub my eyes out. :(

Spartacus - "Gannicus was the only Gladiator among us that earned his freedom!"

Everyone - "That's because he's the toughest son of a bitch this side of Boromir! You big nancy puffta!"
  • Errol 9 Apr 2013 10:50:16 12,562 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Spartacus survived the pits. He's just as tough. Just with a more raw, brutal side to him.
  • Buztafen 9 Apr 2013 10:53:01 16,532 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I know, i know...but at least Gannicus does his killing with a smile on his face and wine in his belly! :)

#Gannicrush
  • The-Bodybuilder 10 Apr 2013 11:18:36 14,446 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Gannacus is the Federer of the Gladiators, whilst Spartacus is he Nadal (before crapy knees). Gannacus just oozes technical brilliance.

Great episode. Nivea is annoying (it actually makes sense to not kill her, considering they took 500 others into captivity as well), but it's quite clear she was selected because she looks like a fighter (what with her permanent angry face). Only time she looked anything near worthy was when fighting Tiberius.

Bit disappointed in Tiberius' death. Was hoping for a more fitting, Ashur-like death.

IMO, this has been one of th best TV shows. I think most of the issues with it are just familiarization (even in season 1, there were random reasons for sex, such as "Crixus, come over here, I want to shag you").
    Only the previous season dipped a little (but went up half way through), whigh gods of the arena being my personal fav.

Shows with an actual set story-arc always work well.
  • Big-Swiss 10 Apr 2013 11:24:58 8,249 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I am waiting to finally be able to order the next season, but it seems to take forever. weird.

I saw the Spartacus first season blood and sand and then the prequel gods of the arena. i really love this series, just wish I could finally watch the new stuff too.
  • Big-Swiss 10 Apr 2013 12:01:01 8,249 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    naveia is hated?

wow, didn't see that one coming, I thought it was cruel when she and Crixus couldn't be together and then when discovered was sent off etc.

I felt bad for those two.......
  • Trane 10 Apr 2013 12:03:06 4,059 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I hate her, she is a twat. Her character is a twat, and she only has one expression, that of a twat.

Edited by Trane at 12:03:19 10-04-2013
  • Big-Swiss 10 Apr 2013 12:05:30 8,249 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    interesting.......

did you allready hate her in blood and sands too, or just afterwards?
  • Trane 10 Apr 2013 12:06:17 4,059 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nope, the original actress was fine.
  • Big-Swiss 10 Apr 2013 12:06:55 8,249 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ah ok, then I have to wait to see what you see.

I am looking forward to it.........
  • Trane 10 Apr 2013 12:09:46 4,059 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Why would you look forward to it :D

She becomes an annoyance, if you couldn't tell from my posts ;)
  • Big-Swiss 10 Apr 2013 12:13:29 8,249 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    God!!!!! you island boys always have to be so precise with me. Half the time it is so logical what I mean, but nope, they quote word for word;))

I meant I'm lookign forward to the new seasons in general, and then while I'm enjoying them, I will experience why Naveia is the new Maggie Thatcher.
  • Trane 10 Apr 2013 12:16:35 4,059 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Haha. The new seasons are pretty good, they never reach the heights of B&S or GotA, but they are enjoyable folly none the less.
  • Syrette 10 Apr 2013 21:43:04 44,308 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Big-Swiss wrote:
    I am waiting to finally be able to order the next season, but it seems to take forever. weird.

I saw the Spartacus first season blood and sand and then the prequel gods of the arena. i really love this series, just wish I could finally watch the new stuff too.
    Why don't you download it?

• Syrette 10 Apr 2013 21:45:27 44,308 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Trane wrote:
    Did you miss the whole massive storyline about rescuing her and how she'd suffered? As in, why she's so miserable? She's permanently angry for a reason. Not a fault of the actress.

• Trane 10 Apr 2013 23:23:57 4,059 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Trane wrote:
    Did you miss the whole massive storyline about rescuing her and how she'd suffered? As in, why she's so miserable? She's permanently angry for a reason. Not a fault of the actress.
    No I didn't miss it. The character is one dimensional and the actress is shit.
  • Mola_Ram 13 Apr 2013 06:24:34 8,329 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    God dammit, fuck you history :-(
  • Scurrminator 13 Apr 2013 08:54:53 8,472 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wow. That was brilliant! One of the best finale episodes I've seen. They're usually a big let down!

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• oldschoolsoviet 13 Apr 2013 10:01:40 5,555 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Very nicely done, and a fitting credit sequence starring all and sundry.

Was always worried about the sense of scale, the big battles during this season, and they pulled it off with ease. Can't also stop thinking about how much Whitfield would've shone and revelled in these latter episodes, but McIntyre has done a sterling job, much improved over the previous season.

Sad to see it end, and a big comically gratuitous violent void is all that remains. :(
  • Psychotext 13 Apr 2013 20:57:52 55,057 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I waited right until the end and I wasn't disappointed. Fair play to the producers.
  • Trane 13 Apr 2013 21:01:03 4,059 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Superb finale aye.
  • Page

of 22 First / Last