Ridley Scott's Prometheus (spoilers within) Page 2

• Page

of 116 First / Last

• Deleted user 31 July 2009 09:38:18
    Bloodkult wrote:
    From the wiki:

director Ridley Scott expresses the opinion that a film exploring the backstory of the Space Jockey would be an interesting direction for the series to take.

I don't care either way. The only Alien film I liked was the Jean-Pierre Jeunet one.
    Banning order please!
  • BinaryBob101 31 Jul 2009 09:40:58 24,427 posts
    Seen 48 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I don't think Sigourney's on for this one. Late last year she was discussing ways of bringing Ripley back to the screen without any Aliens. The non-starter of a movie would focus on her character exclusively as a woman who had lived may lifetimes and how that would affect her psyche. Kind of a "Chronicles Of Ripley". She's just not that bankable anymore as a star presence.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• daz_john_smith 31 Jul 2009 09:42:40 1,636 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bloodkult wrote:
    From the wiki:

director Ridley Scott expresses the opinion that a film exploring the backstory of the Space Jockey would be an interesting direction for the series to take.

I don't care either way. The only Alien film I liked was the Jean-Pierre Jeunet one.

I'm so furious right now.

Jean-Pierre Jeunet is a very good director and Joss Weadon is a good writer, but Alien Resurrection is an abomination of AvP proportions.
  • tombo 31 Jul 2009 09:44:02 2,100 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    There's a funny thread title on the IMDB page for this 'Untitled Alien Prequel':
    'Sigourney Weaver will Reprise His Role as Ellen Ripley?'
  • Deleted user 31 July 2009 09:44:46
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    MrED209 wrote:
    Prequel, crispy.
    Hollywood. I'm pretty sure they'd find some shite way of shoehorning her in there somewhere.
    Yeah, exactly, that's what I'm saying.

This is about the prequels, someone wondered if that meant Ripley wouldn't be in it and you said, "Of course, she died in the last one." - implying that because she'd died in the last one, she wouldn't be in this one, apparently missing the fact we're talking prequels and her status in the last film means nothing.

Have you been drinking?
  • MyAfroAndMe 31 Jul 2009 09:45:53 610 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bloodkult wrote:
    From the wiki:

WTF x 1000.

Aliens and Alien rule. Alien 3 is up and down. Alien 4 is bollocks.
  • daz_john_smith 31 Jul 2009 09:46:19 1,636 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If this prequel is going to cover the story of the 'Space Jockey', I wonder how they'll shoehorn humans into the plot.
  • Deleted user 31 July 2009 09:51:26
    I almost hope they don't.

Ridley's first animated film, and it'd be adult and highly realistic... take that, Jimmy Cameron!
  • Demikaze 31 Jul 2009 09:52:50 6,702 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I watched Aliens the other day and forgot that not much actually happens.

I like that - it's very slow and deliberate. There are hardly any action scene, really and, as Cameron himself said, they only had a the budget for something like three suits so you only get fleeting glimpses of the Aliens and it's mostly all implied that there are hundreds of the buggers scurrying about.

Also, some ammunition blows up killing six of the corp in one go. That's deadlier than any alien in the film. Bit of an odd decision to take.

Also, what's with the speed of the aliens in games like Alien vs. Predator. They're not lightning fast, are they? They can climb walls, etc, but they're not cheetahs.
  • Buztafen 31 Jul 2009 09:56:50 16,531 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This news has made an otherwise standard friday into a fucking awesome friday!

Demi, they are lighting fast. Theyre just sneaky fuckers in Aliens innit ;). Check out Alien 3, granted the the Alien in that has taken on the some physical characteristics of a dog seen as it was born from one, but you see what i mean.
  • Demikaze 31 Jul 2009 09:59:08 6,702 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Buztafen wrote:
    This news has made an otherwise standard friday into a fucking awesome friday!

Demi, they are lighting fast. Theyre just sneaky fuckers in Aliens innit ;). Check out Alien 3, granted the the Alien in that has taken on the some physical characteristics of a dog seen as it was born from one, but you see what i mean.

That's the thing - Alien/Aliens, they're quite deliberate in their actions. In Alien 3, it's taken on some dog traits (in the director's cut, it's an Ox - which puts a new spin on it). It depends on the host - that's why Alien Resurrection seemed a bit incongruous. They all seemed super super agile, yet the hosts were human.
  • Deleted user 31 July 2009 10:04:26
    Bloodkult wrote:
    Aliens 1-3 are all the same film, and they're all shit and boring.

Aliens 4 had underwater Spacemonsters and gloopy clones.

Well, that pretty much cemented your status as incompatible with the thread.
  • BanjoMan 31 Jul 2009 10:05:38 13,730 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DAN O'BANNON WHERE ARE YOU?!

PSN: BanjoFett
    XBL: Banjo Fett

• Deleted user 31 July 2009 10:09:21
    Apparently he's writing this. According to IMDB.

He also had a hand in the AVP films, so shame on him.
  • daz_john_smith 31 Jul 2009 10:13:59 1,636 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    squarejawhero wrote:

He just gets credited on any Alien related movie because he created the characters for the original concept.
  • LeoliansBro 31 Jul 2009 10:14:32 44,957 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    AVP wouldn't have been a bad film if it didn't totally trash the source films' lore. Predators only come in the hottest summers - Predator and Predator 2: check. AVP - let's go to the fucking Arctic. Aliens on Earth would be an unimaginable disaster. Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien 4: check. So let's have them having been here all the fucking time.

And don't get me started on aliens as pets, a 30 minute turnaround for gestation and growth, Bishop coming back in a present day setting and the tedious prettyboys that otherwise populate this film.

Requiem was worse though.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Deleted user 31 July 2009 10:20:12
    MrED209 wrote:
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    MrED209 wrote:
    Prequel, crispy.
    Hollywood. I'm pretty sure they'd find some shite way of shoehorning her in there somewhere.
    Yeah, exactly, that's what I'm saying.

This is about the prequels, someone wondered if that meant Ripley wouldn't be in it and you said, "Of course, she died in the last one." - implying that because she'd died in the last one, she wouldn't be in this one, apparently missing the fact we're talking prequels and her status in the last film means nothing.

Have you been drinking?
    No, it's just the hollywood way, if they can't get the original character in they'll probably throw a distant relative, maybe her gran or something.
  • LeoliansBro 31 Jul 2009 10:21:33 44,957 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'd like to think Scott's prescence will lend a certain integrity to the project and steer it clear of shit like that.

• BanjoMan 31 Jul 2009 10:22:17 13,730 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    daz_john_smith wrote:
    squarejawhero wrote:

He just gets credited on any Alien related movie because he created the characters for the original concept.
    Yeah that's just like Bob Kane's Batman clause.

PSN: BanjoFett
    XBL: Banjo Fett

• Demikaze 31 Jul 2009 10:22:36 6,702 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I don't know how Requiem managed to be worse.

I can't quite fathom how they consistently fuck up a much beloved franchise with so much potential. You can literally go anywhere with it - you know how we got a glimpse of the future at the beginning with the Gateway station et al? Why not expand upon things like that? Have a well-realised future and then have the Aliens run amok.

Instead, we've had Haunted House (Alien), Vietnam War Movie in Space (Aliens), Prison (Alien 3), Shittier Haunted House (Alien Resurrection), The Arctic (AvP), and then a Tiny Village Invasion (AvP2). That last one is the worst purely because it was crying out for larger scope.
  • shamblemonkee 31 Jul 2009 10:23:44 14,655 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    there is no avp, there is no avp! there is no avp, THERE IS NO AVP! THERE IS NO AVP! THERE IS NO AVP!
  • LeoliansBro 31 Jul 2009 10:24:08 44,957 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The aliens and the predators went the way of the Borg - from all conquering unstoppable inhuman menace to being taken down by children.

• Demikaze 31 Jul 2009 10:25:13 6,702 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    shamblemonkee wrote:
    there is no avp, there is no avp! there is no avp, THERE IS NO AVP! THERE IS NO AVP! THERE IS NO AVP!

Care to join me in a bit of make-shift prefrontal labotomy? It'll numb the trauma.

It's the only way to be sure.
  • MyAfroAndMe 31 Jul 2009 10:25:42 610 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That last AvP was guff yet strangely watchable.
  • Buztafen 31 Jul 2009 10:26:55 16,531 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ^MEDIC!
  • LeoliansBro 31 Jul 2009 10:27:12 44,957 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    :D

• Buztafen 31 Jul 2009 10:28:29 16,531 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    AVP was strangely watchable...atleast it had a queen in it...though i was drunk last time i saw it. Requiem was a blight on the entire franchise though.
  • Deleted user 31 July 2009 10:34:25
    Requiem, watchable?

It was the darkest movie I've ever witnessed. I struggled to see what was going on.
  • daz_john_smith 31 Jul 2009 10:34:51 1,636 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Demikaze wrote:
    shamblemonkee wrote:

Care to join me in a bit of make-shift prefrontal labotomy? It'll numb the trauma.

It's the only way to be sure.

Sign me up, I want it removed too. While you're in there can you also remove any lasting memories of Alien Resurrection, Indy 4, The Next Karate Kid, Caddyshack 2 and the Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions.

Much appreciated :)
  • Page

of 116 First / Last