Bizarre Creations' Blur Page 63

• Page

of 63 First / Last

Next
  • shamblemonkee 12 Mar 2013 11:26:09 14,276 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Who still has this? I've been playing a fair bit recently and it seems a blur revival of sorts is happening.

A month or two ago I logged in and there were usually on a few hundred people on total. Last few weeks that's swelled to over 3000 most nights.

This has become my go to game of the generation for when I'm looking for an hour or two of instant fun. It's superbly balanced and always satisfying. Such a shame we didn't get to see any add ins let alone a sequel

Edited by shamblemonkee at 11:28:02 12-03-2013
  • Dave_McCoy 12 Mar 2013 11:30:10 2,771 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I did notice you on a fair few times recently Shambles. I've been seriously thinking of digging out my copy. Old EG nights were always great fun.

*Does not use micro mines, honest*
  • andytheadequate 12 Mar 2013 11:40:07 8,081 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I still play every week or so. Has it been on sale recently? Seems a strange time for such a big revival of players.

And they aren't called McCoy mines for nothing...
  • glo 12 Mar 2013 11:42:52 3,422 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    usually up for a game if EGers are playing.

If I see you lot online, I will join even if McCoy mines are in effect (can't promise I won't moan about them though)

Seems weird that the online population has grown to the thousands, was always a hundred or two at the most whenever I have been online in the last year.

Edited by glo at 11:43:42 12-03-2013
  • shamblemonkee 12 Mar 2013 11:50:11 14,276 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah and only the last month or so.
  • AcidSnake 12 Mar 2013 11:59:41 7,222 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Must be because I've started playing, I'm popular like that...

Also, I suck at the game...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• shamblemonkee 18 Mar 2013 11:47:18 14,276 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    To be fair a lot of the people left playing are the 'hardcore' who've mastered drift nitros and that can be hard to counter.

Up to 4k players on the weekend. Good to see.

Never get bored of it
  • agparrot 18 Mar 2013 11:54:19 11,903 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    4000 players?

Bloody hell, I think that may be more than when I *started* playing Blur, it certainly is an improvement from the 200 - 300 that was more usual towards 'the end'.

So many games on the go at the moment. I'll see if I can find time to get some Blur in though.

Especially if there was going to be any of that mode in the carpark and the figure-eight dirt track, that was all Destruction Derby-ish.
  • andytheadequate 18 Mar 2013 11:54:23 8,081 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I noticed there were thousands of people online, where have they all come from?!

Also, I hate the drift nitro players. Wish that perk had been removed from the game.

Me and Acid had a game of DD the other day, it didn't end well for either of us (especially Acid :) )

Edited by andytheadequate at 11:55:14 18-03-2013
  • agparrot 18 Mar 2013 11:56:50 11,903 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, I suppose I can see the attraction of winning all the time by being super at drift-nitro, but it detracts from all the elements that make the game so much fun - the tussling and combative anarchy.
  • AcidSnake 18 Mar 2013 12:01:17 7,222 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What I don't get is that if it's all about racing the perfect race and such surely you'd choose the no power-up game?

Anyway, the DD mode is indeed not for me though I enjoy it...So basically like the main game...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• shamblemonkee 18 Mar 2013 12:10:46 14,276 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well, it's still possible to combat the guys who are good at drift nitro (although the ones who have mastered that and are also good at power-ups is mighty tough).

you just need to change your own focus a little and focus a lot more on shocks and shunts, those can still mess them up. so you can see that they still don't have it easy and will need to focus on shields and barges and stuff.

The no power-up racing is less attractive as the tracks don't force enough braking to allow for many tactics.

The 20-man powered up racing is always demanding - those drift nitro guys still have to fight each other.

As ever my tips for being competitive are to avoid any fights early on, save power-ups for when the field has settled and you can focus on the next guy ahead.

basically only attack when you totally need to upset the guy in fronts race to bring him range for a pass or stop yourself being attacked from behind - always carry one defensive power-up.

that alone should see you inside the top ten at least most races.

bolts - these are one of the most powerful tools, use the bolts in single shots.
  • Page

of 63 First / Last

Next