Bizarre Creations' Blur

• Page

of 63 First / Last

Previous
  • Deleted user 30 July 2009 19:54:47
    Not entirely sold on this. Even one of the developers says MASSIVE DAMAGE in this video.

I think they're missing a trick with the visuals, that's for sure. For the developer that gave us PGR4 it all seems a little uninspired so far, the powers are a bit... dull... and well, generally it looks all rather standard, if smooth. Shame they couldn't take their design cues from Geometry Wars beyond the icons, why not make the entire thing shiny bit-graphic based? :p

No, but seriously, like that shooty game before it, methinks I'm missing this one so far...
  • Deleted user 30 July 2009 19:55:34
    I'll also add that video is REALLY really ANNOYING annoying. Massive damage. HITTING the NITRO! MINE DROPPING WOW MOMENTS.
  • PrivateFloyd 30 Jul 2009 19:59:27 4,102 posts
    Seen 29 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    squarejawhero wrote:
    No, but seriously, like that shooty game before it, methinks I'm missing this one so far...

The Club.

Cant see it grabbed me by the ghoulies either tbh.

Why did that skinhead bloke keep calling it "Blair"?

Split/Second looks better than this.....

Goat is hungry.....

• Deleted user 30 July 2009 20:02:10
    See? I couldn't even remember shooty games name!

Bizarre seem to be moving towards soulless rather than slick this time out. That makes SJH cry.
  • PrivateFloyd 30 Jul 2009 20:03:31 4,102 posts
    Seen 29 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Seriously why does he keep calling it "Blair"?!?!?

ARRRGGGHHHHHHH!!!!

/stops watching

Goat is hungry.....

• Res 30 Jul 2009 20:11:06 1,814 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It does look fairly disappointing, Split/Second (same developers as Pure) got a much better reaction coming out of E3.
  • seasidebaz 31 Jul 2009 07:28:48 6,126 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    PrivateFloyd wrote:
    Why did that skinhead bloke keep calling it "Blair"?

Maybe he's a scouser?
  • peterfll 31 Jul 2009 08:09:23 488 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I dunno. Despite a side-step with The Club I'll hold judgement just yet as I love my PGR's.

Oh, and I owned Flatout: UC and compared to this trailer I wouldn't say it looks shit. I think you should apologise and start looking forward to hitting some nitro whilst getting some mine dropping wow moments.
  • peterfll 31 Jul 2009 08:09:23 488 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I dunno. Despite a side-step with The Club I'll hold judgement just yet as I love my PGR's.

Oh, and I owned Flatout: UC and compared to this trailer I wouldn't say it looks shit. I think you should apologise and start looking forward to hitting some nitro whilst getting some mine dropping wow moments.
  • TheRealBadabing 31 Jul 2009 08:16:44 1,279 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Quite looking forward to this actually. Seems a sort of spiritual successor to Rock n' Roll Racing on the SNES.
  • Pirotic Moderator 31 Jul 2009 08:36:22 20,646 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    This had a really poor showing at E3, a lot of people wrote it off pretty much there and then.

I think people overestimate Bizzare Creations. PGR3 was good but when you consider they had been essentially making that same game for 7 years, it puts things in perspective. It took them 2 releases just to get the lighting levels right. Where as you get say, the Forza team, who release a miles better game on the first attempt.

I guess it'd be unfair to call them one trick ponies, Geometry Wars and Fur Fighters are both cracking games. But they get it wrong more than they get it right, which I think Blur will be a testimonial to.
  • Deleted user 31 July 2009 08:40:03
    Not sure how you can compare PGR4 with Forza as being the "better game"... that's a bit apples and oranges.
  • toy_brain 31 Jul 2009 08:40:03 1,256 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I just hope Activision try releasing it at 55 and see how the market responds.....
  • Deleted user 31 July 2009 08:41:00
    If Activision did, they'd probably see a wow event moment of mine dropping proportions.

Er, that's not necessarily good.
  • UncleLou Moderator 31 Jul 2009 08:41:53 35,423 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Typical. They finally make a PC version of one of their racing games, and it's got to be this one. :-/
  • Pirotic Moderator 31 Jul 2009 08:48:39 20,646 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    They are going to start adopting console pricing for PC games now tho.
  • Byblos1 31 Jul 2009 09:35:51 170 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bizarre have done nothing but create awesome racing games since Metropolis Street Racer so I'm going to cut them some slack until I've actually played it.

• Byblos1 31 Jul 2009 09:39:42 170 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Pirotic wrote:

I think people overestimate Bizzare Creations. PGR3 was good but when you consider they had been essentially making that same game for 7 years, it puts things in perspective.

Their first attempt (MSR) was also very good. They're a very talented studio imo.

Between Bizarre (PGR) and Studio Liverpool (Wipeout) we've got some of the best racing game creators in the world imho.

edit: and Criterion (Burnout) and Codemasters (Colin McRae) too of course!
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 31 Jul 2009 09:40:53 37,304 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm just here to slag off Bizarre because they turned down my job application.

Fuckin' Bizarre.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• sargulesh 31 Jul 2009 09:46:09 3,281 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The Club is one of the best games of this generation. FUIUD
  • Beesty 31 Jul 2009 09:51:00 1 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeh I think Bizarre are onto a bit of a duff with this one.After reading in Edge mag a few years ago of how they are going to take the racing genre forward they now come up with this.But they do know how to do a good driving game,looks like a try before you buy though.
  • Deleted user 31 July 2009 09:52:36
    sargulesh wrote:
    The Club is one of the best games of this generation. FUIUD

I'm sure it's great if you're ADHD OCD.
  • sargulesh 31 Jul 2009 09:56:26 3,281 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Apparently not.
  • jaxon58 31 Jul 2009 10:25:12 2,420 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm excited about it having 'up and down, left and right'.
    That's pushing the genre forward right there.
  • seasidebaz 31 Jul 2009 10:30:18 6,126 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Byblos1 wrote:
    Pirotic wrote:

I think people overestimate Bizzare Creations. PGR3 was good but when you consider they had been essentially making that same game for 7 years, it puts things in perspective.

Their first attempt (MSR) was also very good. They're a very talented studio imo.

No, their first attempt was TERRIBLE. It was a broken mess of bugs that should never have been released. EVER.

Their second attempt (MSR re-release) was very good though. Shame that the initial release tainted them.
  • Byblos1 31 Jul 2009 11:16:26 170 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    seasidebaz wrote:
    Byblos1 wrote:
    Pirotic wrote:

No, their first attempt was TERRIBLE. It was a broken mess of bugs that should never have been released. EVER.

Their second attempt (MSR re-release) was very good though. Shame that the initial release tainted them.

Yes there were bugs in the initial version but that's not uncommon (and likely wasn't totally Bizarre's fault as they were rushed to release it), especially these days when they can simply be patched and nobody thinks anything of it. Imagine of Fallout 3 had launched at the time of the Dreamcast; how many re-releases would they have needed?

MSR was a very good game and my point was that the series didn't just get good at PGR 3 because they had had years to perfect it, it had been good from the beginning.
  • seasidebaz 31 Jul 2009 13:08:37 6,126 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So to continue the trend, their next game (Blur) will be rubbish, then the one after that will be good again. Then the next console generation will come out.
  • glaeken 31 Jul 2009 13:21:03 11,087 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well I think the game looks Ok based on the video. They do seem to have some fairly odd lighting though that makes some of the ground textures look quite poor. It looks like everything is lit with neon.
  • Page

of 63 First / Last

Previous