Tomb Raider 9 / reboot Page 13

• Page

of 77 First / Last

• King_Edward 29 Dec 2012 20:48:18 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It wasn't a load of bollocks at all. They made it look like Lara goes to Rape Island. It doesn't matter if it's in the game, it's how they showed the game off, and the controversy around it was absolutely justified.
  • King_Edward 29 Dec 2012 21:25:26 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/tomb-raider-hands-on-a-lack-of-meaningful-interaction/
  • atomicjuicer 30 Dec 2012 12:55:57 297 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah, I was excited about this game until I heard all the dev's descriptions about bruised puppy fat etc.

Messed up.

Shame, as graphics look insane and I generally love me some TR.
  • kinky_mong 30 Dec 2012 13:41:44 9,945 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Its a games forum. You've got to remembered lexx, a lot of people that post here are deeply unhappy people. Deeply ugly social outcasts who have decided to hate everything as a defence mechanism. The internet is full of miserable cunts whos only way of expressing themself is by complaining.
    Brilliant post.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Mr-Brett 30 Dec 2012 13:45:21 12,723 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    It wasn't a load of bollocks at all. They made it look like Lara goes to Rape Island. It doesn't matter if it's in the game, it's how they showed the game off, and the controversy around it was absolutely justified.
    No they didn't, that was the knee-jerk interpretation. I won't deny that some of the footage looked a bit sketchy but you have to remember that it's a tiny slice of footage, out of context from an unreleased game. How about we wait for something more concrete before getting the tar and feathers out?

Portable view - Never forget.

• Deleted user 30 December 2012 13:48:56
    kinky_mong wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Its a games forum. You've got to remembered lexx, a lot of people that post here are deeply unhappy people. Deeply ugly social outcasts who have decided to hate everything as a defence mechanism. The internet is full of miserable cunts whos only way of expressing themself is by complaining.
    Brilliant post.
    That sounds an awful lot like me. Oo er.

In actual fact that sounds a lot like British people in general.

Edited by AdamAsunder at 13:49:49 30-12-2012
  • King_Edward 30 Dec 2012 13:59:40 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    King_Edward wrote:
    No they didn't, that was the knee-jerk interpretation. I won't deny that some of the footage looked a bit sketchy but you have to remember that it's a tiny slice of footage, out of context from an unreleased game. How about we wait for something more concrete before getting the tar and feathers out?
    Yes. The tiny slice of out of context footage that they choose to show. The game may be fine, so we'll wait and see, but their marketing deserves the tar and feathers now.
  • jellyhead 30 Dec 2012 14:08:46 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Spoiler - PC Gamer discuss 'rape' scene with Crystal Dynamics

As for complaining and being miserable cunts i'd say a lot of the detractors, myself included, have been saying it's looking like a good game but from what they have shown us so far there's not much Tomb Raider left.

I keep reading from PR and people on forums who say that there IS a Tomb Raider game in there but i've not seen it. Why not show some gameplay that demonstrates the aspects of the game we're disappointed are missing yet are being told are present but unrevealed?

There's only a couple of months until release, if there was anything of the old games left they're leaving it a bit late to get Tomb Raider fans onboard.

Why not spin off the brand? Call action style 'Lara Croft: Something something Protection' and keep 'Tomb Raider: Runny Jumpy Get Gold' for the environmental puzzles?

We'll see soon enough and i'm hoping to be wrong about the Tomb Raider bits.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Deleted user 30 December 2012 14:22:42
    Not much talk about neck stabbing with arrows and pic-axings to the head.
  • jellyhead 30 Dec 2012 14:26:06 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    They're standard Tomb Raider, no point discussing them. Run, Jump, Grab, Climb, Pickaxe Cranium.

• Ultrasoundwave 9 Jan 2013 10:46:18 3,264 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago

Blonde Chuck has done another video on the game, this time for the MP. Doesnt look too bad actually, very similar to the Uncharted MP, which is no bad thing.

I wont write it off until i try it.

Edited by Ultrasoundwave at 10:46:29 09-01-2013

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• jellyhead 9 Jan 2013 10:52:16 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Meh. Still it's nice that the xbox lads can play Uncharted now.

• Deleted user 11 January 2013 12:59:04
    Okay so I cant wait to play this but just watched the multiplayer video on Xbox home page. No no no. Just pointless like max Payne 3 multiplayer.
    I imagine it costs a lot of money to create these modes, what a waste.
  • Lexx87 11 Jan 2013 13:02:50 20,869 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Different team at least but, wasted funds.

Out of touch publishers shocker.

Speak the truth hussy!

• King_Edward 11 Jan 2013 13:04:22 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I doubt it costs that  much. All the assets are there.  Probably costs them more not to do it in the long run.
  • joeymoto108 11 Jan 2013 13:17:57 628 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Is it just me or does this reboot seem dull? Just lots of boring looking scripted sequences.

'Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?'

• Deleted user 11 January 2013 13:22:58
    I'm looking forward to it as I normally don't get scripted games.
  • jellyhead 11 Jan 2013 13:25:25 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    They have changed the feel of the game for the MP mode over the SP mode.
    Made the characters move faster etc so they feel better for the completely shooter focused part.

The PR for this game has been atrocious but then i'm not who they are aiming this reboot at. They're going after the masses which is why this is Uncharted with Lara in it not the Island Sandbox they mooted a few years ago.

I need to see some old-school Tomb Raiding before i get onboard the hype train.

• King_Edward 11 Jan 2013 14:24:13 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    joeymoto108 wrote:
    Is it just me or does this reboot seem dull? Just lots of boring looking scripted sequences.
    I does, but they keep saying that "it's not like that, that's just what we're showing right now". Whilst not bothering to shoe anything else.
  • Lexx87 11 Jan 2013 15:26:28 20,869 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's what they do to market to people who are not us. To the COD crowd.

Did no-one see the Dragon Age marketing? It wasn't going for the balders gate crowd.

Speak the truth hussy!

• SomaticSense 11 Jan 2013 16:48:55 7,936 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    joeymoto108 wrote:
    I does, but they keep saying that "it's not like that, that's just what we're showing right now". Whilst not bothering to shoe anything else.
    ... ever.

It's so close to release now and still all they've shown us makes it look like an Uncharted clone, and they've shown a lot. Therefore it's safe to assume it's an Uncharted clone.
  • King_Edward 11 Jan 2013 17:18:21 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    They've shown some of the hunting hub stuff. Looked dull to me but what do I know. I was wrong about most of DOC's reboot I'll probably be wrong about this one too and it'll be great.
  • oceanmotion 11 Jan 2013 17:56:50 15,647 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Do people who love the Uncharted series think this looks good ?

Just curious if they are actually that similar.
  • King_Edward 11 Jan 2013 18:03:56 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I don't. It's "Unchartedyness" looks too reliant on QTE's and camera theft, and I haven't seen the same level freedom in combat.
  • Syrette 11 Jan 2013 20:31:10 43,061 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've seen very little of this game to tell the truth, but isn't Uncharted influenced by previous Tomb Raiders?

Seems a bit unfair to call it an Uncharted rip-off given the above.

Edited by Syrette at 20:31:41 11-01-2013

• ecureuil 11 Jan 2013 20:53:32 76,485 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think it looks good from what we've seen so far. We've seen so little though, so it's impossible to say. People have been against this from the beginning though, they could never win. It's still a Tomb Raider game and it still has to contain certain elements, but it's certainly different to other games in the series. Doesn't look that close to Uncharted either, not that being like Uncharted is a bad thing. I don't know how people can hate it do much despite knowing so little about it. All they've shown is the immediate aftermath of the shipwreck and a little bit of the hunting. Suddenly it's a shit Uncharted QTE ripoff with added rape. How about seeing the other 10+ hours of the game before calling it this and that? I don't know how good this game will be, but I'm keeping an open mind.
  • King_Edward 11 Jan 2013 20:58:37 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    I've seen very little of this game to tell the truth, but isn't Uncharted influenced by previous Tomb Raiders?

Seems a bit unfair to call it an Uncharted rip-off given the above.
    A little. It wasn't "Tomb Raider with a bloke" which is the accusation here.
  • ecureuil 11 Jan 2013 21:03:19 76,485 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This doesn't look like Uncharted with a woman either.

This is going for dark and gritty, Uncharted is Indiana Jones adventure schlock and is pretty light hearted for the most part. This looks less like Uncharted than Uncharted is to old Tomb Raider games.
  • Scimarad 11 Jan 2013 21:24:18 8,530 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Presumably the Uncharted comparisons are in gameplay not style. Obviously this is all based on trailers...
  • King_Edward 11 Jan 2013 21:30:34 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    This looks less like Uncharted than Uncharted is to old Tomb Raider games.
    Hmm...no, I don't think so. Tomb Raider >>> Uncharted was essential a totally different genre. TR was, at heart a platformer, Uncharted a shooter.

This is clearly aiming at the same set-piece driven action adventure shooter feel as Uncharted. Even if it's darker.
  • Page

of 77 First / Last