Tomb Raider 9 / reboot Page 12

• Page

of 78 First / Last

• ecureuil 24 Dec 2012 21:40:10 76,822 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They still have to make Tomb Raider games.
  • Spong 24 Dec 2012 22:45:26 525 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dr.Haggard wrote:
    @Spong Genuine question: why are you so upset about this one in particular? With the exception of Anniversary I haven't played a good TR game since 1998, they've all been 90% dreadful. Why expect better now?
    The formula they appear to be using now is one of plagiarism, which wouldn't be so bad if they were "taking inspiration" from more suitable sources. Copying elements of games like Uncharted and most other third-person shooters isn't what Tomb Raider is about. That's what sticks in my throat. They've had three attempts so far, none of them barely raising the bar above the level of shit. I agree that Anni was okay, but only because it was stood on the shoulders of greatness to begin with (and that's discounting the way Crystal butchered the levels and crowbarred in their own BS story). But with TR9, it seems like Crystal have given up trying to make a "traditional" TR game completely. It's the Resident Evil 4 scenario all over again; TR9 may well be a good game, but it isn't Tomb Raider.

In my honest opinion, as a long-time fan, I think they should've let the series die with what little dignity it had left after Angel of Darkness. Barring Guardian of Light (which I think is a pretty much peerless example of a fantastic arcade game) each game since AoD has been an embarrassing shambles.
  • King_Edward 24 Dec 2012 22:53:32 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    RE4 was an attempt to get art from all the shit that got crammed into Resident Evil. This looks like an attempt to cram extra shit in.
  • Syrette 24 Dec 2012 22:54:44 43,524 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Plagiarism? Pretty much every game ever copies another title in some way or another.

Kind of like how Uncharted is heavily influenced by... Tomb Raider.

• Deleted user 25 December 2012 00:10:29
    The only thing i know about this game is that the shitty ad for it on this site is fucking up my pages-loads and AdBlock can't seem to kill it fully.
  • Deleted user 25 December 2012 00:12:09
    And you can stab someone in the eye with an arrow, every things gears of cunting war now.
  • Deleted user 25 December 2012 00:16:38
    Managed to get rid of it. No wonder people are disappointed with most releases nowadays. Literally months of pre-release build-up and hype.

"LOOK!!!!! Here are some pictures of bits of the games that you will see when you are playing the game. Commence being excited!!!!!!!!!"
  • Lexx87 25 Dec 2012 00:32:48 20,869 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You lot are some miserable fucking cunts tell you what

Speak the truth hussy!

• Syrette 29 Dec 2012 12:44:08 43,524 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This will go down well.

• Fozzie_bear 29 Dec 2012 12:47:56 15,530 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'll set up the pitchfork stand. You can hand out the burning torches.

Support the Mowgli Dirty Protest!

• neilka 29 Dec 2012 12:50:30 15,958 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There's a woman in it?!

A map is like comparing velocity and speed.

• the_dudefather 29 Dec 2012 12:54:07 9,288 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The co-op in the last Tomb Raider was pretty ace!

Completely different type of game, but still!

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• beastmaster 29 Dec 2012 13:04:25 11,418 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Deadpool? Ace!

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• jellyhead 29 Dec 2012 13:07:27 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dark Souls II - Neat!

...and they got Uncharted 4 as the cover!

I wonder if the 'Special Interactive Cover' app is more interactive than the actual game? ;)

This signature intentionally left blank.

• beastmaster 29 Dec 2012 13:32:59 11,418 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Game to get 10/10 from everywhere. A new film franchise will be announced with Mila Kunis as the lead. Geeks punch the air worldwide and rejoice.

On the other hand...

• Lexx87 29 Dec 2012 13:43:24 20,869 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think it looks great and at least something fucking different.

Speak the truth hussy!

• jellyhead 29 Dec 2012 13:46:33 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Different to what? Not many recent AAA games for sure. I agree in part though, it does look different to Tomb Raider. Tomb Bro perhaps?

• Lexx87 29 Dec 2012 13:56:22 20,869 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Different enough where the protagonist looks at least a little interesting i mean.

I just dont see why all the early hate is all.

Speak the truth hussy!

• Deckard1 29 Dec 2012 14:00:13 28,024 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Its a games forum. You've got to remembered lexx, a lot of people that post here are deeply unhappy people. Deeply ugly social outcasts who have decided to hate everything as a defence mechanism. The internet is full of miserable cunts whos only way of expressing themself is by complaining.
  • spindle9988 29 Dec 2012 14:14:51 3,590 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well I think it looks good. Day one purchase for me
  • Deleted user 29 December 2012 14:24:40
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Its a games forum. You've got to remembered lexx, a lot of people that post here are deeply unhappy people. Deeply ugly social outcasts who have decided to hate everything as a defence mechanism. The internet is full of miserable cunts whos only way of expressing themself is by complaining.
    See the quoted post as an example.
  • Deleted user 29 December 2012 14:28:35
    HurbleBurble wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    See the quoted post as an example.
    As an example of what?
  • Lexx87 29 Dec 2012 14:57:24 20,869 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    I love you man

Speak the truth hussy!

• jellyhead 29 Dec 2012 18:15:33 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Lexx87 wrote:
    Different enough where the protagonist looks at least a little interesting i mean.

I just dont see why all the early hate is all.
    Most of the ire is coming from people who wanted a Tomb Raider game.
    This thing could have been released as a new IP and there would be much more positivity. From what we've seen this isn't a Tomb Raiding puzzle explorathon but a combat filled AAA wannabe so there's no point apart from cynical cash-in to attach the Tomb Raider brand to it.

I'm all for games evolving but the Tomb Raider brand was never an action series to me and the further away the brand gets from it's core the less point there is in using the name. Call it something else.

• beastmaster 29 Dec 2012 18:41:56 11,418 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Should have done a scratch and sniff cover instead.

I want a Tomb Raider game. Looks like I'm getting one. On March 5th.

When was the last original Tomb Raider game? For better or worse, perhaps nobody cared much for Tomb Raider for a very long time. I know I certainly didn't.

This game seems to be generating a serious amount of interest. Personally, I'm really glad to see that they're trying to do something a bit different. Yes, it seems to have gone into Uncharted territory for a Tomb Raider. There's nothing to suggest that this is how the whole game is going to be like that. indeed the previews in Edge and other magazines hint that is indeed the case.

• King_Edward 29 Dec 2012 18:55:09 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Supposedly all the good stuff's still in there, they just haven't shown it because of Squenix's morally repugnant PR department. Preferring to show off the games many throat stabbing animations, helicopter crashes, and rape scenes.

Edited by King_Edward at 18:55:24 29-12-2012
  • Lexx87 29 Dec 2012 19:00:55 20,869 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's like the early x-com trailers.

Same character in a new setting or even genre, seeing them in a new light? That's a bad thing? Means i care because it's not just Woman X so i'm interested already but it's a different take on what came already.

Sounds good to me

Ed: My top line there is a responds to King E, rest is unrelated.

Edited by Lexx87 at 19:01:46 29-12-2012

Speak the truth hussy!

• Cappy 29 Dec 2012 19:14:36 11,943 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I can't say I've ever cared for any of the Tomb Raider games I came across previously, so the developers exploring a new direction can only be a good thing from my point of view.
  • Syrette 29 Dec 2012 19:44:41 43,524 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah. I'll just enjoy this for what it is, not what it isn't. Just a name after all.

• Mr-Brett 29 Dec 2012 19:55:40 12,799 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    Supposedly all the good stuff's still in there, they just haven't shown it because of Squenix's morally repugnant PR department. Preferring to show off the games many throat stabbing animations, helicopter crashes, and rape scenes.
    There aren't any rape scenes. That whole 'controversy' was a load of bollocks made up by some bored journalists miss-quoting a badly worded statement from one developer. Suddenly "OMG Square PR officially announce Tomb Raider is a rape simulator!"

That's fine though, as long as the game media can pat themselves on the back for tackling the tough issues while posting images of tits with every news story.

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• Page

of 78 First / Last