Tomb Raider 9 / reboot Page 49

• Page

of 77 First / Last

• Deleted user 9 March 2013 16:07:25
    Two questions I have.

1. Just getting to the end of Uncharted 2, which is fantastic. I should get this next, rather than UC3, yes? This is the feeling I have.

2. I tend to buy stuff on my PS3 these days, as new stuff is available on the store more quickly. I presume this version is ok on PS3, and not another Skyrim? (Sorry, I've not been reading much gaming press recently.)
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 9 Mar 2013 16:21:32 6,654 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah I enjoyed uncharted 3
  • Syrette 9 Mar 2013 16:22:25 42,977 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Think it's fine on all systems, but PC is the way to go if your rig is up to it.

• Triggerhappytel 9 Mar 2013 16:30:47 2,667 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Greggywocky... wrote:
    Two questions I have.

1. Just getting to the end of Uncharted 2, which is fantastic. I should get this next, rather than UC3, yes? This is the feeling I have.

2. I tend to buy stuff on my PS3 these days, as new stuff is available on the store more quickly. I presume this version is ok on PS3, and not another Skyrim? (Sorry, I've not been reading much gaming press recently.)
    If you enjoyed Uncharted 2 you will enjoy the third game too. It's not quite as tight overall but it's still very very good. I've not played TR yet though, so I can't say how they compare or which is better.

As for TR on PS3, I understand that it's a very good version and as good as the 360 equivalent.
  • Deleted user 9 March 2013 16:31:53
    No frame rate issues on Xbox.
  • Deleted user 9 March 2013 16:46:55
    Thanks for the replies.

It turns out UC3 (for some reason) is still disc only, so I guess that answers my immediate question for me. Will pick it up on Amazon I guess. (I should add I live in Brussels and there isn't the same easy 2nd hand market setup that there is back in Blighty).

So I think I'll download TR now and order UC3 online.. :)

Edited by Greggywocky... at 16:53:33 09-03-2013
  • kinky_mong 9 Mar 2013 17:03:06 9,913 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Finished, loved it all. Now hunting down all the missed collectibles and challenges.

10 out of 10 game for me no question. Haven't found a game this enjoyable and compelling since Arkham Asylum.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• sanctusmortis 9 Mar 2013 17:43:00 9,627 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Getting this today. The words "like Arkham Asylum" keep being said to me and that fully gets my attention.
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 9 Mar 2013 17:47:07 2,430 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Not thought of it that way till now, but AA is a very good comparison. Much better than the woeful Uncharted.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• Deckard1 9 Mar 2013 17:48:16 26,907 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah it's reminded me a few times of AA when I've been playing it.

It wonderful.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 9 Mar 2013 17:48:39 6,654 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Dunno about that tbh. I think it seems more like uncharted in structure with better set piece puzzles and very similar combat mechanics.

Maybe it will open up into a metroid like environment towards the end, dunno.
  • DUFFKING 9 Mar 2013 17:51:29 7,053 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Its basically Uncharted 1 with better gunplay.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 9 Mar 2013 18:02:24 25,364 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Each area is similar in setup to the individual areas in AA, I can see that.

It's also similar to Uncharted in its setting and mechanics, I can see that too.

It does lack the character of Uncharted though.
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 9 Mar 2013 18:03:30 2,430 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I hated Uncharted. It was awful. Cliched characters which showed zero imagination, constant wave after wave of bullet sponge enemies and a poor script. The animation was jerky and constantly broke what little emersion there was.
    TR pisses all over it.
    I think TR is closer to Uncharted gameplay wise, but has the feeling of being well focused and well bound together with a great narrative and believable characters that defined AA.

Edited by Daddy-Doom-Bar at 18:04:48 09-03-2013

• bitch_tits_zero_nine 9 Mar 2013 18:10:34 6,654 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Got bored before the end of Uncharted 2. Liked the first one better if I'm being honest
  • Deleted user 9 March 2013 18:11:12
    And one racing game feels like another, one war fps has similarities to another and shock horror one action adventure game has similarities with another. Call the daily mail.
  • ElNino9 9 Mar 2013 18:16:23 13,274 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Daddy-Doom-Bar wrote:
    Not thought of it that way till now, but AA is a very good comparison. Much better than the woeful Uncharted.
    Uncharted is woeful?

Give your head a wobble.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• Bawsy74 9 Mar 2013 18:19:11 160 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Fuck me! The handholding in this game is beyond belief.

In shantytown, at a gate that I have to open. "something's blocking it" she says. Great I think, a puzzle. Exactly one second later a prompt appears on the screen saying that "remember, white cloth burns". Fuck off!
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 9 Mar 2013 18:20:46 2,430 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    Somebody didn't play Uncharted 2 by the sound of it.

If those are your criticisms then they're ridiculous cause I could easily aim them at Tomb Raider. The characters and script (which is terrible) in TR are as cliched as you can get, enemies are also bullet sponges!

You are frankly, talking shit my friend.
    Ha ha. Talking shit? I'm pretty sure you meant expressing an opinion. I thought Uncharted was wank. So was God of War. So was mostly every game on the PS3 I owned for the three short weeks I owned one.

The script in TR hasnt shown itself to be crap like Uncharted did. I think because everything else works so well and i'm enjoying it so much I just cant fault it. I disliked Uncharted from the start, as soon as I started playing number two and realised it was more of the same I gave up on it.

Give me a few weeks away from it and I will see through it a little more, perhaps.

But even after playing such hyped games like Dishonoured and Far Cry 3 this year TR is easily my gtoy so far.

• bitch_tits_zero_nine 9 Mar 2013 18:23:22 6,654 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    He yeah. The audio hints for one. "Hmm, maybe if I burn that beam this bell will fall onto that catapult which will blah blah"
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 9 Mar 2013 18:23:38 2,430 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    ElNino9 wrote:
    Daddy-Doom-Bar wrote:
    Uncharted is woeful?

Give your head a wobble.
    I wobble my head all the time, and the woeful memory still wont go away but thanks for the tip.

• Daddy-Doom-Bar 9 Mar 2013 18:29:19 2,430 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    As I said, I'm enjoying TR. Even if I agreed that the same problems I had with Uncharted are present in TR (which I dont) I would still say that my enjoying the whole of the game overall negates or lessens any critisms I could find.
    Its perfectly normal of me to love one game in a genre and dislike another. (Or two similar games.)

• bitch_tits_zero_nine 9 Mar 2013 18:30:57 6,654 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Fucking liar
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 9 Mar 2013 18:32:06 2,430 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    bitch_tits_zero_nine wrote:
    Fucking liar
    ?