Tomb Raider 9 / reboot Page 39

• Page

of 78 First / Last

• Bawsy74 6 Mar 2013 13:39:33 172 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well, I managed 2 hours last night.

Looks great, controls great, but...so far there has been little to no exploration. I am a bit worried at the linearity of the levels (heck, just looking at the map as you play a 'level', you can't help but notice how narrow it actually is).

I was constantly being made to walk through narrow corridors of vegetation with invisible walls (maybe these are just to disguise loading?). Any exploration has been of the 'there's a slope there - walk up that and you might find something'. Absolutely no 'wow - how do I get up there' moments yet, or 'where am I going? what am I meant to be doing?'.

Having said that, I am enjoying it. It's just not very tomb-raidery. Early days though, and I'm hoping it will pick up!

I have just reached the part where I find the captain of the ship - Hoth? - after he has been attacked by a wolf. To be fair, this area does look a bit more expansive than anything else I've seen thus far
  • BinaryBob101 6 Mar 2013 13:41:44 23,499 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @beastmaster Cheers mate.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• King_Edward 6 Mar 2013 14:20:26 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    King_Edward wrote:
    Anyone else still Rab's articles on here?

http://effingarcade.tumblr.com

Convinced me to give it a go.
    It's a bit gushy. I've only played an hour but so far it's not as good as either Uncharted 2 or 3.
    That's a pretty high standard. :)

Don't get me wrong, I'm still sceptical, I'm just actually willing to give it a go now that I know it's not all shrieks and neck stabbing.
  • kinky_mong 6 Mar 2013 14:21:53 10,425 posts
    Seen 16 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Bawsy74 It opens out a lot more from the point you're up to. You'll criss cross back through that area a few times and you're free to explore any previous area with new items you've collected.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Bealsy 6 Mar 2013 14:26:59 800 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Pinky_Floyd are you using an nVidia GPU? I updated to the new beta drivers and that made no difference.

XBL: The Bealesatron
    PSN: Shimbomba
    NNID: TheBealesatron

• Darren 6 Mar 2013 14:41:27 8,937 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Has anyone else playing the PC version experienced a missing graphic for the Yagen relic, the mortar and pestle, found on the way to the radio tower? I've found loads of relics and they all show a 3D rotatable visual except for the Yagen. I can feel the rumble on the controller as I rotate it to indicate where there is more information but I can't see anything!

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 4 GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 SC, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• jellyhead 6 Mar 2013 14:43:35 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I see there's a 'see-through top ' mod out already. Nude mod and bikini Lara incoming i imagine.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Darren 6 Mar 2013 14:52:56 8,937 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bealsy wrote:
    PC version has some ODD issues with my nVIdia GPU. Tesselation breaks the game.
    The official statement from NVIDIA is that they got the final release code last weekend, far too late to release updated drivers for the changes the developers had made to the game since NVIDIA tested it. As such they're aware that the game is more unstable on NVIDIA graphics cards, more so on the new Kepler (GTX 600) cards from what I've been reading, especially with tessellation enabled. I've experienced three system freezes for example with GTX 680 SLI and the latest v314.14 drivers but the game seems to run fine with tessellation off. NVIDIA are apparently working with the developers to get the issue resolved but the game apparently needs some coding changes and, therefore, a patch to resolve the issues, including those with TressFX hair which seems very glitchy on SLI systems. This is an AMD branded game as well so make of that what you will... ;)

I'm kind of disappointed in the issues but not completely surprised as PC games are frequently plagued with issues at launch these days, regardless of whether you sit on the AMD or NVIDIA side of the fence.

Edited by Darren at 15:51:42 06-03-2013

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 4 GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 SC, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• Humperfunk 6 Mar 2013 14:59:44 2,280 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Lads, if I upgrade my NVIDIA slipstream x-player to a turbo GRFIX 5000, will that give me even more pixellage on Lara's tiddies?

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• FightingMongoose 6 Mar 2013 15:43:37 502 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    Anyone else still miss Rab's articles on here?

http://effingarcade.tumblr.com

Convinced me to give it a go.
    Love that blog from Rab, great read.
  • BinaryBob101 6 Mar 2013 15:47:32 23,499 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    All this fucked up pc chatter makes me HAWT!

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• beastmaster 6 Mar 2013 15:49:46 11,578 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    When's the Mac version out?

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• beastmaster 6 Mar 2013 15:51:50 11,578 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yep. Every time someone on the next gen incoming thread bores on about PC, I'll just point them to this thread.

Still getting a gaming PC though. Eventually.

Edited by beastmaster at 15:52:05 06-03-2013

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• FanBoysSuck 6 Mar 2013 15:56:20 1,524 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Darren wrote:
    Bealsy wrote:
    PC version has some ODD issues with my nVIdia GPU. Tesselation breaks the game.
    The official statement from NVIDIA is that they got the final release code last weekend, far too late to release updated drivers for the changes the developers had made to the game since NVIDIA tested it. As such the game they're aware that the game is more unstable on NVIDIA graphics cards, more so on the new Kepler (GTX 600) cards from what I've been reading, especially with tessellation enabled. I've experienced three system freezes for example with GTX 680 SLI and the latest v314.14 drivers but the game seems to run fine with tessellation off. NVIDIA are apparently working with the developers to get the issue resolved but the game apparently needs some coding changes and, therefore, a patch to resolve the issues, including those with TressFX hair which seems very glitchy on SLI systems. This is an AMD branded game as well so make of that what you will...

I'm kind of disappointed in the issues but not completely surprised as PC games are frequently plagued with issues at launch these days, regardless of whether you sit on the AMD or NVIDIA side of the fence.
    If it makes you feel any better I'm having some issues with my 6870. TrezFX kills the game dead, like 49fps average to 26fps kind if death. I'm hoping for some optimisation patches soon and a driver update from AMD. Thankfully the hair seems the biggest issue. It runs 30-40 FPS with everything set to high, all the extra effects turned on (only using FXAA) and textures set to ultra.

For the emperor!

• BinaryBob101 6 Mar 2013 16:21:15 23,499 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    OPTIMISATION PATCHES! PHWOAR!!!

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• Humperfunk 6 Mar 2013 16:26:37 2,280 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I feel like we're getting closer to an answer to my question, PHWOAR!

/fap fap fap fap

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• jkrodal 6 Mar 2013 16:51:38 155 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Anyone know how to take screenshots on the pc steam version?
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 6 Mar 2013 16:54:22 2,437 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    F9 isnt it?

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• King_Edward 6 Mar 2013 16:55:28 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    F12?
  • jkrodal 6 Mar 2013 16:58:34 155 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    F12 did it. Thanks :)
  • Deleted user 6 March 2013 16:59:30
    You pervert.
  • jkrodal 6 Mar 2013 17:06:58 155 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just want to capture some of the beautiful scenery you know :o
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 6 Mar 2013 17:08:09 2,437 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Sorry, f9 is for fraps recording.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• jellyhead 6 Mar 2013 17:11:04 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Humperfunk No. The game only uses TresFX but there may be a new tech called NipFX on the way which dynamically perks up her nipples according to cold, moistness and exposure. Grades are from 'innie' to 'chapel hat peg'.

This may only be available to those gamers rocking dual Titans obviously. This may* be an absolute lie though.

*is

Doesn't the nude patch undermine the whole strong female character to a cliche boobs babe? Rhianna Pratchett must be ovjerjoyed that the message has been recieved loud and clear by that lot.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• King_Edward 6 Mar 2013 17:13:24 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    jellyhead wrote:

Doesn't the nude patch undermine the whole strong female character to a cliche boobs babe? Rhianna Pratchett must be ovjerjoyed that the message has been recieved loud and clear by that lot.
    I think that boat sailed with Conan.
  • King_Edward 6 Mar 2013 18:01:58 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/06/wot-i-think-tomb-raider/#more-144521

Why it's great, and why it sucks.
  • itinkuravinalaff 6 Mar 2013 18:44:30 191 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    Twe've ish hours in, just when you think it couldn't possibly get better it goes and does.
    Just
    So
    Epic
    You've been sneaking extra hour's to your proposed 2hr's a night haven't you. :-D
  • Page

of 78 First / Last