What's America's problem? Page 178

• Page

of 184 First / Last

• whatfruit 3 Jan 2014 15:34:14 1,309 posts
    Seen 57 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    statssonic wrote:
    Good luck when you guys need emergency brain surgery because of a skiiing accident and the only neurosurgeon available was a pot smoking hippy in his student days.
    Well as long as he is not smoking pot while poking around in my CPU i couldn't care less.

Cannabis should still be a Class C drug its physiological effects in relation to its harm to the body is actually very low. It was upgraded to Class B for law enforcement purposes because possession of a class C substance does not provide sufficient evidence for a search and seizure.
  • Khanivor 3 Jan 2014 15:40:28 40,403 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Better an ex pot smoking surgeon than one who is currently an alcoholic.
  • kalel 3 Jan 2014 15:41:15 86,421 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    For god's sake, what an utterly retarded comment.
  • nickthegun 3 Jan 2014 15:43:10 58,907 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Im hoping it was a joke.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Bremenacht 3 Jan 2014 16:55:40 17,614 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    I've never smoked cannabis and I have no arguments against it's legalisation.
    Same here. My only concern is whether it'd make the step to harder stuff a little easier, but I'm pretty sure the upside of such a move would be far greater than the possible downsides.
  • FWB 3 Jan 2014 16:59:09 43,881 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    statssonic wrote:
    Good luck when you guys need emergency brain surgery because of a skiiing accident and the only neurosurgeon available was a pot smoking hippy in his student days.
    Post of the year! :D
  • Deleted user 3 January 2014 17:42:07
    finally getting the recognition i deserve. took long enough.
  • Dirtbox 3 Jan 2014 17:45:48 77,480 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Same here. My only concern is whether it'd make the step to harder stuff a little easier, but I'm pretty sure the upside of such a move would be far greater than the possible downsides.
    Another daily mail fallacy. The only reason that had any merit was because in order to buy weed, you often rubbed shoulders with people who could get other stuff, which is an aspect that wouldn't exist if it were legalised.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Bremenacht 3 Jan 2014 18:40:12 17,614 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You could still rub shoulders with them though, couldn't you? Assuming that they weren't undercut and put out of business by big commercial outfits. Not remotely suggesting it would a problem on the scale of whatever tDM might claim, btw.

Imagine: Tesco Finest Weed and TESCO VALUE DOPE. 'Shit' from Sainsburys :- D
  • Dirtbox 3 Jan 2014 18:52:54 77,480 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Sure, thanks to everything being illegal, pretty much all of us have or will be criminals at some point.

If anything, that's a stepping stone to becoming a hardened criminal.

Edited by Dirtbox at 18:57:10 03-01-2014

• LeoliansBro 3 Jan 2014 18:56:03 43,284 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    statssonic wrote:
    finally getting the recognition i deserve. took long enough.
    Yep, all of 112 posts before everyone decided you were a reactionary wanker.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Deleted user 3 January 2014 21:33:21
    okay imagine a scenario. you need a brain op and surgeon a has a history of having smoked cannabis and surgeon b who doesn't. same experience. who do you choose knowing these facts?

Edited by statssonic at 21:36:01 03-01-2014
  • DrStrangelove 3 Jan 2014 21:45:33 3,386 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:

Can I ask if anybody who doesn't smoke cannabis supports its legalisation, on the grounds of personal freedom?
    Me. Not only on grounds of personal freedom, but also on grounds of pragmatism.

A) I think they should have better control over what they're actually buying.

B) Sale of alcohol and tobacco in shops earns a lot of tax money, while the persecution of cannabis only costs money. Legalising it could not only save police time and money, but actually earn tax money just like those.

C) Criminals, and organised crime, would be deprived of one major source of income and influence. Legalising weed would instantly remove that income source from them, and potentially add it to state and society.

And then, it's jsut the most laughable hypocrisy of our western societies to ban weed while allowing alcohol. Transporting a few grams of weed in your car is criminal, transporting 100 bottles of vodka is legal. I don't have words for this psychopathy.
  • thelzdking 3 Jan 2014 22:04:52 4,331 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    statssonic wrote:
    okay imagine a scenario. you need a brain op and surgeon a has a history of having smoked cannabis and surgeon b who doesn't. same experience. who do you choose knowing these facts?
    I'm assuming that you've had brain surgery in the past.
  • Khanivor 3 Jan 2014 22:15:00 40,403 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    By surgeon c - currently ripped to the tits on drink and drugs.
  • FWB 3 Jan 2014 22:15:30 43,881 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Nahh. Your first troll was better, statssonic. Try again.
  • Khanivor 3 Jan 2014 22:22:59 40,403 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Sure, thanks to everything being illegal, pretty much all of us have or will be criminals at some point.

If anything, that's a stepping stone to becoming a hardened criminal.
    I wonder what percentage of people who have smoked dope have also dealt it. Pretty frigging high, I'd wager. A lot higher than the percentage of people who drink who've also sold home brew.

Drugs are indeed a gateway. A gateway to a life of crime. But not because of any intrinsic quality of the drug, but simply because by making them illegal you introduce a great number of people to criminal acts and persons who would otherwise not ever fall under such influences.

And isn't it fucked up how someone can deal in arms to violent countries where they will be used to kill and get seven years while someone can deal a few keys and get 15?
  • Psychotext 4 Jan 2014 00:20:18 53,855 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This is amazing:

Fourteen-year-old Jillian Bernstein got herself published in the Journal of the American Medical Association by comparing the transparency of medical costs at Philadelphia hospitals with the transparency of parking rates at the same hospitals. Out of 20 hospitals, 19 were happy to provide information on the cost to park a car. Only three, however, were willing to tell her how much it would cost an uninsured person to get an electrocardiogram, and those prices were ridiculously variable $137, $600 and $1,200, depending on the hospital.
    http://articles.philly.com/2013-12-28/news/45629511_1_hip-replacement-ekg-parking-rates
  • Deleted user 4 January 2014 13:18:34
    Khanivor wrote:
    nicknamed the 'angel of death' by colleagues. employed by the nhs.
  • Physically_Insane 4 Jan 2014 13:23:30 8,659 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Bremenacht wrote:
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Another daily mail fallacy. The only reason that had any merit was because in order to buy weed, you often rubbed shoulders with people who could get other stuff, which is an aspect that wouldn't exist if it were legalised.
    This.
  • Physically_Insane 4 Jan 2014 13:26:11 8,659 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    statssonic wrote:
    If they both had the same experience and skills, then I don't care. They'll both do the same job. Unless you're assuming the doctor a is under the influence. If so, you're a moron.
  • wizbob 4 Jan 2014 13:27:46 770 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    statssonic wrote:
    Khanivor wrote:
    nicknamed the 'angel of death' by colleagues. employed by the nhs.
    Paging Doctor Benway! He'll take out your appendix with a rusty tin-opener, not like those other goddamn milque-toast amateurs.
  • kalel 4 Jan 2014 13:51:05 86,421 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'd be more interested in who had the most sleep recently out of the two surgeons, not whether one of hem had smoked some weed twenty years ago.
  • Deleted user 4 January 2014 18:03:03
    Anyway, I've got this theory that while America descends into nation of low-IQ potheads and a few rich A-leets who control eveything like in that film idiocracy, the chinese will be discovering habitable planets to colonise to offload their excess population, after they've conquered the west econonomically (sic).

troll that.
  • Dirtbox 4 Jan 2014 19:46:59 77,480 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Special snowflake.

• Deleted user 4 January 2014 20:13:30
    Nah, reaction to tedious liberal condescension.
  • RedSparrows 4 Jan 2014 20:16:37 22,085 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The next person to comment upon liberal or lefty tendencies gets a worker's pick up the jacksie.
  • thelzdking 4 Jan 2014 23:03:40 4,331 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    No worries for me then: I only support the legalisation of staunchly conservative strains of cannabis.
  • Deleted user 12 January 2014 20:45:49
    whole town forced to move because it sits on indian land. i guess you could call it just desserts but that's pretty messed up.

http://www.mrconservative.com/2014/01/30242-obama-kicks-wyoming-residents-off-property-and-gives-it-away-to-indians/

Edited by statssonic at 20:46:40 12-01-2014
  • Khanivor 12 Jan 2014 21:04:08 40,403 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Your link explains a few things...
  • Page

of 184 First / Last