What's America's problem? Page 164

• Page

of 184 First / Last

• Psychotext 20 Jan 2013 02:39:00 53,855 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Given you've never actually tried the alternative... how exactly do you come to a conclusion like that?

Unless you can travel to alternate universes? OMG, TAKE ME WITH YOU!
  • Psychotext 20 Jan 2013 03:00:52 53,855 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Don't be retarded. How can you possibly state what the world would have ended up like without the US.

Sure, remove it now and the shit would hit the fan (you could say the same about removing many countries)... but the world would be a very different place if America had never existed.
  • Maturin 20 Jan 2013 10:16:42 2,892 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    John Birmingham wrote an entertaining and very pessimistic trilogy of thrillers about what would happen if you removed the US from the world. One of the more plausible events is that Israel immediately nukes all its nearby enemies so they could no longer be a threat, as they would have devoured an Israel that lacked US support.

Amazon linky.

Edited by Maturin at 10:17:13 20-01-2013
  • Psychotext 20 Jan 2013 12:29:59 53,855 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cool.
  • Deleted user 20 January 2013 13:02:38
    America is messed up, there is no doubt.
    If given the choice who was the dominant for in the world out of America, Russia, China or India I would have no hesitation in saying America.
    The lesser of all the evils.
    America is corrupt as all these nation's but at least it has at its foundation excellent principles.
  • Bremenacht 21 Jan 2013 22:11:23 17,613 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wooooooooo! Go Obama!

That's what we want to hear from Obama: fighting talk! Well, not quite, but I hope this really is a statement of intent, rather than an advance apology for future appeasement.
  • Bremenacht 9 Feb 2013 18:12:08 17,613 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What's America's problem?

Massive amounts of snow!

America's NE seems to be turning into a rather challenging place to live, going by the extreme weather behavior alone.
  • fletch7100 11 Feb 2013 07:38:11 6,990 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2013/02/faa-releases-new-list-drone-authorizations-your-local-law-enforcement-agency-map
  • Deleted user 12 February 2013 17:54:22
    How on earth is north Korea a threat to USA? Even if they made a nuclear missile it would unlikely reach the main land America. If it did then USA have to weapons to make Korea a crater.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21429544
  • Deleted user 12 February 2013 17:57:06
    Presumably this sentence sheds some light on the comments:

"Earlier, Pyongyang said "even stronger" action might follow, saying its test was a response to US "hostility"."
  • Inertia 12 Feb 2013 17:58:08 676 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Technology improves. But how about if they aimed it at South Korea. Let's see how strong your grasp of global politics is? What do you reckon would happen?
  • Deleted user 12 February 2013 17:59:06
    My point exactly. They have not the ability to strike at America. Just tough talking with nothing to back it up.
  • Deleted user 12 February 2013 18:01:02
    If Korea launch a nuclear strike on anyone it would be green light for American action.

Even China do not support Korea being nuclear. China tge only thing protecting it. If they just launch a nuke they seal their fate.
  • Deleted user 12 February 2013 18:02:28
    They have nothing to strike America with, but they have plenty of other targets. The US has been the hardest to sanction North Korea. Pyongyang is effectively saying "back off", but the US is suggesting that backing off could be worse than trying to contain them. That's where the threat lies - if the US doesn't approach this correctly then NK could attack somewhere else.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 12 Feb 2013 18:04:14 25,426 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    How is North Korea having nuclear weapons not a threat to them?

M.A.D. also probably goes out the window when the leader of the country in question is...well...mad.

Edited by StarchildHypocrethes at 18:04:57 12-02-2013
  • LeoliansBro 12 Feb 2013 18:04:16 43,245 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    How on earth is north Korea a threat to USA? Even if they made a nuclear missile it would unlikely reach the main land America. If it did then USA have to weapons to make Korea a crater.

They put a satellite in orbit a few months ago so they have the range, all they've got to do is crack re-entry. And I think the concern is that even if America inevitably 'won' a war against North Korea, there would still have been a nuclear detonation in the US. Dunno but I reckon they're probs keen to avoid that.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Inertia 12 Feb 2013 18:05:48 676 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    China are allies to North Korea. Unlikely they would do nothing. Who is richer and more capable of engaging in long term warfare America or China? Who would favour the role of showing their imperial force and announcing their power to the world stage?

Also you can't just nuke countries because they have neighbours who might be a tad upset with all their food and water becoming contaminated and poisoned. Those neighbours being allies to America.
  • Deleted user 12 February 2013 18:05:49
    Pepsipop wrote:
    If Korea launch a nuclear strike on anyone it would be green light for American action.

Even China do not support Korea being nuclear. China tge only thing protecting it. If they just launch a nuke they seal their fate.
    Well, yes. This is why it's being identified as a rogue state. The point being that absolutely no-one wants them to launch a nuclear strike on anyone. That's literally the worst case scenario. This isn't poker - they can't call their bluff and hope they don't launch. Absolutely everything in their power will be done to prevent a launch, not goad them into doing so and mopping it up afterwards.
  • Deleted user 12 February 2013 18:10:12
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Pepsipop wrote:

They put a satellite in orbit a few months ago so they have the range, all they've got to do is crack re-entry. And I think the concern is that even if America inevitably 'won' a war against North Korea, there would still have been a nuclear detonation in the US. Dunno but I reckon they're probs keen to avoid that.
    I assume you are aware of Americas missile defense system? One missile would not have a chance.
  • LeoliansBro 12 Feb 2013 18:13:32 43,245 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I assume you are aware of its success rate. Better surely to prevent a launch entirely than allow it and hope you can shoot it down. What if something goes wrong?

• Deleted user 12 February 2013 18:13:38
    America's missile defense system is still decades away from being effective against an unplanned strike. It's like looking into space - you have to basically be looking in the right place at the right time to be able to do anything. It's not a case of "MISSILE LAUNCH, SHOOT IT DOWN".

But again, that's still beside the point. Even launching a nuke and having it shot down is one of the worst things imaginable for the world.
  • nickthegun 12 Feb 2013 18:15:54 58,882 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    I assume you are aware of its success rate.
    Of course she is. IQ of 150, remember?

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Deleted user 12 February 2013 18:21:05
    Nick if I had a penis you would be sucking it daily.
  • Tonka 12 Feb 2013 18:21:12 20,023 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Vinna would lose more from siding with north Korea than the US.

They'd lose sweet fuck all of north Korea won't up in flames tbh.

Edited by Tonka at 18:22:03 12-02-2013

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• LeoliansBro 12 Feb 2013 18:24:02 43,245 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Revan, to be fair to nick, this 'don't worry about North Korea because the US will win' isn't the first assertion you've made on here which doesn't really stand up to scrutiny, or suggests that you don't have an IQ of 150.

Not saying you don't, just that you come across as less intelligent.

Edited by LeoliansBro at 18:24:29 12-02-2013

• nickthegun 12 Feb 2013 18:28:09 58,882 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    Nick if I had a penis you would be sucking it daily.
    If you have an IQ of 150 I would actually suck your dick.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Deleted user 12 February 2013 18:29:26
    Forum so.extreme to my every post, it is comical. I never said n. Korea, don't worry about them at all. I said they are not a threat to USA. They are a threat to the peninsula and a damaging affect on stability.
  • Deleted user 12 February 2013 18:31:41
    They're a threat to the USA because that's who they're directly testing. But that doesn't mean they're ONLY a threat to the USA. The context of those comments came from the Pentagon Chief giving a speech to the US press about homeland defense - of course he's going to chiefly mention the US impact.
  • Page

of 184 First / Last