What's America's problem? Page 159

• Page

of 184 First / Last

• Psychotext 12 Nov 2012 02:46:54 53,915 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rodney wrote:
    Do they really think America is the last bastion of freedom and capitalism in a world of communist dictatorships?
    There's a very, very short answer to that question.

Duh.
  • Psychotext 12 Nov 2012 05:00:34 53,915 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You were warned, you fools.

Obama: 'Help Us Destroy Jesus And Start A New Age Of Liberal Darkness'

CHARLOTTE, NC—With the savage roar of the heathen Democratic horde rising all around him, President Barack Obama delivered an incendiary speech to close his party’s national convention Thursday night, commanding the ultraprogressive minions in attendance to help him “destroy Jesus and usher in a new age of liberal darkness that shall reign o’er the earth for a thousand years.”

The thunderous 45-minute address—during which the president argued for a second term so that he could “finally kill Jesus once and for all, as well as all those who worship him”—was well received by the frenzied, wild-eyed audience, whose piercing chants of “Four more years!” and “Slaughter the believers!” echoed throughout the Time Warner Cable Arena.

“My fellow Americans and godless infidels, I command you to join me as we cast an endless pall of far-left evil across the hills and valleys of our nation!” Obama bellowed from the stage, as thousands in attendance moaned in compliance and gyrated their hips and groins in a lascivious dance. “Together, as a barbarian people forged by the wicked flames of irreligiosity and united by visions of a liberal dystopia, we will rise up as one to scorch the earth with boundless amorality.”

“The streets shall run red with the blood of forced sodomy, performed daily upon every American man, woman, and child!” the commander-in-chief shouted, froth forming around his mouth as the crowd threw hundreds of aborted fetuses onto the stage. “Die, Christians, die!”

Slamming his fists on the lectern until his hands began to bleed, Obama proceeded to lay out a “three-point plan of sin and lechery” for his second term. If reelected, the president said, he would begin by banning organized religion entirely—starting with Christianity—and burning all churches to the ground, preferably “with their wretched, Jesus-loving congregants still huddled inside like rats.”

As members of the audience violently tugged at their genitals and howled like sex-starved, atheist wolves, Obama stated that his administration would then seek to make free, taxpayer-funded abortions legal at any stage of pregnancy, even up to one full year after birth, in order to supply his newly created “federal stem-cell harvesting plants” with raw materials.

In addition, the cackling president vowed to “end traditional marriage as we know it” by passing legislation that would allow only homosexuals to raise children, a longtime Democratic policy goal.

“A glorious new age of sinister, unconstrained liberalism is dawning! Oh, dear Satan, I can feel it coursing through my veins at this very moment!” shrieked Obama, ripping off his shirt to reveal an ornate tattoo of a pentagram, with a different homosexual act positioned at each of the star’s five points. “Agnosticism, contempt for human life, and radical sexual experimentation shall rule the day! Any good, virtuous, family-values-oriented Christian Americans who seek to topple our magnificent liberal kingdom of eternal darkness will be powerless to stop us! We will crush them!”

Added Obama, “Thank you, may Satan reward you all, and may God tremble in fear at the United States of America!”

The president was then handed an unbaptized, orphaned newborn baby drenched in the blood of 666 slaughtered Christians, which he handed over to its new, gleefully squealing homosexual parents.
  • Rodney 12 Nov 2012 06:12:53 1,859 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What's the point in killing Jesus. He'll just come back again
  • Toonster 12 Nov 2012 08:22:42 6,839 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Probably should point out that it's from The Onion, but I'm sure many people can deduce that.

3DS: 0361-6951-2609 (Tom)

• Rodney 12 Nov 2012 08:36:57 1,859 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It comes close to a Poe
  • Psychotext 12 Nov 2012 11:05:30 53,915 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This time in real news:

What the electoral map would have looked like if only the votes of white men counted. You can sort of see why many republicans would like to deny women and minorities the vote.
  • FogHeart 12 Nov 2012 13:37:50 944 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's easy to draw the wrong conclusion from that map, it can make white Americans look deeply racist. In many states coloured red on that map the difference may be only 1 or 2 per cent. The conclusion is, of course, that a tiny minority of true racists could have a huge impact on the result if only white men voted.

A map showing the swing of white men's votes compared to everyone else in each state would better show where racism lay.
  • FogHeart 12 Nov 2012 13:39:41 944 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rodney wrote:
    It comes close to a Poe
    Maybe that was the idea - to make it so massively over the top that surely no one would dare try to make it into a 'Poe' and then see if anyone would.
  • Dirtbox 12 Nov 2012 13:43:15 77,646 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    HELLO GUYS I AM SPEAKING TO YOU FROM AMERICA STOP

IT IS NOT AS BAD AS THIS THREAD MAKES IT SEEM STOP

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• President_Weasel 12 Nov 2012 13:47:37 9,126 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hello Dirtbox. It is pretty bad though, really, isn't it?
  • Dirtbox 12 Nov 2012 13:58:07 77,646 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ACTUALLY YES STOP

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• monkman76 12 Nov 2012 13:59:33 4,134 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    FogHeart wrote:
    It's easy to draw the wrong conclusion from that map, it can make white Americans look deeply racist. In many states coloured red on that map the difference may be only 1 or 2 per cent. The conclusion is, of course, that a tiny minority of true racists could have a huge impact on the result if only white men voted.

A map showing the swing of white men's votes compared to everyone else in each state would better show where racism lay.
    You're equating voting Romney with being a racist, which seems entirely unfair. I would guess only a very small proportion of whites voting for Romney did so because his opponent was black - mostly it would have been for economic or social reasons. Of course that doesn't mean there aren't racists who hate having a black president, but merely voting for the other guy doesn't automatically make you racist, so even your suggested map wouldn't tell you anything about where racism lies.
  • RedSparrows 12 Nov 2012 13:59:35 22,216 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    PLEASE.

Never gets old.
  • FogHeart 12 Nov 2012 14:24:35 944 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @monkman76 I don't know if there is a concrete way of ferreting out a stat which conclusively shows where racism lies given the data on hand, but surely showing how the split of the white male vote differs from the norm for that state is the closest you can get. This difference isn't going to be exclusively racists, but aside from blatantly asking voters you can't do any better.

But by taking a state that's voted for Obama and changing it to red as has happened in the linked image, there's a danger of implying that all the other voters had to 'fight off' the votes from white males, whereas really the white male vote may differ from the norm very, very slightly indeed - a difference too slight to attribute to racism.

Let's take a theoretical example. Say, for the sake of argument, there's a state where the vote was split 50.1% Obama, 49.9% Romney. But the white male vote is 49.9% Obama, 50.1% Romney. A swing of 0.2%. It turns the state red.

Now take another state which is 60% Obama, 40% Romney, but white male vote is 52% Obama, 48% Romney. Still blue in this diagram, but the swing is a full 8%, forty times more than the previous example. Then you think something fishy is going on with white male votes.

That's why I'd prefer to see swing.

Edited by FogHeart at 14:32:08 12-11-2012
  • monkman76 12 Nov 2012 14:46:37 4,134 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I agree with you on the relative margins of victory, I just don't think it's anything you can link to racism in a meaningful way.
  • Psychotext 12 Nov 2012 15:18:04 53,915 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    In fairness I'd be happy to bet my house on the map looking pretty much the same in reverse if they did the same for how black men voted.
  • w00t 12 Nov 2012 15:24:39 11,065 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Some stats

93% of African-American votes went to Obama

The day charity died - NEVER FORGET

(the mic was OK in the end)

• jellyhead 12 Nov 2012 15:27:59 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @w00t Obviously racists.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• sport 12 Nov 2012 15:30:28 12,675 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    STAY SAFE DIRTBOX. GOD BLESS.
  • nickthegun 12 Nov 2012 15:37:29 59,340 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    http://jezebel.com/5958490/twitter-racists-react-to-that-nigger-getting-reelected/gallery/1

Someone took these tweets and extracted the metadata or whatever and came up with a racist map of the US. Youll have to google that one for yourselves.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• senso-ji 12 Nov 2012 16:11:16 5,839 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Twitter really needs to be nuked from orbit.
  • Deleted user 12 November 2012 16:17:05
    nickthegun wrote:
    http://jezebel.com/5958490/twitter-racists-react-to-that-nigger-getting-reelected/gallery/1

Someone took these tweets and extracted the metadata or whatever and came up with a racist map of the US. Youll have to google that one for yourselves.
    I'm genuinely surprised as to how many of them are coming from young women. It seems to be the in thing for teens/early 20s women to be neo-nazi nowadays.
  • jellyhead 12 Nov 2012 16:18:45 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    NeoNazi... or fucking young and stupid.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• AcidSnake 12 Nov 2012 16:19:27 7,233 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's the only way to be sure people like "ImNotRacist" don't then use "@antiDARKSKINNED" as a username...What the hell?

It amazes me how casually some people throw around the word "nigger"...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• IMO 12 Nov 2012 16:33:19 5,624 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My favourite:

The movie 2012 first New York floods and there is a nigger in office also. See a coinensadince
    I'm laughing too much to be outraged tbh.
  • Moot_Point 12 Nov 2012 16:41:11 3,959 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @IMO Is that the legacy of the Obama education system?

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• Psychotext 12 Nov 2012 17:00:22 53,915 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    AcidSnake wrote:
    It amazes me how casually some people throw around the word "nigger"...
    I must say, that's one of the few words that literally makes me cringe when certain (white trash) people say it.
  • Psychotext 12 Nov 2012 17:00:53 53,915 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    lol, coinensadince. What a great word. :D
  • FWB 12 Nov 2012 17:07:30 44,081 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Coienensadfince? Not even sure how you manage to misspell that. Fucking retard.

Glad to see some of the posters have tracked them down and forward said tweets to their schools.
  • teamHAM 12 Nov 2012 17:32:40 2,860 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:

Twitter *shudder*

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Page

of 184 First / Last