Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Slapfight. :D
  • SuperCoolEskimo 17 Oct 2012 02:24:35 9,983 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Obama is giving Romney a beating.
  • Deleted user 17 October 2012 02:26:38
    This chair needs to take control. Romney's managed to elbow in the last word twice now.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 17 Oct 2012 02:27:32 9,983 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Big promises by Romney on tax.
  • Mola_Ram 17 Oct 2012 02:35:01 7,939 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Obama could be doing more to point at Romney's vagueness. Hell, Romney just got a question that he didn't even really answer. Why not point that out?
  • SuperCoolEskimo 17 Oct 2012 02:44:11 9,983 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The question is about equal pay for men/woman. Obama talks about a bill he introduced to aid this, while Romney waffles on about how he hired a woman one time and gave her flexible working hours.
  • Deleted user 17 October 2012 02:46:28
    Good site for live fact-checking - http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/
  • SuperCoolEskimo 17 Oct 2012 03:01:02 9,983 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    She just called Romney 'President'.
  • Deleted user 17 October 2012 03:02:26
    Yeah, I caught that. Though I'm half-wondering if she was trying to say hello to Obama there. Was weird.
  • Deleted user 17 October 2012 03:07:13
    Subtly calling the Arizona thing racist without using the R word there.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 17 Oct 2012 03:09:54 9,983 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That was petty.. Romney ignoring the question and sniping back at Obama's comments earlier on his Chinese investments and pressing Obama on his pension.
  • Mola_Ram 17 Oct 2012 03:22:32 7,939 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Good response on the embassy attack question, and thank you for reminding us what Romney's initial response was.
  • Deleted user 17 October 2012 03:29:54
    Called out on a lie by the moderator herself. Nice.

Edited by meme at 03:30:03 17-10-2012
  • SuperCoolEskimo 17 Oct 2012 03:36:54 9,983 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Manufacturing work is out of reach for the West, now. Companies won't squeeze their margins to create manufacturing jobs here, and western workers won't accept (and probably can't survive on) global market rates for manufacturing work.

Annoys me that people don't realise this and keep believing these myths.
  • Mola_Ram 17 Oct 2012 03:55:09 7,939 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Spin prediction: the audience and moderator were in the tank for Obama
  • localnotail 17 Oct 2012 03:58:30 23,093 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    My favourite bit from tonight's Guardian liveblog:
    2.03am:Here they are, and once again the carpet tonight is a bright red, making the candidates seem to be wading through a blood-stained pit from a game of Doom circa 1995.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• Psychotext 17 Oct 2012 04:01:16 54,759 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I wonder if Romney genuinely thinks he can do anything about China.

Because if he puts America into a trade war with them it's really not going to end well.
  • Lamb 17 Oct 2012 20:34:28 474 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Abe Lincoln won man, Abe Lincoln. :p :D

Barack Obama vs Mitt Romney. Epic Rap Battles Of History Season 2.

Edited by Lamb at 20:34:38 17-10-2012
  • Bremenacht 18 Oct 2012 19:53:32 19,234 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Oh! And when you're in power..

- cut any funding to soup kitchens. They appear to have nothing to do anyway.
    Silly me. No need to wait until you're in power before you fuck the soup kitchen over!

Soup Kitchen In Paul Ryan Photo-Op Faces Donor Backlash
  • Bremenacht 18 Oct 2012 19:54:11 19,234 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I didn't follow the debate at all this time. Did Obama win this time?
  • Psychotext 18 Oct 2012 20:57:39 54,759 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pretty much.
  • ecu 19 Oct 2012 01:51:57 77,210 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    As you watch the video, notice the man (is that a British accent?) asking Romney how he can “duplicate” an Iran hostage type scenario. Instead of dismissing the question as going against American interests, Romney agrees that the strategy would be beneficial. The entire video is worth a listen but at the end, Romney says, “if something of that nature presents itself, I will work to take advantage of the opportunity.”

Just HOW is this guy still in with a chance?
  • Mola_Ram 19 Oct 2012 02:03:43 7,939 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Because people don't pay attention?
  • Deleted user 19 October 2012 02:11:36
    It's a retarded comment, and he's a retard for making said retarded comment (triple retard combo!) but ultimately, the context of the video is making comments for people who actively want (and pay) for him to be president. I'd be surprised if the Obama camp didn't secretly think the same thing, that if some sort of international crisis happened, that it could theoretically and in part help him win the election.

Of course, the difference is that Obama wouldn't say that openly. But I think saying that he's "hoping" for such a situation is a pretty bias interpretation.

(disclaimer - Mittens is a triple retard)
  • RobTheBuilder 19 Oct 2012 02:12:39 6,521 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Because a lot of Americans have been trained to see politics as a religious type movement in which you pick a side and never deviate, meaning the real issues are never very important in determining results.
  • ecu 19 Oct 2012 02:38:14 77,210 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think saying it is a pretty huge difference tbh. Personally I don't see Obama as the type of character that would want to gain politically from this kind of situation, there are times to score points and this isn't one of them. But there's the difference, even if you think it, you don't say it. Obviously Obama has a political facade, but he does come across as someone who is, for the most part, acting in the best interests of the country and its citizens. I think his actions since taking office have suggested that.

As for Romney, I think the guy is a sociopath. I don't know how he still has support from any average US citizen. He could go on TV for the next debate, shit on the floor and roll about in it, and people would still vote for him. He knows that people will vote for him no matter what he does, and his campaign has been a disaster that would have destroyed a democratic candidates chances a long time ago. I'm not a huge Obama fan or anything, just looking at it objectively he's the best choice by a distance. American politics affects the entire world, I'd be concerned about Romney dragging Britain in to another war should he take office.

It's like Americans treat politics like sports. You're brought up to be either Democrat or Republican, and instead of voting for the party whose ideologies align with yours, your take your ideologies based on what your party tells you. You have to wonder how long a country can operate like this before something snaps.
  • Deleted user 19 October 2012 04:19:11
    I dunno, there's a lot of undecided voters this time around. It's not really a case of Republicans vote Republican and Democrats vote Democrat. I know a lot of Dems who are talking about voting GOP simply because they've lost faith in Obama. He did promise a lot and ultimately failed to deliver in a lot of ways. Then there's the people who aren't inherently Republican but are exceptionally constitutional, and ultimately the GOPs are, in spirit but not necessarily in practice, more interested in the reduced role of Federal government that the original US Constitution was based on. The main problem is they want to reduce the role and give it to corporate players rather than state/individual level.

But yeah, Romney's a fucking alien who thinks he can act like a person. And Ryan's a robot covered in human flesh.
  • Mola_Ram 19 Oct 2012 04:30:16 7,939 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago

Possibly relevant.
  • Dangerous_Dan 19 Oct 2012 07:40:13 2,378 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So people actually watch those "debates"?
    I'm more curious about overall voter participation in the end. That's going to be the biggest faction and rightly so.

They should make a tick box for active non-participation. I'd be curious about the size of that demographic group.
  • ecu 19 Oct 2012 23:33:59 77,210 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Romnesia.
  • Page

of 185 First / Last