Anyone else find part of this story o_0?

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous
  • Khanivor 16 Jul 2009 15:37:16 39,883 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Harry Potter actor arrested for growing weed.

There's part of this story that needs clarification, at the very least.
  • Deleted user 16 July 2009 15:39:19
    The bit about how the officers arrested him purely on the basis that they'd seen him pointing his camera at them as he drove past?

Yeah, that fucking sucks.
  • Articulate-Troll 16 Jul 2009 15:41:05 3,104 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'd feel sorry for him if he wasn't such a fucking muppet for also having photos of his weed growing activities on his camera.
  • cubbymoore 16 Jul 2009 15:41:30 36,441 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Which part then? Being arrested for filming a police officer?
  • JohnnyWashnGo 16 Jul 2009 15:42:16 1,544 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What with this story on the BBC and this one from the Register yesterday, http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07/15/tall_photographers/, its starting to look like our freedom to take photographs of whatever we like is being limited or treated as a national security risk.

This country has gone to the shitter in the last 10 years.
  • pjmaybe 16 Jul 2009 15:42:22 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Glad to hear he's as intelligent as his onscreen counterpart.

Twonk!

Didn't know you could get arrested for taking pics of coppers, though. How do the Top Gear lot get away with filming 'em then?
  • Deleted user 16 July 2009 15:43:06
    Khani does drugs you know
  • Deleted user 16 July 2009 15:43:56
    pjmaybe wrote:
    Glad to hear he's as intelligent as his onscreen counterpart.

Twonk!

Didn't know you could get arrested for taking pics of coppers, though. How do the Top Gear lot get away with filming 'em then?
    Same boss.
  • Deleted user 16 July 2009 15:45:18
    The problem is that it's all down to the discretion of the officer. If Plod doesn't like the cut of your jib, he's within his rights to nick you if you so much as point a camera in his direction. All part of the anti-terrorist laws. You see, terrorists go around taking photos of Plod so they can identify and target them in some nefarious way.

There's absolutely no question of the law being abused by officers. I mean, no member of the police force is going to harbour unsubstantiated grudges against the general public for any reason, they're the pillar of the community - anyone arrested for taking a photo that has a policeman in it is indubitably a terrorist of some variety.

Also, not that I work in TV or anything, but I heard that Plod now has a department dedicated to victimising er I mean monitoring the media at potential hot-spots such as, say, public protests or whatever. Media that turn up at these to legitimately film them for news etc, even those that have been authorised to be there by other police departments. They can be stopped, searched, names taken and follow up interviews at your own home or place of work pursued sometimes weeks later with no notice, cameras and tapes confiscated for no good reason, all sorts - all in the name of protecting the security and identity of police officers and preventing potential terrorism.

Meanwhile, our Metropolitan force gets to deliberately obscure their badge numbers at large scale events such as the whole financial district rioting chaos.

I'm not a big fan of the police these days. There's some fucking cunts in there ruining it for all the ones that actually care.
  • cubbymoore 16 Jul 2009 15:48:43 36,441 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    owen is both sarcastic and cynical
  • Deleted user 16 July 2009 15:50:26
    The best type of person!
  • Deleted user 16 July 2009 15:51:00
    Cubby tells it like it is.

Mowgli loves to kiss arse.
  • Deleted user 16 July 2009 15:51:13
    cubbymoore wrote:
    cubby has nothing better to do than make stupid remarks supposedly at my expense.
  • PearOfAnguish 16 Jul 2009 15:51:25 6,989 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Perhaps the arresting officer was an over-zealous Potter fan and, unable to separate fact from fiction, concerned that this young gentleman was bullying someone. Was his friend wearing robes and carrying a broom?
  • cubbymoore 16 Jul 2009 15:53:51 36,441 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    MrED209 wrote:
    cubbymoore wrote:
    cubby has nothing better to do than make stupid remarks supposedly at my expense.
    i was telling others more simple than ourselves the subtext
  • Gradius 16 Jul 2009 15:54:02 2,305 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm glad he got nicked, he looks like a twat, hopefully Daniel Radcliffe will get done next for molesting barnyard animals with his 'wand' or some such skulduggery.
  • Deleted user 16 July 2009 15:56:30
    You're glad he looked nicked because he looks like a twat?
  • Deleted user 16 July 2009 15:57:25
    cubbymoore wrote:
    MrED209 wrote:
    cubbymoore wrote:
    Hmm. Good point. I'll put together a feature request to craigy - the 'subtext' button that will reveal under any given post. Should be a winner!
  • Deleted user 16 July 2009 15:57:51
    squarejawhero wrote:
    You're glad he looked nicked because he looks like a twat?
    Well that's the reason the officers nicked him in the first place, so if it's good enough for them...!
  • cubbymoore 16 Jul 2009 15:58:33 36,441 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    gradius judges news stories just by looking at the pictures
  • Deleted user 16 July 2009 15:59:27
    To be fair, he could just have been making two unconnected statements with poor use of punctuation.

I'm glad he got nicked. And he looks like a twat.
  • Deleted user 16 July 2009 15:59:43
    MrED209 wrote:
    cubbymoore wrote:
    MrED209 wrote:
    cubbymoore wrote:
    Hmm. Good point. I'll put together a feature request to craigy - the 'subtext' button that will reveal under any given post. Should be a winner!

alternatively, just replace 'IMO' with 'I am a cunt' in every post on the forum
  • ilmaestro 16 Jul 2009 15:59:47 32,299 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    How many non-retards do you know that go around taking pictures of the police? I mean, seriously, you're carrying around evidence on your camera that you're breaking the law, and you take drive by pics of a police officer? I'd maybe care if I could stop laughing at the stupidity.

• Deleted user 16 July 2009 16:00:22
    MrED209 wrote:
    cubbymoore wrote:
    MrED209 wrote:
    cubbymoore wrote:
    /presses subtext button

/feels very uncomfortable

/...and a little curious.
  • Deleted user 16 July 2009 16:00:35
    ilmaestro wrote:
    How many non-retards do you know that go around taking pictures of the police?
    I have quite a few photos in my collection that feature policemen either incidentally or prominently. I realise this post leaves me wide open to retard-related gags.
  • Deleted user 16 July 2009 16:00:51
    Gremmi wrote:
    MrED209 wrote:
    cubbymoore wrote:
    MrED209 wrote:
    cubbymoore wrote:

alternatively, just replace 'IMO' with 'I am a cunt' in every post on the forum
    You must be bloody busy now with grayson and fluffy gone!
  • ilmaestro 16 Jul 2009 16:02:40 32,299 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    MrED209 wrote:
    I have quite a few photos in my collection that feature policemen either incidentally or prominently.
    I believe you've "walked into that one", but I'll let someone else make the obvious joke. :p

But honestly, taking surreptitious photos of police officers? Or anyone, for that matter? You don't at all see how that could be consider suspicious behavior?

edit: lol, you did realize at least. :D

• Deleted user 16 July 2009 16:02:49
    disussedgenius wrote:
    MrED209 wrote:
    cubbymoore wrote:
    MrED209 wrote:
    cubbymoore wrote:
    /presses subtext button

/feels very uncomfortable

/...and a little curious.
    I ought to say I nicked the gag from Mitchell and Webb... :D
  • Deleted user 16 July 2009 16:05:10
    ilmaestro wrote:
    MrED209 wrote:
    I have quite a few photos in my collection that feature policemen either incidentally or prominently.
    I believe you've "walked into that one", but I'll let someone else make the obvious joke. :p

But honestly, taking surreptitious photos of police officers? Or anyone, for that matter? You don't at all see how that could be consider suspicious behavior?
    Of course I do. It's yet another sad side effect of this paranoid culture the British government has helped to cultivate - although the British public lap it up so they're just as much to blame.

It doesn't stop me from continuing to take creative and aesthetically pleasing photos that happen to feature people that aren't necessarily aware they're being photographed, where possible. I wouldn't ever take a photo of someone that obviously compromises them, though.
  • mrpon 16 Jul 2009 16:05:15 27,645 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    MrED209 wrote:
    cubbymoore wrote:
    MrED209 wrote:
    cubbymoore wrote:
    He's busy at the moment, think I saw him rollerblading hand in hand with kalel.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous