Self drive holidays in West Coast USA Page 3

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Next
  • TheSaint 11 Apr 2011 15:14:03 14,303 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    From Napa I would drive over to Lake Tahoe, you could even stop in Sacramento and spend a night there looking around. It's an amazing place that hardly any Brits seem to go to.

When we went I looked into the drive from there to Vegas past the salt flats at Mono lake and along the east edge of Yosemite but we didn't have time to fit it all in. Apparently the route has quite a few gold rush era ghost towns nearby that I would love to have explored if we had the time.

Edit: Or it's only a short drive from Lake Tahoe to Reno where you could fly down to Vegas.
  • Khanivor 7 Jul 2011 00:07:01 40,542 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You're going to PA? If a customer if ours is a cocksucker they invariably come from that state.
  • Red-Moose 7 Jul 2011 19:27:05 5,346 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Don't forget the ludes
  • AdmiralPellaeon 22 Feb 2012 14:49:56 347 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just started planning my honeymoon I get married in October & go away in December.... thinking about a west coast drive.

Something along the lines of fly to San Fran then drive to, Yosemite, Las vegas, Hoover dam, Gran Canyon, monument valley, Lake Havasu, LA (Then fly from LAX to Los Cabos in Mexico for a few days at the beach) 2 weeks in total.

Have I missed anything obvious in the general area I am visiting?
  • TheSaint 22 Feb 2012 14:58:50 14,303 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Worth bearing in mind that lots of Yosemite will be closed in December. Vegas and San Francisco will also be quite cold.

Also not sure how you are planning to do everything but Hoover dam, Grand Canyon and monument valley are all accessible as day trips from Vegas.
  • El_MUERkO 22 Feb 2012 15:11:43 16,975 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    AdmiralPellaeon wrote:
    Just started planning my honeymoon I get married in October & go away in December.... thinking about a west coast drive.

Something along the lines of fly to San Fran then drive to, Yosemite, Las vegas, Hoover dam, Gran Canyon, monument valley, Lake Havasu, LA (Then fly from LAX to Los Cabos in Mexico for a few days at the beach) 2 weeks in total.

Myself and Fi drove down Highway 1 from San Francisco to Los Angles, stopped the night in Monterey which is lovely and has an amazing Aquarium. Stunning drive, you need a head for heights though, driving South you're on the cliff edge :)
  • Ginger 4 Oct 2012 14:58:11 6,829 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    El_MUERkO wrote:
    AdmiralPellaeon wrote:

Myself and Fi drove down Highway 1 from San Francisco to Los Angles, stopped the night in Monterey which is lovely and has an amazing Aquarium. Stunning drive, you need a head for heights though, driving South you're on the cliff edge :)
    Yeah, highway 1 is awesome but if you're not confident driving on roads where 1 side is fall into the pacific you're going to struggle.

London open taekwondo champion

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Next