---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• kalel 16 May 2013 09:25:27 87,688 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Rafa is now, by all accounts, gunning for the everton
    Surely he can do better.

I'd have thought he be in line for Real. He has very strong links with the club and is well liked in Spain, and his success at Chelsea re-asserts his credentials.
  • mcmonkeyplc 16 May 2013 09:26:02 39,457 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    TheHammerite wrote:
    We'll have to settle for Mourinho
    Where have you been for 12 months?!

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Commander-Keen 16 May 2013 09:26:34 808 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    senso-ji wrote:
    According to former Chelsea player Nigel Spackman, JT won't be at Chelsea next season.
    There are rumours that they're trying to flog him to some Turkish sides, I think. To give Roman his due, he does appear to have a long memory. The player responsible for poisoning the dressing room against previous managers are slowly being shipped out where possible. Drogba - gone. EBALJT - trying. Just Lampard left who after this season they'll probably be forced to extend his contract.
  • kalel 16 May 2013 09:29:37 87,688 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What's really interesting about that, is it means that Mourinho doesn't want Terry.
  • Commander-Keen 16 May 2013 09:34:43 808 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    How could he possibly not want an ageing, toxic, injury prone, creaking racist with the turning arc of the Titanic?

IT MAKES NO SENSE!
  • TheSaint 16 May 2013 09:38:39 14,397 posts
    Seen 50 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Surely it is only fair that Chelsea get a chance to defend their trophy next season despite not meeting the criteria to qualify for the competition outright?
  • Widge Moderator 16 May 2013 09:45:00 13,593 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I saw WELL DONE CHELSEA. Was rather pleased to see that they did it.

Less of a fan of the shots I saw on the news of everyone bleating on about Mourinho.

Yep, tell the man who just brought you a trophy to shit off. He won't have done too bad to handle a mid-season transition, bring in a European trophy and steer a side to 3rd (most likely) in the league.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Commander-Keen 16 May 2013 09:52:20 808 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    Less of a fan of the shots I saw on the news of everyone bleating on about Mourinho.

Yep, tell the man who just brought you a trophy to shit off. He won't have done too bad to handle a mid-season transition, bring in a European trophy and steer a side to 3rd (most likely) in the league.
    To be honest, I think that's why so many people dislike Chelsea as a club - from top to bottom they simply lack any class or dignity. They're obviously not alone in that (West Ham also spring straight to mind), but any possible chance the club and their fans get to show a bit of class and character, to show their mettle as a club, they'll always behave like dogs instead.

As Kalel said previously, at least with Arsenal, you can respect them. It's hard to respect a club where John Terry is pretty much the human manifestation of their collective soul.
  • Baihu1983 16 May 2013 09:52:56 3,434 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    Surely it is only fair that Chelsea get a chance to defend their trophy next season despite not meeting the criteria to qualify for the competition outright?
    That's what i said. They got into the CL this year so they could defend it so surely it should be the same for this?
  • mcmonkeyplc 16 May 2013 10:00:52 39,457 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Commander Keen wrote:
    Widge wrote:

To be honest, I think that's why so many people dislike Chelsea as a club - from top to bottom they simply lack any class or dignity. They're obviously not alone in that (West Ham also spring straight to mind), but any possible chance the club and their fans get to show a bit of class and character, to show their mettle as a club, they'll always behave like dogs instead.

As Kalel said previously, at least with Arsenal, you can respect them. It's hard to respect a club where John Terry is pretty much the human manifestation of their collective soul.
    This is it precisely.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Dougs 16 May 2013 10:02:09 67,733 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Commander Keen wrote:
    Widge wrote:

Speaking of which:

Gareth Evans @GazEvans03
    What a wonderful day, double European Champions & only 4 days until the fat Spanish waiter leaves our club!
  • nickthegun 16 May 2013 10:05:43 59,937 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    Rafa is now, by all accounts, gunning for the everton
    Surely he can do better.

I'd have thought he be in line for Real. He has very strong links with the club and is well liked in Spain, and his success at Chelsea re-asserts his credentials.
    Apparently Ranieri is in the frame for Real.

• Deckard1 16 May 2013 10:08:43 27,986 posts
    Seen 53 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Rafa has come out of this looking great to be honest. Kept his dignity and has done a good job. Chelsea fans have just further shown what scum they are.
  • Shikasama 16 May 2013 10:14:21 6,836 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Gaz and Skeggsy should do commentary
  • Commander-Keen 16 May 2013 10:16:25 808 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Commander Keen wrote:
    Widge wrote:

Speaking of which:

Gareth Evans @GazEvans03
    What a wonderful day, double European Champions & only 4 days until the fat Spanish waiter leaves our club!
    Christ.
  • nickthegun 16 May 2013 10:20:03 59,937 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, heard similar on the radio this morning. They basically cant stand to lose face, so wont climb down. Hes proven them wrong, got a few games out of torres and generally carried himself quite well.

They, on the other hand, have just come off like cranks.

• mikew1985 16 May 2013 10:22:21 12,741 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I heard them singing Fat Spanish Waiter several times at the Villa game at the weekend, before and after they took the lead.

Such a bunch of classless twats.

As the Hammerite beautifully reinforces.

Edited by mikew1985 at 10:23:08 16-05-2013
  • kalel 16 May 2013 10:24:19 87,688 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I just wonder if we're about to see a season like Kenny's return to Liverpool for Chelsea.
  • Deckard1 16 May 2013 10:27:11 27,986 posts
    Seen 53 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'd love to see it, but Mourinho is too good for that to be honest. Dalglish was a confused old man when he went back to Liverpool.
  • Shikasama 16 May 2013 10:27:53 6,836 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    He can still be found haunting the corridors of Anfield
  • Commander-Keen 16 May 2013 10:30:09 808 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    I just wonder if we're about to see a season like Kenny's return to Liverpool for Chelsea.
    Yeah, there is definitely that risk.

I've always been a fan of the idea that you should never go back. There is almost everything to lose, and next to nothing that you would gain. At least not that you'd equally get from going elsewhere.

Mourinho's motivation seems pretty opaque to me. What's his game with going back to Chelsea? We already know that he's not likely to get on with Roman, so what does he get out of it? Maybe he's peaked and thinks he can't do any better, but surely he risks undermining his status as a legend at Chelsea?

That said, I don't think he'll be as bad as Dalglish, though that's not saying much. But it's a kin to get back together with an ex who has spent the last five years pining for you. You have to ask at some point what's been stopping them from moving on...
  • nickthegun 16 May 2013 10:32:55 59,937 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its not like mourinho has been out of football for 10 years.

• graysonavich 16 May 2013 10:33:22 7,353 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I wish an ex would pine over me ;_;
  • RedSparrows 16 May 2013 11:25:16 22,726 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Double 'European Champions' my foot. Nuke them all from orbit.
  • Fydria 16 May 2013 11:35:15 561 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The whole trophy presentation was so cringe. Why they couldn't let the big man Ivanovic lift it, or just Lamps on his own. Honestly just shows what a cock Terry is (again). It was bad enough with the Champions League, you thought maybe he would have learned something, but nah. Grade A bell-end.
  • El_MUERkO 19 Sep 2013 19:23:58 17,033 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oooff, that was a nice free kick, Swansea mullering Valencia
  • Jono62 19 Sep 2013 19:24:27 14,120 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Good stuff.
  • Syrette 19 Sep 2013 19:55:53 43,483 posts
    Seen 50 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I saw Betis smash Valencia at the weekend. Betis were 3 up in half an hour. Valencia were appalling.

It's a great night for Swansea, but to be honest this a Valencia side most clubs would beat on current form.

• grey_matters 19 Sep 2013 20:16:49 3,756 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Every now and again AVB reminds me of a Smell-of era Bob Mortimer.
  • Page

of 133 First / Last