Battlefield 1943 EA Account / XBL permissions Issues

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • XVariant 8 Jul 2009 23:56:55 19 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just tried to activate my EA account through the game and it says i do not have the correct permissions to access Xbox live functionality.

Anyone had the same problem or better yet a solution. M$ seem to be dragging there heels on an answer to my email and EA seem to be too busy on their next baseball game.

I have a current XBL gold account which has never been upgraded from a silver one.

I don't have any child profiles on my Xbox.

Nor do i have any restrictions on the system settings.
  • BadBoyBonner 9 Jul 2009 00:03:14 322 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    EA are not busy with the next baseball game - more than not the FUBAR 1943 servers, or lack there off.

EA and Live can get very funny if you have registered any age under 18 on your account at some point.

Mates little step lad can't play any of the Fifas against his Dad over Live - obviously you could just set up another account - but that's hardly an ideal situation.
  • XVariant 9 Jul 2009 00:10:30 19 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Never registered any game online with EA to my knowledge. I've definately never registered one as being under 18. I even tried creating an account on EA.com but that hasn't seemed to work either!!!
  • BadBoyBonner 9 Jul 2009 00:39:22 322 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It seems you are not alone XV

Some speculate it is linked to recently extended gold membership or recently upgraded from silver (although others suggest otherwise) - other mention the age thing that I did.

Seems nobody knows for sure, the only certainty is that there is a problem and it's on the EA side of things - as ever - they really seem to be a piss poor shower of shit when it comes to launching games on-line smoothly.

EDIT for got the link while ranting http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/257278.page
  • Hunam 9 Jul 2009 01:12:08 20,674 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This is the first time they've tried this sort of thing, so you can't really say they've always been shit at it because this is their first attempt!

It was a big bucket of steaming fail though.
  • BadBoyBonner 9 Jul 2009 01:57:49 322 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hmm they couldn't even get Gameface working on launch and there have been many problems in the past with nearly every launch of a sports game...
    http://www.pastapadre.com/1516/problems-with-ea-sports-world-persist

There loads of articles covering various issues - too tired to find and list em - just find it hard to stomach one of the worlds largest publishers can have such rough product launches time after time.

Seems more like money grabbing rather than the "OMG we are so shocked, who'd have thought this many people wanted to have a go blah blah blah" argument - it's starting to wear thin.

If EA were a couple who invited 20 family members round for dinner at Xmas - they would no doubt have 4 of everything and then say "OMG you have all turned up - right we better get some more plates and cutlery, and another turkey - I wont stop trying to sort it till at least December 29th etc etc

Why invite us all and then not be prepared? Launch day is very important for momentum - currently EA momentum would be analogous with them having gone arse-over-tit and are flat on their back on the floor with an egg all over their face and pants round their ankles.

Why not limit the sales in relation to available server slots/capacity - only sell twice as many or something? Redirect traffic to the BF:BC servers which will have a seen a massive drop etc...

But "It was a big bucket of steaming fail though" hit the nail right on the head.

• Hunam 9 Jul 2009 02:01:17 20,674 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I see what you mean then, I guess they have had a trend of failing on day one then.

However, whilst day 1 nonesense is incredibly frustrating, I think people tend to forget about it in the end anyway, most people don't recall the steam being a nightmare when HL2 came out etc. I think that people do get annoyed by it, but I don't think it hurts the products at the end of the day.
  • BadBoyBonner 9 Jul 2009 02:09:11 322 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well I wont be buying another EA product on launch day that I want to use primarily on-line - most of my mates won't either - an guess somepeople will miss it altogether if another great product is launched shortly after by a company with a better reputation.

I'm happy to give any company a couple of chances - but they are seriously taking the piss.

Glad they have FK all to do with Modern Warfare 2 - launch day is meant to be an exciting time - not something to dread.

AND still hate what they did watering down WiiM+ in GST - hope they redeem themselves with NFS:Shift
  • crispyduckman 9 Jul 2009 10:21:52 1,888 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Burnout 3 on the xbox uno was the worst online experience I've had. Up there with the time I thought it would be funny to google scat bestiality.

PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin: crispyduckman

• RedSparrows 9 Jul 2009 10:27:52 23,855 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It was brilliant fun! 8 player crash junctions was great...who got the highest? oh me, of course. obv.
  • BabyJesus 9 Jul 2009 13:22:46 4,412 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    BadBoyBonner wrote:
    snip

I absolutely agree. EA has improved every aspect of themselves the last few years aside from their online capabilities and it's a shame, because most of their games now are bloody good fun onlne.

Plus this isn't a good advertisement for one of their major franchises, because alot of people who wouldn't of bought a full price battlefield game will be trying this out because it's cheaper.

These prospective new battlefield fans will just be getting pissed off now and be put right off of buying battlefield games in the future.

I feel sorry for DICE because they have made an absolutely excellent game, it's the most fun I've had online (when I get it to work) for ages.
  • ryohazuki1983 9 Jul 2009 13:28:18 737 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    When I booted the game up I just had to accept the terms, that was it, I take it that's because I play Fifa 09 so my gamertag is already linked with an EA profile?
  • BabyJesus 9 Jul 2009 13:28:57 4,412 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ryohazuki1983 wrote:
    When I booted the game up I just had to accept the terms, that was it, I take it that's because I play Fifa 09 so my gamertag is already linked with an EA profile?

Yeah mate.
  • crispyduckman 9 Jul 2009 13:34:26 1,888 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Am I right in thinking this still all stems from the EA / XBL fiasco of last generation? For ages MS and EA couldn't agree on the terms of their deal and EA games didn't have online play. The result is that EA games have a different set up on Live to other games. Anyone know what that is?

PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin: crispyduckman

• BabyJesus 9 Jul 2009 13:44:05 4,412 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    crispyduckman wrote:
    Am I right in thinking this still all stems from the EA / XBL fiasco of last generation? For ages MS and EA couldn't agree on the terms of their deal and EA games didn't have online play. The result is that EA games have a different set up on Live to other games. Anyone know what that is?

Yeah, EA have to provide all of their own servers without any of microsofts support basically.
  • stripelord 11 Jul 2009 00:45:35 3 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The following worked for me:

log in / create an account with ea.com. Navigate to the "EA Account Manager" page, then look for the "Select a Default Persona" section. Click "Add Persona" then select "existing Xbox Live account". Type in your XBL handle (case sensitive) and save.

Log out and try playing BF1943 again. It worked for me, but I still can't find a fucking match!
  • GWD1983 11 Jul 2009 14:42:10 78 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Thanks for the advice stripelord - worked perfectly and I've now bought!
  • Xerx3s 12 Jul 2009 00:27:49 23,944 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, did that as well. Couldn't get it to work until I did that and then it worked like a charm. Fuck EA and their shoddy mess.
  • SmashleyGrowl 12 Jul 2009 14:42:36 1 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I have the same problem, it says i don't have authorisation to make an account, ive never had any under 18 accoutns on my Xbox in the past, and have no restrictions set. I took your advice "stripelord", and made an EA account on my PC. However it wont let me link up my XBL Gamertag with my EA account, when i try and add a persona it just says "no personas of this type were found", i dont know what to do?
  • caliam 17 Jul 2009 14:01:45 1 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Same here - I cannot link up the gamertag with EA.com. I did read on another board that if you download the LOTR Combat demo access Multiplayer and create an EA account BF 1943 will then work - didn't work for me, but lots of others seemed to have success.
  • audioslim 31 Jul 2009 15:11:15 1 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago

You might want to try these instructions. It's basically how I got a 360 online for BF1943 which originally had been setup as a child account etc , and wasnt allowing any online access
    I havent confirmed if it's sorted issues for things like Fifa yet but it certainly sorrted out BF1943.

You might not neccesarilly need all these steps. I seemed to but I'm not 100% sure as certain EA games seem to act differently in this area.

Firstly create yourself a new windows live account/email address online/on PC. Make sure you put the age/dob past 18 etc
    Next create yourself an EA online account and using your windows live email address you've just created. You'll probably find you cant link it to your gamertag yet.
    Then go onto your 360 and change the existing windows live id (not the parent windows live ID, just the one tied to your gamertag) to your newly created one (you'll need the 'parent' password/sign in to do this)
    Then download Load of the Rings Conquest demo (as per fixing 1943 info) , go onto multiplayer, enter your new windows live ID to sign up to EA (if it shows an old one replace it). Providing this puts your online you should also get online with BF1943.
    I'll verify if its worked for Fifa , which I know for sure wouldnt play online on this particular 360.

If you re-login to your EA account on your PC you should now see your gamertag linked.

Give it a whirl iif your struggling.

Slim
  • Jako-malaco 10 Aug 2009 12:42:54 1 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Thank you for the tip audioslim:)
    I can play battlefield 1943 now!!!
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next