Xbox Games on Demand Page 30

• Page

of 49 First / Last

• L_Franko Moderator 5 Mar 2013 10:39:19 9,694 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    BillCityfingers wrote:
    PenguinJim wrote:
    CAG's listing for MP3 noted that there's an upcoming GOTY edition, but everything extra is multiplayer maps/skins, so our Max Payne 3 download already has all the single-player content. I'm not sure if anything else needs to be downloaded beyond that 7.4GB initial file, though - didn't someone mention earlier that there were a few gigs of other stuff?
    I downloaded it and had a shot last night and it didn't ask me to download anything else so I presume I have the most recent updated version?
    Are you getting achievements from the game?
    Have you tried going online?
  • PenguinJim 5 Mar 2013 10:39:34 5,855 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    To be honest, I hoped that people would stay on my penis for much longer. :(
  • L_Franko Moderator 5 Mar 2013 10:42:44 9,694 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What, are you renting space or something?
  • Deleted user 5 March 2013 10:51:16
    L_Franko wrote:
    BillCityfingers wrote:

I downloaded it and had a shot last night and it didn't ask me to download anything else so I presume I have the most recent updated version?
    Are you getting achievements from the game?
    Have you tried going online?
    Ah, oh. Nope and nope. Would it not prompt me when I start up if there's a patch to download? How do I know?
  • L_Franko Moderator 5 Mar 2013 10:55:03 9,694 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I didn't get any prompt either so I thinking there must be more downloads. At least I'm not the only one then :)

I'm thinking it might be worth looking for downloadable content from the in game menu. I shall have a gander after work.

Edited by L_Franko at 11:00:50 05-03-2013
  • Sunno 5 Mar 2013 10:58:49 156 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @L_Franko how do you know that you're not getting any achievements? Which ones do you think you should have got?
  • L_Franko Moderator 5 Mar 2013 11:03:33 9,694 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sunno wrote:
    @L_Franko how do you know that you're not getting any achievements? Which ones do you think you should have got?
    I should have got the ones for finishing chapters 1 to 4 at the very least and there was one or two others I should have got from gameplay that didn't pop up.
  • killersrquiet 5 Mar 2013 11:13:15 2,000 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    I caved and bought King of Fighters XIII after the download for Max Payne 3 finished. Been wanting KoF for ages so the little voice in my head wouldn't shut up.

I started Max Payne last night and it is awesome and brutal. All the slow mo effects are great and getting to go super slow mo and follow the path of a bullet to its intended target gives me some kind of sick satisfaction. Almost jumped for joy when I first experienced it.
    Anyway, I could bang on and on about how much fun it is to kill people in that game.

What I wanted to ask anyone in the know is that I am not getting any achievements from the game and am I missing anything other than the initial download?
    I also can't access the online section of the game so do I also need a pass of some kind?
    I discovered all this late last night so didn't have the time to search around for files.
    Any help would be most appreciated.
    You need to download the additional content packs. Should be listed in the menu. Its about 5gb and you need that for the singleplayer
  • Sunno 5 Mar 2013 11:13:43 156 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    There are 3 achievements that you get for going through the story. 1 for completing each part but I can't remember how many chapters are in each part. With the gameplay ones apparently some won't unlock if you're on the easiest mode but i'm not too sure about this. Also the achievements for things like shooting everyone before you hit the floor after jumping through the window in the club, these have to be done on free aim.

Not sure if any of this helps or explains anything...?
  • L_Franko Moderator 5 Mar 2013 11:19:26 9,694 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Sunno
    Cheers Sunno.
    I am playing in free aim on medium. 99% sure Iím due at least one achievement so far. I'm not overly fussed that I'm not getting the achievements, more that the game feels incomplete without them.
  • Deleted user 5 March 2013 11:19:55
    I too shall check when I get home. Thought it would have been an auto download but then again I'm fairly ignorant...
  • L_Franko Moderator 5 Mar 2013 11:20:54 9,694 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    killersrquiet wrote:

You need to download the additional content packs. Should be listed in the menu. Its about 5gb and you need that for the singleplayer
    Ah, got ya.
    A bit more downloading needed then. I should have lined them up this morning before going to work and had them download while the xbox is off.
    Never mind, at least I know now :)
    Cheers mate.
  • Madder-Max 5 Mar 2013 11:23:26 11,649 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I got Max Payne 3 last night and its awesome. On the main screen there is a games on demand section on the right and u need to download 3 additional sp content packs and 3 mp compatibility packs. Quite a bit of giggage

Edited by Madder-Max at 11:24:15 05-03-2013

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Sunno 5 Mar 2013 11:28:42 156 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @L_Franko No problem. I can imagine that it's pretty annoying if none are popping. I had it happen recently where 1 achievement wouldn't pop even though i had clearly done what was needed. Restarted the console a couple of times and it popped on the first try. Soooo frustrating!
  • L_Franko Moderator 5 Mar 2013 11:36:49 9,694 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Excellent. Right, now I know what to do with MP3 did anyone else go for King of Fighters XIII?

Edited by L_Franko at 11:37:27 05-03-2013
  • killersrquiet 5 Mar 2013 11:51:43 2,000 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    Excellent. Right, now I know what to do with MP3 did anyone else go for King of Fighters XIII?
    Strange you weren't prompted to download the files. Also 2 or 3 compatibility packs for the multiplayer if you venture online.
  • ubergine 5 Mar 2013 15:21:53 2,391 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Can't believe I got Max Paybe 3 for (au) $5!

(500 MSP cost us $8.25)

http://www.youtube.com/user/ubergine

• Triggerhappytel 5 Mar 2013 15:32:45 2,695 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    killersrquiet wrote:
    L_Franko wrote:
    I caved and bought King of Fighters XIII after the download for Max Payne 3 finished. Been wanting KoF for ages so the little voice in my head wouldn't shut up.

I started Max Payne last night and it is awesome and brutal. All the slow mo effects are great and getting to go super slow mo and follow the path of a bullet to its intended target gives me some kind of sick satisfaction. Almost jumped for joy when I first experienced it.
    Anyway, I could bang on and on about how much fun it is to kill people in that game.

What I wanted to ask anyone in the know is that I am not getting any achievements from the game and am I missing anything other than the initial download?
    I also can't access the online section of the game so do I also need a pass of some kind?
    I discovered all this late last night so didn't have the time to search around for files.
    Any help would be most appreciated.
    Plus bear in mind that the game is incredibly frugal with achievements anyway. I played about eight hours of it - on PS3 - and I only hit something like 6% trophies. Miserable bloody game...
  • Deleted user 5 March 2013 16:00:33
    Thanks guys downloading all the max Payne patches now. Don't think I would have known if hadn't been on here, well, not so soon anyway. Weird nowhere actually prompts you to download them.
  • Baihu1983 5 Mar 2013 19:21:25 3,432 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So no new games today?
  • Mikeeeboy1 5 Mar 2013 19:24:46 167 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Sale has finished bro
  • Blerk Moderator 12 Mar 2013 14:28:47 48,225 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Squenix sale has a bunch of games up for cheaps including various Tomb Raiders and Sleeping Dogs. Most are £8.99/800 points. Some are significantly cheaper than that in the weirdy regions that people were using before, Hungarian, etc.

800 points for Sleepy Dogs is a steal, to be frank. If you don't have that already you'd be nuts to pass it up.
  • agparrot 12 Mar 2013 14:37:31 11,903 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    £8.99 is unfortunately 1040 points.

That's still a bargain for Sleeping Dogs, of course. It is brilliant!
  • Latin 12 Mar 2013 14:38:26 3,675 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Blerk You sure about sleeping dogs? I just logged in from work and it's saying $19.99 (in dollars for some reason). Do I have to download it from my xbox directly?
  • Blerk Moderator 12 Mar 2013 14:40:43 48,225 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    agparrot wrote:
    £8.99 is unfortunately 1040 points.

That's still a bargain for Sleeping Dogs, of course. It is brilliant!
    Ah, I bet it's 800 points in the US, as usual. The buggers.
  • Blerk Moderator 12 Mar 2013 14:41:59 48,225 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Latin wrote:
    @Blerk You sure about sleeping dogs? I just logged in from work and it's saying $19.99 (in dollars for some reason). Do I have to download it from my xbox directly?
    It's defaulted to the US site. Here's a direct link to the UK one.
  • Latin 12 Mar 2013 14:46:52 3,675 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Blerk Cheers!

I've bought so much recently... Max Payne, Civilisation Revolutions, a few arcade games, Bordrlands 2 and now this... Everything was so cheap though, I couldn't resist! I'll save this for when I'm done with borderlands 2.
  • Deleted user 12 March 2013 14:47:08
    Shit! £8.99 for sleeping dogs? This isn't fair! I have enough to play through as it is!

As Charlie Brown would say... "oh good grief"
  • FuzzyDuck 12 Mar 2013 14:50:14 4,127 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    Squenix sale has a bunch of games up for cheaps including various Tomb Raiders and Sleeping Dogs. Most are £8.99/800 points. Some are significantly cheaper than that in the weirdy regions that people were using before, Hungarian, etc.

800 points for Sleepy Dogs is a steal, to be frank. If you don't have that already you'd be nuts to pass it up.
    Curse my paltry download limit, that is indeed an absolute steal for SD.
  • brainbird 12 Mar 2013 18:37:24 2,216 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sleeping Dogs is 400msp over here. This is getting ridiculous (in a good way). My 320GB HDD has 5GB of free space left.
  • Page

of 49 First / Last