Xbox Games on Demand Page 28

• Page

of 48 First / Last

• L_Franko Moderator 4 Mar 2013 12:06:23 9,694 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    So far i've managed to resist most of the offers, only picked up GRID for the massive bargain that is 2.69.

I couldn't resist that price and I'd never played the game before. Glad I went for it though as it is a great game.
  • andytheadequate 4 Mar 2013 12:13:08 8,080 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    AcidSnake wrote:
    Finally managed to link up the GF's account to the italian store (which has the deals, but cunningly hidden) and got me Vegas, GRAW2 and TR:Legend (mostly for GF)...

Now the pain will be downloading them...Left it going all night and have gotten up to 38% on Vegas...Damn my internet speed!
    Get grid as well!

And there is a setting to download stuff on the Xbox whilst it is switched off. Not sure whether you knew about it but may save you some money on the electricity...
  • L_Franko Moderator 4 Mar 2013 12:15:51 9,694 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You can continue to download while the Xbox is off? That is awesome and very handy, I have to check that out when I get home.
  • oceanmotion 4 Mar 2013 12:22:06 15,662 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, in the settings, default is off I think so have to change it.

Just turn off console and controller after starting download and the light will pulse every 15 seconds or so on the console meaning it's downloading and will stop when all done.

Orange Box not cheap enough to buy again. Some price for Max Payne!
  • Deleted user 4 March 2013 12:22:16
    L_Franko wrote:
    You can continue to download while the Xbox is off? That is awesome and very handy, I have to check that out when I get home.
    You sure can. I normally do that and do any downloading through the night. You know it's doing it when the wee green light blinks very slowly.

Edit: and ignore me. Too late :-P

Edited by BillCityfingers at 12:22:59 04-03-2013
  • Blerk Moderator 4 Mar 2013 12:28:56 48,225 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Of course, it's not actually "off" while it's doing that, more 'half off'. As those of us with ye olde-style Xboxen will attest, it still makes a decent amount o' noise even while just background downloading.
  • imamazed 4 Mar 2013 12:34:35 5,520 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tempted by MP3, not got much storage space though. Are there additional files to download once you do the initial 7ish GB?
  • neilqpr 4 Mar 2013 12:35:37 2,832 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    CivRev is 9.99/840msp in Ireland. Still bought it though as I'm an idiot.
  • killersrquiet 4 Mar 2013 12:36:08 1,850 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    Yeah, in the settings, default is off I think so have to change it.

Just turn off console and controller after starting download and the light will pulse every 15 seconds or so on the console meaning it's downloading and will stop when all done.

Orange Box not cheap enough to buy again. Some price for Max Payne!
    Listed under auto settings I think it just called background downloads. You might need to enable cloud storage like I did but it does say where to go.
  • killersrquiet 4 Mar 2013 12:37:26 1,850 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    imamazed wrote:
    Tempted by MP3, not got much storage space though. Are there additional files to download once you do the initial 7ish GB?
    3 content packs clocking in just under 5gb.

Required for the sp and arcade mode
  • imamazed 4 Mar 2013 12:41:37 5,520 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    killersrquiet wrote:
    imamazed wrote:
    3 content packs clocking in just under 5gb.

Required for the sp and arcade mode
    Thanks.

Hmmm, might have to give it a miss. Or buy anyway then download in the future...

Completed it the first day it came out actually then traded it in for a profit, but been meaning to go back to it. Excellent, excellent game, and the small bout on MP I tried was really fun; I just needed the money back at the time.
  • ModishNouns 4 Mar 2013 12:44:36 4,654 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The normal version of Max is a two-discer with a swap about half way through the story.
  • Murbal 4 Mar 2013 12:47:28 21,924 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    For anyone who's bought GRID - is online still reasonably healthy?
  • DUFFMAN5 4 Mar 2013 12:50:47 14,418 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    So far i've managed to resist most of the offers, only picked up GRID for the massive bargain that is 2.69.

I couldn't resist that price and I'd never played the game before. Glad I went for it though as it is a great game.
    A few of us have bought this...MP with some Egers could be fun.
    I have tried to join a few games with randoms, but not got into one game yet before they either leave or boot me from lobby C*NTS ;)

@murbs, not a great online, it will be once we uber sexy men start playing...also buy one of my cars you slags...yes I want the cheveo ;)

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 12:53:21 04-03-2013

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• andytheadequate 4 Mar 2013 13:01:48 8,080 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Don't use the quick race option, make sure you look at the lobby. Whenever I've loaded up grid you usually see 10+ full races, but people do seem to play the same tracks repeatedly. I'd be up for EG races if there is a group forming...
  • glo 4 Mar 2013 13:06:09 3,422 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Sad as it is, I am actually tempted by Mortal Kombat vs DC. Quite enjoy simple fighting games and everybody loves superheroes.

Is it worth 4.49?
  • Ultrasoundwave 4 Mar 2013 13:07:45 3,266 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'll definitely go for some GRID online if anyone else is trying it.

GT - The Big Mull

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Murbal 4 Mar 2013 13:09:41 21,924 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, might buy it then. Okutama Grand circuit is a great track after all, worth a couple of quid on its own!

• PenguinJim 4 Mar 2013 13:18:38 5,758 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    glo wrote:
    Sad as it is, I am actually tempted by Mortal Kombat vs DC. Quite enjoy simple fighting games and everybody loves superheroes.

Is it worth 4.49?
    I'm tempted by this as well, and find it equally sad, and am hoping that someone will talk me out of it. Doesn't help that it's 2.70 on the es-MX marketplace. :|
  • AcidSnake 4 Mar 2013 13:24:09 7,214 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, I activated the download whilst off setting...Even so it takes ridiculous amounts of time with my connection...I've also seen no way of changing the order of the download queue...

Grid?
    Another racing game? Isn't seeing me finish amongst the last ones in Blur enough?

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• andytheadequate 4 Mar 2013 13:39:01 8,080 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    But grid has one of the best destruction derby modes I've ever played...

I'll be online tonight if you fancy a game
  • AcidSnake 4 Mar 2013 13:45:08 7,214 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Might be, but not with any new games I'm afraid...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• waggy79 4 Mar 2013 13:45:38 915 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    "But grid has one of the best destruction derby modes I've ever played..."

I second that. It's criminal it only has a couple of tracks. Went on a couple of nights ago and it's still busy (more twats than I remember though). Hoping there's more DD in Grid 2.
  • grep 4 Mar 2013 13:50:57 50 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I am a weak weak person I have now used up all my crimbo MS points and just added KOF13 via PayPal, with this and a PS+ sub I wont be seeing any sunshine this year. A pale but happy gamer
  • agparrot 4 Mar 2013 14:14:55 11,903 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What what what? Grid has a Destruction Derby mode.

I've resisted it for a whole week, and now this!

I've been so weak over these sales, acquiring:

Vegas
    GRAW2
    CivRev
    Peace Walker
    Arkham Asylum (again)

unrelated Skills of the Shogun discount and Star Wars pinball tables.

These are the games that will save me money because I won't need nextgen.
  • Murbal 4 Mar 2013 14:22:28 21,924 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    agparrot wrote:
    These are the games that will save me money
    You're starting to sound like me ;-)
  • stevethemeat 4 Mar 2013 14:24:35 402 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Happy days AA for 320 points, loved Arkham city never got round to playing the first one, is this it for the sales or are there more planned?
  • agparrot 4 Mar 2013 14:26:30 11,903 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    agparrot wrote:
    These are the games that will save me money
    You're starting to sound like me ;-)
    That's what I was thinking!

I don't mind carrying the mantle for a bit if you need a break from having way too many games to play!

Is it true that Peace Walker has some multiplayer in it? Not that I'm trying to encourage more people to get it for 520MSP just to play online with me.
  • Murbal 4 Mar 2013 14:28:56 21,924 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I bought Peace Walker this morning ;-)
  • agparrot 4 Mar 2013 14:31:13 11,903 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Good-oh, at least one other friends list member has it so... hopefully we can investigate it at least.
  • Page

of 48 First / Last