Xbox Games on Demand Page 9

• Page

of 48 First / Last

• pauleyc 27 Jan 2011 10:58:00 4,384 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Either I'm missing something obvious here or it's a weird regional issue.

Two days ago I bought the discounted GTA San Andreas via the web Marketplace, it was downloaded and installed to the console later that day. Or so I thought at least. Yesterday I wasn't able to find it in the library under any category.

Went to the console Marketplace, GoD section, found SA and used the "Download again" option. 2.9 GBs of download later it's still missing from the library; it doesn't show up in the HDD management section either. I did however notice that it pops up once I open the library but only briefly, for less than a second. Then it disappears and is replaced by the next game on the list.

Has anybody experienced a similar issue? I'm using a UK account in Poland so it's quite possible that some form of regional lock prevents me from playing the game - yet it did allow me to purchase the game and download it in the first place.
  • DFawkes 27 Jan 2011 11:02:01 22,056 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That is strange. Does it show up in your Memory? I'd have thought it should at least show up there, even if not in your game list.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• pauleyc 27 Jan 2011 11:13:46 4,384 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    That's the weird thing - it doesn't show up in the Memory (well, either that or I was really blind last evening). I'll have another look later today...
  • Zizoo 27 Jan 2011 11:18:41 7,705 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I would be pissed if that happened to me. I'm in South Africa using a UK account for most of my purchases, and although it doesn't happen often - when I have region issues - it doesn't let me complete the purchase.

I'm sure you will be able to get a refund if it comes to that. May take some fightin' with customer support though.
  • PenguinJim 27 Jan 2011 11:19:59 5,450 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You're not supposed to be able to buy/play full games from another region, as far as I know. I've tried using a US account to buy US GoD games and it tells me I'm in the wrong region. If I try to buy a game (e.g. Dead Space) in my region but using a NTSC-US 360, it'll tell me that the game won't run on my 360 due to region locking. It always tells me before I buy and waste any money.

Either they've changed it so it no longer warns you, or X-Box Originals don't have that warning. Still, you should call them and try to get your money back.
  • DFawkes 27 Jan 2011 11:20:09 22,056 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's double weird. I had a similar issue but the game did show up in Memory so I was at least able to delete it. Hope you figure it out, sounds like a tricky one.

• pauleyc 27 Jan 2011 11:29:40 4,384 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Urgh, customer support...I'll see what I can do. Thanks, guys!
  • estoo 27 Jan 2011 12:18:26 2,702 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Dc, was it Takedown for the Xbox? That is still on the marketplace.

I just noticed this, it was on the marketplace for a while then it was removed for some reason, I tried downloading it a couple of years ago and it was nowhere to be found.

I'm getting this when I go home if I can, Burnout3 >>>>> Burnout Paradise.
  • mrpon 27 Jan 2011 12:20:14 27,645 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yup, it was still there estoo a few days ago so you should be good to go. It's a cracking game, probably my fav Burnout.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• pauleyc 28 Jan 2011 10:22:40 4,384 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    That's double weird. I had a similar issue but the game did show up in Memory so I was at least able to delete it. Hope you figure it out, sounds like a tricky one.
    It turned out that apparently I was blind - I didn't see the "corrupted data" file under Memory, in two locations at that: Games and System. I deleted both of them but the curious thing is a third download also resulted in a corrupted version. A quick googling would suggest it does happen from time to time.

Oh well, I'll try to download it some other time then, maybe I'll have more luck.
  • Deleted user 28 January 2011 12:58:12
    estoo wrote:
    mrpon wrote:
    Dc, was it Takedown for the Xbox? That is still on the marketplace.
    I just noticed this, it was on the marketplace for a while then it was removed for some reason, I tried downloading it a couple of years ago and it was nowhere to be found.

I'm getting this when I go home if I can, Burnout3 >>>>> Burnout Paradise.
    it is filed under F believe it or not, 'full game - burnout takedown'
  • RedSparrows 28 Jan 2011 12:59:23 20,754 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If only the old Live servers were still up. I'd get it just for online Crash Junctions....
  • SomaticSense 15 Mar 2011 14:26:23 7,046 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Halo: Reach now available on GoD!

Your's for only 49.99!
  • DFawkes 15 Mar 2011 17:33:10 22,056 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You're joking, right? I'm not believing they'd wait this long then do that. I'm going to check this on the Marketplace...

Holy shit! Don't get me wrong, as a big fan I'd have probably stretched to this price on release if I had to. But is there anyone left that likes Halo Reach enough to willingly pay 50, yet hasn't already bought it? I can't see them getting many sales for that one.

• Peew971 15 Mar 2011 17:34:41 4,645 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They do that just so that can be loud when they drop the price ;)
  • cianchristopher 15 Mar 2011 17:53:41 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, it'll probably be down to the usual 29.99/39.99 within a month or so.

Red Dead Redemption was the same when it came out, but I think they dropped it down about 2-or-3 weeks ago.

Batman: Arkham Asylum is still the anomaly there, as it's been 49.99 since it first appeared around six months ago. Still no price drop (and the PC version has been going for less than 10 in some of the Steam sales).
  • millerlfc 16 Mar 2011 13:59:44 365 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Batman AA is down to 14.99 (1840 points) now on the marketplace.

According to Major Nelson this is a permanent drop for Batman AA and there should be a temporary drop for Halo Reach (March 15th-March 22nd) although that's still showing at 50.
  • oceanmotion 16 Mar 2011 14:08:21 15,243 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That is actually quite a decent price for Batman AA. 11.99 for the Classics version at Amazon right now.
  • mrpon 24 Mar 2011 22:41:26 27,645 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Some cracking deals on Xbox originals, specifically Burnout Takedown (mentioned above) 800 points this week. Also Black, GTA:SA, Fable, Stubbs and the Max Paynes (amongst others) all 800 points.

And Halo:CE.

• Deleted user 25 March 2011 01:46:16
    don't forget to look in the right place for BO Takedown. under 'F' goddit? >:D

i might get batman AA. didn't like the demo, but there must be love out there for a reason? :)
  • skurk 25 Mar 2011 10:08:55 109 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Batman AA was one of the best games I've played over the last 25 years.
  • DUFFMAN5 25 Mar 2011 10:10:05 13,802 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    DcP729UK wrote:

i might get batman AA. didn't like the demo, but there must be love out there for a reason? :)

Dunc
    You have the Duffman seal of approval mate

It is a stunning game.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• mrpon 25 Mar 2011 11:09:07 27,645 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DcP729UK wrote:
    Heh, these bargains are straight in the Spotlight channel, for those who have it turned off. Really impressed with some of the deals going down recently.

• DUFFMAN5 25 Mar 2011 11:12:44 13,802 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think I will have to buy GTA SA, due to my ps2 version not working. It is worth it for all the chat and some if not most of the songs on the soundtrack.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• cianchristopher 25 Mar 2011 11:17:49 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    GTA SA is still awesome, and it's in widescreen to boot....

I could never decide which soundtrack I liked better, that or Vice City's. Hmmmmm....
  • StarchildHypocrethes 25 Mar 2011 11:19:04 24,559 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What do these old 360 games look like on an HD screen these days?

Will my eyes bleed or are they not actually too bad? Also are they all widescreen?
  • StarchildHypocrethes 5 Apr 2011 13:53:27 24,559 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Interestingly, the stupidly difficult to get hold of unless you're willing to pay 68 for a grotty, pube-infested, scratched version from CEX, Tales of Vesperia is now up on Xbox Live for a very reasonable 19.99.
  • convercide 5 Apr 2011 14:43:27 5,747 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That is indeed crazy. I just checked that CEX price and that is crazy. Was it a limited disc run?

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

• Deleted user 5 April 2011 14:55:21
    Yeah.
  • cianchristopher 5 Apr 2011 14:58:26 6,360 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm hoping for Vanquish up there sometime soon. I'd given up hope of Bayonetta appearing (I just assumed that SEGA didn't have a deal with MS for Games on Demand) but it did show up in January this year for a reasonable 20. So I bought it.

Hopefully Vanquish will follow suit, and also cost 20. And hopefully it won't take a year to reach Games on Demand either.
  • Page

of 48 First / Last