North Korea Page 9

• Page

of 24 First / Last

• CaptainKerbal 4 Apr 2013 15:44:10 404 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Same crap happens every year, NK wants some aid (quietly) to stop it having mass peasant starvation and focus it's public attention on the usual bogeymen so they don't start to question how a nuclear armed state has such appaling poverty and the need to detain so many of its own people for minor "offences".

Problem is that no one seems to have told Kim that you're not supposed to ratchet it up so fast and so far. He's told his people that war is happening today or tomorrow and he's told the military to nuke US targets...... either the NK photoshop artists are being very busy right now or he's going to need some amazing excuse to back down.
  • Elathron 4 Apr 2013 15:45:54 1,189 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Bremenacht - Damnit. I can't see the link til I get home. I agree though, Russia and China have been equally bad sports in the past. But now they're looking at the fruits of their labour in a different light - one that perhaps goes something along the lines of "how the f**k did that happen?" I don't think anyone could've predicted that the latest Kim J (insert last name here) would have been such a puppet of the DPRK military. Why else would he be in so many military photos? Why would there be a situation when he first came into power whereby top brass was executed... by firing motar shells at them in a field? Admittedly more were disposed of quietly and efficiently but this was the most prominant. If the little twerp is the one in charge then really he's got it all wrong. He's missing the long haired white cat and the monacle that would make him a true Bond villain.

Edited by Elathron at 15:47:11 04-04-2013

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Deleted user 4 April 2013 15:56:52
    billythekid wrote:
    North Korean missile launch
    Hehe. Theres been a lot of humour around NK missile launches. This means they're actually going to go full thunderbird island on us and have all sorts of mechs and death rays rising from the ground with a army of 876 million soilders bred for such equation.
  • Zidargh 4 Apr 2013 15:57:19 1,691 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hasn't it been documented that there have been substantial internal political issues surrounding the new leader's youth and inexperience. Those who criticised him have been executed in particularly bizarre ways, i.e. a targeted mortar-drop.

I see this as nothing more than the young leader trying to show that he does, in fact, have pubes on his testicles.

I'm hoping the BBC pull me up on this quote.
  • Tuffty 4 Apr 2013 15:57:22 1,746 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I like how he says war is coming today or tomorrow. That whole element of surprise might have worked in his favour if he or the regime ever did want to try something but now....I guess he didn't really think that one over.

Edited by Tuffty at 15:57:35 04-04-2013
  • jakuande 4 Apr 2013 16:09:07 192 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I like how the NK govt. tells America and their people there will be war today or tomorrow. But when it come to Chinese tourists who provide a valuable source of foreign currency ...

Article from S Korean newspaper
  • FogHeart 4 Apr 2013 16:14:47 987 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wesa people gonna die? :eek:
  • Tuffty 4 Apr 2013 16:15:36 1,746 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @jakuande Also works out for them if America ever does do a pre-emptive or retaliatory strike and those tourists get injured or killed in the crossfire. That way they will hope it's enough reason for China to back them up as a result.

Edited by Tuffty at 16:16:21 04-04-2013
  • Deleted user 4 April 2013 19:58:25
    As each day passes, the situation appears to becoming more and more concerning. Especially for those close by, South Korea and Japan. The last thing I want is for Japan to take a hit, as that could cause the Playstation 4 launch date to evaporate. If push comes to shove, I sure hope the U.S. unleashes everything in the direction of Kim Jong Un. He may well survive in his bunker, but with luck, the air outside will be so contaminated, radioactive, he will be forced to live in his bunker for evermore. That’ll teach the little cunt.

Edited by blacksea at 20:00:48 04-04-2013
  • Deleted user 4 April 2013 20:30:06
    Yeah, fuck all the people who'd die, what about our games consoles?
  • Metalfish 4 Apr 2013 20:44:26 8,874 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    thatsthejoke.jpg
  • wobbly_Bob 4 Apr 2013 21:01:58 1,898 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just started a book on North Korea called Nothing to Envy, it's by an award winning journalist that talked to those that actually got out to find out what life was/is like there. Really good so far and love the personal stories.
  • mcmothercruncher 4 Apr 2013 22:05:13 7,809 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's the best book I've read on NK- wait for the payoff at the end, really incredible.
  • cubbymoore 4 Apr 2013 22:18:01 36,504 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Was Kim Jong Il a robot?
  • joeymoto108 4 Apr 2013 22:26:22 659 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I eagerly await our new Glorious Leader Kim Jong-Un.

'Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?'

• cubbymoore 4 Apr 2013 22:31:56 36,504 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    /teases Graveland
  • Deleted user 4 April 2013 22:35:50
    Just watched hour documentary on YouTube. The capitol city was freaky, like a ghost town.
  • Rodney 4 Apr 2013 23:17:55 1,922 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    Just started a book on North Korea called Nothing to Envy, it's by an award winning journalist that talked to those that actually got out to find out what life was/is like there. Really good so far and love the personal stories.
    I'll have a look for this.

Chris Hitchens essay about his visit to North Korea was very interesting (I know Hitch is a bit polarising).

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned a book on North Korea written by a British diplomat? Anyone have the name for that?

Also, I remember reading an extract from a book written by a North Korean who was raised in a North Korean prison/labour camp. He escaped knowing his parents would be killed - anyone know the name of this? It was a fasinating story.
  • thelzdking 5 Apr 2013 00:06:44 4,413 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Rodney wrote:
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    I'll have a look for this.

Chris Hitchens essay about his visit to North Korea was very interesting (I know Hitch is a bit polarising).

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned a book on North Korea written by a British diplomat? Anyone have the name for that?

Also, I remember reading an extract from a book written by a North Korean who was raised in a North Korean prison/labour camp. He escaped knowing his parents would be killed - anyone know the name of this? It was a fasinating story.
    Escape from Camp 14.
  • Rodney 5 Apr 2013 01:46:18 1,922 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think that was it - thanks
  • wobbly_Bob 5 Apr 2013 12:01:13 1,898 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    It's the best book I've read on NK- wait for the payoff at the end, really incredible.
    Excellent! I'm very curious now.
  • Deleted user 5 April 2013 12:06:29
    blacksea wrote:
    The last thing I want is for Japan to take a hit, as that could cause the Playstation 4 launch date to evaporate.
    It's important for us to get our priorities right :)
  • Kafeen 5 Apr 2013 15:26:08 555 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22037008

North Korea recommends UK officials evacuate the embassy, unable to guarantee safety after April 10th.
  • glaeken 5 Apr 2013 15:27:56 11,265 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    We have an embassy in North Korea? Fuck me what do you have to do wrong to get a posting there.
  • X201 5 Apr 2013 15:35:18 15,734 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    glaeken wrote:
    We have an embassy in North Korea? Fuck me what do you have to do wrong to get a posting there.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/people/michael-gifford
  • nickthegun 5 Apr 2013 15:35:43 61,286 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Embassadors are actually ranked like ninjas. S Class embassadors go to places like North Korea and some african shitholes, whereas the n00bs end up in places like Sweden. So, yeah, you have to be absolutely brilliant to end up somewhere like that, ironically.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Psychotext 5 Apr 2013 15:39:00 55,032 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Looks like they might have tested a nuke.

Powerful 6.2 earthquake reported in Russia near North Korea border.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/northkorea/9973577/North-Korea-missile-threat-latest-live.html
  • Page

of 24 First / Last