The Guardian hits a new low Page 3

  • Page

    of 7 First / Last

  • Deleted user 20 June 2009 17:30:30
    You guys need to learn non violent communication. Then fan could just have said.

    "Otto I read your comment about my thread and it made me feel very sad and a little defensive. I went to all the trouble of making a thread and you said you didnt like it in a way I found hurtful."

    Then otto could have said

    "fan, I have to read all the threads as a mod and I just think reading this type of thing makes it seem like you havent taken my needs into account, or thought about how I will feel reading it. This makes me feel angry and undervalued."

    Something like that.
  • Phattso Moderator 20 Jun 2009 17:32:22 13,541 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Admit it, there's a certain beauty to the cause and effect of "FUCK OFF!" followed by the sound of gentle sobbing. :)
  • BabyJesus 20 Jun 2009 17:34:04 4,412 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ruggedtoast wrote:
    You guys need to learn non violent communication. Then fan could just have said.

    "Otto I read your comment about my thread and it made me feel very sad and a little defensive. I went to all the trouble of making a thread and you said you didnt like it in a way I found hurtful."

    Then otto could have said

    "fan, I have to read all the threads as a mod and I just think reading this type of thing makes it seem like you havent taken my needs into account, or thought about how I will feel reading it. This makes me feel angry and undervalued."

    Something like that.

    Well that wouldn't of been entertaining.
  • Deleted user 20 June 2009 17:35:18
    faux_carnation wrote:
    bwuh? Is that about me?
    Heh. No, I'm not that bitter! It's about (drunk) otto.
  • MrCarrot 20 Jun 2009 17:36:37 3,516 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    BabyJesus wrote:
    Well that wouldn't of been entertaining.

    blizeh is Baby Jesus' sock?!
  • BabyJesus 20 Jun 2009 17:42:06 4,412 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    MrCarrot wrote:
    BabyJesus wrote:
    Well that wouldn't of been entertaining.

    blizeh is Baby Jesus' sock?!

    I'm noones sock dammit :|
  • Gland 20 Jun 2009 17:42:29 78,440 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    EG hits a new low.

    +1 / Like / Tweet this post

  • otto Moderator 20 Jun 2009 17:44:54 49,320 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    BabyJesus wrote:
    I'm noones sock dammit :|
    By denying the Trinity you reject the Nicaean creed you heretic :p

    say no to Eurogamer sigs

  • Kosmoz 20 Jun 2009 17:45:11 7,709 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm noones sock dammit :|

    who? this guy: http://gamers.eurogamer.net/user_profile.php?user_id=96385 ?

    Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

  • MrCarrot 20 Jun 2009 17:46:12 3,516 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    otto wrote:
    BabyJesus wrote:
    I'm noones sock dammit :|
    By denying the Trinity you reject the Nicaean creed you heretic :p

    Crucify him!
  • Gland 20 Jun 2009 17:46:32 78,440 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I must say, these pepper pakoras from sainsburys are splendid.

    +1 / Like / Tweet this post

  • BabyJesus 20 Jun 2009 17:47:53 4,412 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    MrCarrot wrote:
    otto wrote:
    BabyJesus wrote:
    I'm noones sock dammit :|
    By denying the Trinity you reject the Nicaean creed you heretic :p

    Crucify him!

    Goddamit I've already been crucified once for your sins!

    1st Jews hate me and get me crucified, now eg hate me and get me crucified :'(

    Edit- My dad has just told me he is sending a new improved hitler your way, with a hate for EG...

    Concentration camps with you having to do forced labour on Hannah Montana achievements.
  • Deleted user 20 June 2009 17:56:36
    BabyJesus wrote:
    Concentration camps with you having to do forced labour on Hannah Montana

    Selectively quoted for innuendo purposes.
  • Syrette 20 Jun 2009 17:59:26 43,750 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    BabyJesus wrote:
    Edit- My dad has just told me he is sending a new improved hitler your way, with a hate for EG...

    .

    With a new improved SS who demand beta keys in return for sparing your life?

  • BabyJesus 20 Jun 2009 18:01:57 4,412 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    foreverafternothing wrote:

    With a new improved SS who demand beta keys in return for sparing your life?

    Even worse the new SS is composed of old school Fallout fans bitching about lore.
  • TheStylishHobo 20 Jun 2009 18:47:29 3,185 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    BabyJesus wrote:
    foreverafternothing wrote:

    With a new improved SS who demand beta keys in return for sparing your life?

    Even worse the new SS is composed of old school Fallout fans bitching about lore.

    You're the Baby Jesus, you can't send Hitler.

    It's a god awful joke I know, but I wanted to be the first to make a joke about your name...
  • Retroid Moderator 20 Jun 2009 18:57:28 44,981 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    As Otto said, given the shite printed up in the paper press, it's a bit odd to pick on an article in the lifestyle section of a paper because it's vacuous; it's a bit like someone on a girly forum somewhere complaining that an article in the Tecnology section is
    'geeky'. It's what they're there for :)
  • cubbymoore 20 Jun 2009 19:25:37 36,501 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pah, one year without sex? I've done that in my sleep.
  • cubbymoore 20 Jun 2009 19:28:24 36,501 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pah, one year without sex? I've done that with one hand tied behind my back.
  • cubbymoore 20 Jun 2009 19:29:31 36,501 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pah, one year without sex? I've done that with my eyes closed.
  • speedofthepuma 20 Jun 2009 19:55:27 13,302 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pah, one year without sex? I've done that with barely acceptable tired comedic traditional one-liners.

    I lurk. If I've spoken to you, I'm either impassioned, or drunk.

  • cubbymoore 20 Jun 2009 19:57:38 36,501 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pah, one year without sex? I've done that...


    ;_;
  • speedofthepuma 20 Jun 2009 19:58:48 13,302 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    love it really

    I lurk. If I've spoken to you, I'm either impassioned, or drunk.

  • otto Moderator 25 Jun 2009 15:57:55 49,320 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Don't know about "new low" but I thought this was shoddy and sensationalist journalism. What was the guy supposed to do - pay it himself? o_O

    say no to Eurogamer sigs

  • TheSaint 25 Jun 2009 16:12:12 14,606 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well 2000 is a hell of a lot of money to fly back from Italy.
  • hulahoops 25 Jun 2009 16:12:39 2,311 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    MrWonderstuff wrote:
    Yea I noticed the article but couldnt be arsed to read it...I mean so fucking what? It's not as if its anything unusual.
    Well, maybe not to us.
  • Sycopat 25 Jun 2009 16:13:04 162 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    otto wrote:
    Don't know about "new low" but I thought this was shoddy and sensationalist journalism. What was the guy supposed to do - pay it himself? o_O

    I have to agree really. Reading the article it seems a bit ridiculous.

    "Oh noes, they are claiming business expenses for business related travel and sundries!"

  • Khanivor 25 Jun 2009 16:53:54 40,938 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    What I find most notable is that they include the bottle of champers for Brucie as if it was a bad thing. The only thing a 100 quid bottle of champagne as a present for your longest serving employee speaks of incredible tight fistedness. You know the journalist writing the piece has claimed more than 100 quid in expenses for a bottle of booze to schmooze.
  • Tomo 25 Jun 2009 16:59:59 13,945 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, I found it a bit bizarre too that article. Next companies will be banned from holding Christmas parties etc, sheesh.

    2k for a flight is a bit of a joke though. I could've found him one for sub 100 :p

  • Page

    of 7 First / Last

Log in or register to reply