The Guardian hits a new low Page 2

• Page

of 7 First / Last

• otto Moderator 20 Jun 2009 16:52:02 49,290 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    blizeH wrote:
    otto, your attitude is fucking horrendous at times.
    Fuck off blize there's a good fellow.

say no to Eurogamer sigs

• Syrette 20 Jun 2009 16:53:01 43,231 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    otto wrote:
    foreverafternothing wrote:
    Just noticed this whilst on their front page.

Some nobody talks about going a year without sex

The article is bad enough, then you realise it's to promote an entire book abut this incredibly boring premise. Why would anyone care about her sex life?

The things some people get paid for...

edit; tag edit
    Firstly, old,

Secondly, if you really think THIS is the worst piece of journalism in the British press you can find to whinge about then, well, FUCK OFF.

I'm sorry to be so blunt, honest and probably antagonistic, but what a ridiculous and frankly cringe-worthy overreaction.

Did I dare insult your favourite paper or something?

Of course it isn't the worst piece of journalism I've come across, I just happened to notice it whilst browsing their website (because, get this, I actually like reading the publication and purchase it often!). I don't actually waste my time with a number of British papers (Sun, Sport, Mail etc etc) because I know good journalism when I see it (to the extent of having a degree in it).

Calm down already.

• otto Moderator 20 Jun 2009 16:54:42 49,290 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's in the "Life and Style/Relationships" section, it's a story about someone going without sex for a year, it looks pretty interesting and is probably of considerable interest to lots of people, why pick on that when with your journalism degree you should be out there kicking in the door of Fleet Street's political editors?

say no to Eurogamer sigs

• Deleted user 20 June 2009 16:56:07
    Stupid bitch.

The second comment on the article pretty much sums up what I think about her effort.
  • Deleted user 20 June 2009 16:57:13
    He's not a proper football/Chelsea fan either...
  • Deleted user 20 June 2009 16:58:03
    Meh. Seems a bit of a waste of space I guess, but was it actually featured in the paper or just online? They seem to have a habit of sticking any old dross on the site.

Saying that, if this was in print as well, it could've only taken up a couple of pages at most out of a Saturday paper with its many supplements, so I don't think I would've been too outraged if I saw it. :)
  • otto Moderator 20 Jun 2009 16:58:41 49,290 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Pets??

say no to Eurogamer sigs

• Syrette 20 Jun 2009 17:00:16 43,231 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    otto wrote:
    It's in the "Life and Style/Relationships" section, it's a story about someone going without sex for a year, it looks pretty interesting and is probably of considerable interest to lots of people, why pick on that when with your journalism degree you should be out there kicking in the door of Fleet Street's political editors?

Well thanks for pointing out the obvious there. I'm well aware what section it was from, I just found the whole thing really, well, dull. Fair play to the woman, she's making money off of talking about chastity.

Hey, if this is as interesting as you say then perhaps I should write a book too since I've not had any in a while either.

Yes it's not for me, I'm still entitled to my opinion on it. I've had the odd glance at columns and articles in the 'life/relationship' sections of papers before, clearly not for me as I said, but even then they're usually not this dull. No idea why I read most of the article, and less of an idea about how or why people would buy good money to read an entire book about it. She could have easily summed it all up in a couple of paragraphs.

Clearly I'm not the only one who wasn't overly impressed by it, have a look at the comments (and some of the ones in this thread too). And don't take it so personally or seriously, just sharing an opinion as I'm entitled to.

• otto Moderator 20 Jun 2009 17:01:31 49,290 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah alright, I'll withdraw the FUCK OFF (not to blize though), still can't see the big deal mind. Nor the justification for "a new low".

say no to Eurogamer sigs

• faux_carnation 20 Jun 2009 17:02:15 9,165 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    disussedgenius wrote:
    He's not a proper football/Chelsea fan either...

bwuh? Is that about me?
  • Fatiguez 20 Jun 2009 17:02:21 8,712 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Stand down boy
  • Syrette 20 Jun 2009 17:03:22 43,231 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    otto wrote:
    Yeah alright, I'll withdraw the FUCK OFF (not to blize though), still can't see the big deal mind.

No big deal Otto, I typed a few lines and came up with a thread title that in retrospect (as I've said) was undoubtedly a little reactionary and OTT.

• Phattso Moderator 20 Jun 2009 17:04:31 13,255 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Nah 'FUCK OFF' is about right. This thread is up there with threads about Dear Deadrie from one of the red tops or something. Start a thread to discuss the topic, but not out of outrage (feigned for not-very comedic effect or otherwise).
  • Syrette 20 Jun 2009 17:04:35 43,231 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Fatiguez wrote:
    Stand down boy

Let me guess, were you were responsible for 'Hot wet vagina vs evil'?

• otto Moderator 20 Jun 2009 17:04:54 49,290 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    K, let's make up. I wouldn't have been in such a bad mood if it hadn't been for those fast food cunts anyway. :p

say no to Eurogamer sigs

• Deleted user 20 June 2009 17:05:22
    Your arguments are always so predictable on here, FAN!

1. Create a thread/disagree with someone (usually the latter)
    2. Take things a bit personally, and go mental, saying 'it's only an opinion'
    3. You both back off, and you admit you were reactionary
  • Gl3n Moderator 20 Jun 2009 17:07:27 5,357 posts
    Seen 59 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    4. Bumsecks

PSN: Glendemic Xbox: Gl3n Steam: Gl3n

• Syrette 20 Jun 2009 17:07:53 43,231 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    Nah 'FUCK OFF' is about right. This thread is up there with threads about Dear Deadrie from one of the red tops or something. Start a thread to discuss the topic, but not out of outrage (feigned for not-very comedic effect or otherwise).

Give it a rest. I'm hardly enraged by it. "FUCK OFF" because I disliked an article in a paper?!

I'm all for journalistic freedom so don't worry, I won't be emailing the editor to communicate my 'outrage' at this article, nor will I bother commenting on the article itself like the many people who did.

• Phattso Moderator 20 Jun 2009 17:11:11 13,255 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I came in here expecting some real bad shit from the Grauniad, given the thread title, and it's just some noncy lifestyle piece. You clearly were riled (and possibly enraged, frothing at the mouth as you make strangled sounds) because you've started a fucking thread on it. And by "it" I mean "the obvious fluff piece that's barely even worth the thought it would take to form an opinion on much less start a thread."

Although I quite enjoyed the article, and I feel I have communed more deeply with my feminine side. But I'm still going to get some tonight, so fuck this article and fuck this thread. :)
  • Dirtbox 20 Jun 2009 17:13:30 77,633 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm surprised you could find a break from your busy schedule of watching Loose Women?

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Hunam 20 Jun 2009 17:14:37 20,674 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    By get some you mean drink wine and spirits till 3 am whilst playing video games and leaving mrs phattso unfulfilled again?
  • Syrette 20 Jun 2009 17:15:22 43,231 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, riled. I think it took me about 30 seconds to type it and click post. And then maybe another 20 seconds to edit the href tag.

I was on the verge of going on a killing spree at that point, I was so enraged.

• Phattso Moderator 20 Jun 2009 17:15:30 13,255 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hunam wrote:
    By get some you mean drink wine and spirits till 3 am whilst playing video games and leaving mrs phattso unfulfilled again?

Well yeah - I was using the shorthand form obviously. But that's the gist of it. I'm a remarkable lover. Of games. And booze.
  • Phattso Moderator 20 Jun 2009 17:15:53 13,255 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    foreverafternothing wrote:
    Yeah, riled. I think it took me about 30 seconds to type it and click post. And then maybe another 20 seconds to edit the href tag.

I was on the verge of going on a killing spree at that point, I was so enraged.

See?! You even admit it!
  • Syrette 20 Jun 2009 17:16:05 43,231 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    :D

• Deleted user 20 June 2009 17:17:31
    Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V
  • Syrette 20 Jun 2009 17:20:45 43,231 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Gremmi wrote:
    Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V

Wow, you're so misinformed it's not even funny. I post a lot about games (and music, and football etc) that I like. I also am honest and will speak up about stuff that I have a negative stance on. You only notice the latter, good for you.

That thread came about after I criticised (heavily, admittedly) Nintendo's E3, didn't it? Funny that, not like I'm a lone voice on gaming forums when it comes to criticising Nintendo.

• Deleted user 20 June 2009 17:22:22
    I'm not a racist, I have loads of black friends
  • Page

of 7 First / Last