Is this another Iranian revolution beginning? Page 11

• Page

of 11 First / Last

Next
  • ResidentKnievel 12 Aug 2012 20:40:10 5,879 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Humans ARE losing their humanity, can't you see the lizard people running around everywhere??

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• MrTomFTW Moderator 12 Aug 2012 20:51:11 36,290 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Iran is rage quitting the Internet.

I totally called it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Load_2.0 12 Aug 2012 21:26:10 18,201 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Lizard ninjas?
  • Bremenacht 13 Aug 2012 01:00:06 15,764 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've just taken a reading and I've lost 2.5% of my humanity by reading the last two pages. :(

If I keep reading moggin posts, pretty soon I'll be wanting to employ child soldiers or implement final solutions. ;)

Once an eagle taught me courage. And I will never forget that day

• RedSparrows 13 Aug 2012 14:09:08 20,762 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Madgod_Dc wrote:
    @RedSparrows you first, i will counter. ;)
    i am doing this only because I need a break from work.

If we take the proposition 'It Seems Humanitarian Civilizations Has Been Destroyed A Long Time Ago' as the basis for our 'discussion', and then have your addendum that 'humanity is losing its humanity', we shall proceed.

I refute this. My reasons is that it ignores history, good and ill.

This can be broken up into a few points:

1) It ignores historical events, periods and 'concrete facts'.
    2) It is a perfect example of the misreading of 'society' and 'systems' known as the 'West' (I admit, this is more targeted at you than the original statement).
    3) It's bollocks.

Details/thoughts:

A) History is littered with tragedy, individual to group. I will not list events, but you only have to pick up a book on pre-AD China, or pre-historic human society, to understand violence on a mass scale, or at a high ratio, is not a new/recent invention.
    B) Our concepts of moral humanity/humanism/humanitarianism are relatively recent, and are upheld and fought for by as many countless examples as those of horror and misery - right up the this very second.
    C) Such a statement is linguistically/epistemologically unsound (if we take its meaning over the grammatical errors).
    D) It exhibits a strange approach to the notion of humanity, as though it is a collective resource that is being squandered. Needless to say, this is limited.
    E) Why the fuck am I bothering?

Edited by RedSparrows at 14:09:53 13-08-2012

Edited by RedSparrows at 14:10:35 13-08-2012
  • Salaman 13 Aug 2012 16:11:45 18,249 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think you missed a trick by not putting "ergo" in there somewhere.

Edited by Salaman at 16:11:57 13-08-2012
  • glaeken 13 Aug 2012 16:20:10 10,978 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My boss has just come back from Iran and actually complained about the terrible internet access. I guess this might explain it.

It's actually quite interesting getting an inside view from someone who goes to Iran from time to time. Biggest comment being the levels of corruption are off the scale and a real shock to the system. You literally cannot do anything with out having to bribe someone

Edited by glaeken at 16:21:08 13-08-2012
  • StixxUK 13 Aug 2012 16:22:37 7,173 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The suggestion that the human race is more cunty now than it's ever been before is preposterous.
  • RedSparrows 13 Aug 2012 16:47:30 20,762 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    glaeken wrote:
    My boss has just come back from Iran and actually complained about the terrible internet access. I guess this might explain it.

It's actually quite interesting getting an inside view from someone who goes to Iran from time to time. Biggest comment being the levels of corruption are off the scale and a real shock to the system. You literally cannot do anything with out having to bribe someone
    Bit like Russia, from what I understand.

Doing simple things like renewing your driving license, for example, can be a nightmare in such situations.
  • mal 13 Aug 2012 18:07:48 21,979 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've heard bad things about the requirement to bribe in Italy, even. Looks like we're just shit at corruption in the UK.

I rememeber when some people went over to China to demonstrate web browsing some new mobile phones about a decade ago. Their demonstranstration page was... BBC news. Demo didn't work so well, funnily enough.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Page

of 11 First / Last

Next