Article comments karma: beta testing Page 23

• Page

of 23 First / Last

Next
  • spamdangled 8 Feb 2011 01:09:35 27,269 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    When someone gets banned, do their karma ratings get deleted along with their comments?

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• DFawkes 8 Feb 2011 01:27:18 22,593 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Genji, you got negged because you were trolling. TROLLING I SAY!

/doesn't know if you were trolling anything, most likely not. But I can't neg your post here dammit! Next time say you like a game I like.

In all seriousness, you get people mentioning negs too, which always (without fail as far as I've seen) gets more negs. Most of the time people say stuff like "Neg me if your sheep and actually like [insert popular thing] here lololol!!!" and get negged because they obviously baited for it, plus there's the fact mentioning the karma system in a comment takes it off topic and pointless.

My point is... I don't like the karma system at all. For reasons I didn't say because other people did. This post is shit and incomprehensible and would be negged. I really shouldn't hit post now.

EDIT: Changed the "you're" to "your", because those comment tards never get that right on count of not knowing "you're" is even a thing. It's not because I'm stupid, I made it wrong on purpose. Honest!

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Genji 8 Feb 2011 01:35:30 19,691 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, I mentioned the karma system in a recent comment. Someone originally put a +1 next to it, which was nice! But then two others took it downtown.

It would be pretty cool if you could see who negged you (or liked the comment). It might encourage people to be more responsible. As it stands, it's a bit gutless of people to dislike a comment without actually saying why.
  • spamdangled 8 Feb 2011 01:41:19 27,269 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Like the facebook thing where you can see who "liked" your status?

Would be nice, but possibly a bit much for the site to cope with?

Mind you, it already has to cope with keeping track of exactly who has negged/possed what anyway (to prevent them from rating the same comment twice), so maybe.

Personally I would say lose the negs and just keep the likes.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Genji 8 Feb 2011 01:45:52 19,691 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Perhaps lose the negs, and introduce a system to flag the trolly comments? Other sites have a "report comment" button next to the comment itself.
  • spamdangled 8 Feb 2011 01:50:42 27,269 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Personally Id like to see the "quote post" button make its way to the front page comments.

Such a pain...

• spamdangled 8 Feb 2011 01:58:58 27,269 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    StarMagic wrote:
    It was there before but they took it out, probably because they didn't want discussions which is fair enough.

But the second you allow commenting, discussions are going to occur. Seems a bit... silly.

• spamdangled 8 Feb 2011 02:05:48 27,269 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I remember mentioning it to craigy ages ago and he said it was an interesting idea.

Wasnt aware it had previously been enabled.

• Genji 8 Feb 2011 02:46:05 19,691 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Lolz, my recent comments have plummeted from -6 to -19 or so!

Maybe I should just start trolling. It doesn't seem to make any difference whether I have a valid opinion or not, but at least I can amuse myself!
  • spamdangled 8 Feb 2011 02:48:55 27,269 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I know how you feel. SDF have negged me for criticising Sonys expanded (read: even broader than the US govts attack on wikileaks) action against the hackers.

• craigy Staff 16 Dec 2011 14:27:37 7,522 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Megabump!

Just came across an interesting statistic relating to the number of positive and negative votes that get made through the Karma system:

62.7% of all karma votes are positive.

I found that quite surprising, as the general dissent about the Karma system comes from the assumption that it's primarily used for "negging". The stats show that this isn't the case!
  • Popzeus 16 Dec 2011 14:32:14 8,272 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Any plans to bring karma onto the forum or keep an overall per-user karma tally in the profile somewhere?

That would be either great or terrible, I can't decide which.

Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

• DFawkes 16 Dec 2011 19:31:50 22,593 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Do it and I'll kill everyone.

I'm not all that surprised there are more positive to be honest, the negs all just seem to clump up under specific posts, with the rest getting smaller numbers of pluses given out evenly.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• DaM 23 Aug 2012 13:54:48 12,900 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    rodpad wrote:
    Any idea how to see your Karma, or even plans to have somebody's Karma rating visible under their username?
    rodpad:-18373
    :(
  • Page

of 23 First / Last

Next