Edge owns Tim Langdell. Seriously (Edge) Page 3

• Page

of 28 First / Last

• BabyJesus 18 Jun 2009 21:35:50 4,412 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    MrED209 wrote:
    warlockuk wrote:
    If he owns it won't that shitty bloke from U2 get sand in his vagina?
    He's probably scared they'll get their Irish mates to bomb him.

That would be the best result.
  • Artemus 18 Jun 2009 21:38:39 1,007 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Wonder if he's gonna go after Sony with MotorStorm Arctic EDGE?
  • ecu 18 Jun 2009 21:38:48 77,231 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I thought Hollywood movie studios had power. Couldn't they hire someone to "take care" of him? :)
  • Deleted user 18 June 2009 21:39:54
    Yeah how does he pick his victims? They seem to range from global megacorporations (Sega, Marvel) to two-man backroom developer types (Mobigame).

EVERYONE IS A TARGET.
  • Deleted user 18 June 2009 21:41:07
    I also love how his website is based on massive JPGs containing the text. He doesn't even have the sk1llz to code a webpage properly.
  • Aretak 18 Jun 2009 21:41:57 10,374 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    This man is fucked.
  • Deleted user 18 June 2009 21:43:23
    And furthermore I'm enchanted that the 756 games he's laying claim to appear to be calculated by adding up every single format each game was ported to. Fucking hilarious. Especially considering his stupid website is incapable of loading the subsequent pages of his 'epic' developer's CV.
  • Deleted user 18 June 2009 21:47:31
    LOL

[code]The main EDGE store selling our games, merchandise, comics, hardware etc is temporarily unavailable during maintenance. Please check out our Cafe Press store in the meantime for t-shirt, mugs and other merchandise.[/code]

Jesus Titty-Fucking Christ. Is he honestly trying to insinuate he's selling those comics, movies, gaming peripherals that he's screwed over for using the word 'edge' in the title like he owns them or something? I mean I know anyone can sell anything, but that's just hilarious.

Still... a mug with the Edge magazine logo on it...
  • HoraceGoesSquiffy 18 Jun 2009 22:06:36 1,563 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This is unbelievable. Why in god's name would anyone give this obvious fucking charlatan a single penny? A whole business based on the fact he's somehow managed to persuade the world he owns the word "Edge"?

Say I own a company called "Rings". It therefore follows that I MADE the Lord of the Rings movies?

Cunt.
  • Freek 18 Jun 2009 22:17:09 7,684 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    OffWorld also had an interesting about the guy some funny links in there where other developers politely ask him what the f%ck is wrong with him?
  • HoraceGoesSquiffy 18 Jun 2009 22:56:26 1,563 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Wikipedia page looks like the one his wife wrote has been taken down and replaced. Quote "On the 18th of June 2009, it was reported that the game had been restored to the App Store with its original name intact."

Also just noticed (sorry if this has been mentioned already) that he's on the IGDA board. Truly incredible.
  • Deleted user 18 June 2009 23:02:05
    I submitted that update to the Edge Games wiki. Stick it to the cunt. YEAH.
  • Retroid Moderator 18 Jun 2009 23:33:34 45,266 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Aretak wrote:
    This man is hammered repeatedly in the ring.
    Fixed!
  • UncleLou Moderator 18 Jun 2009 23:38:14 35,795 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Thank God Apple never proceeded against anyone using the name of a famous fruit.

Oh, wait.
  • Deleted user 19 June 2009 07:22:29
    UncleLou wrote:
    Thank God Apple never proceeded against anyone using the name of a famous fruit.

Oh, wait.
    Thank God no other companies proceeded against Apple for using the name of a famous fruit.

Oh, wait.
  • UncleLou Moderator 19 Jun 2009 07:42:39 35,795 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Not sure what your point is. Apple has a trademark for an existing word, and protects it aggressively.

My point being, while that guy seems to be a nutcase, there's nothing unusual about having a trademark for an existing word. The guy seems to have a trademark "Edge" that covers computer games, just like Apples has a trademark "Apple" that covers computers, software, enetertainment electronics, and whatnot.

If he doesn't use the trademark "seriously", it's not a problem, anyway, as it can easily get deleted.
  • IMO 19 Jun 2009 07:50:25 5,722 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I can sort of understand the whole protection of his trademarks thing, but going to register 'Edgy' after being alerted to that name by Mobigames was just unbelievably twattish of him.
  • UncleLou Moderator 19 Jun 2009 08:35:52 35,795 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Absolutely. Definitely a guy who tries his best to abuse the system. But filing a trademark in bad faith (as he did with Edgy) won't do him much good, either.
  • sanctusmortis 19 Jun 2009 08:44:52 9,707 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bill Door wrote:
    seasidebaz wrote:

edit: Also, they have a game called "Teenage Wasteland" for all platforms, which apparently is a song by The Who.
    It's a line in the song baba o'reilly but not the title of a song AFAIK

/can't be arsed to google, relying on his love of the Who.

Tis true.
  • TechnoHippy 19 Jun 2009 08:48:19 14,719 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Many years ago I had the cunning plan to trademark the trademark symbol :-)

/Baldrick

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Deleted user 15 July 2009 15:59:03
    That fucking cunt is at it again.
  • LeoliansBro 15 Jul 2009 16:12:06 44,736 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    /trademarks 'mac'

/sues McDonalds and Apple

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Blerk Moderator 15 Jul 2009 16:18:15 48,225 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    And half of Scotland.
  • mingster 15 Jul 2009 16:36:23 3,280 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Am i the only one that thinks fairplay to the guy.
    If he can be actively bothered to protect his trademark and follow it through then i think its fair enough.
    It seems like hes done quite well by getting people to pay up considering the fact he's hadly made a game since the old c64/atari/speccy days.
    If you have a trademark you should protect it and like Lou says apple trademarked a fruit what difference is it?
  • Hunam 15 Jul 2009 16:48:17 20,674 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The difference is that he's suing people who he probably has no case against but knows they don't have the money to be able to defend themselves. He's just being a cunt because he's a fucking cunt.
  • wayneh 15 Jul 2009 17:04:54 2,389 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Difference is if I released a game called Zombie Apple Attack, Apple would be very unlikely to come after me. They have trademarked a brand name not the word Apple.

Act like a dumbshit and they will treat you as an equal

• Deleted user 15 July 2009 18:34:10
    mingster wrote:
    Am i the only one that thinks fairplay to the guy.
    If he can be actively bothered to protect his trademark and follow it through then i think its fair enough.
    It seems like hes done quite well by getting people to pay up considering the fact he's hadly made a game since the old c64/atari/speccy days.
    If you have a trademark you should protect it and like Lou says apple trademarked a fruit what difference is it?
    Good god. If you can't see the difference between Apple trademarking an icon that resembles an apple with a bite out of it, and this cunt saying that anyone who makes a game with the word 'edge' in the title, even if it's something as innocent as "Lara Croft and the Edge of Satans Pit" or whatever, which doesn't remotely impinge on any copyright I can think of that he might have, there's no point me going to the lengths I just have to explain how idiotic he and you both are.

EAT THAT.
  • UncleLou Moderator 15 Jul 2009 18:36:21 35,795 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Apple also have wordmarks "Apple", you know. There really is bugger all difference. Strange that you can't see that. Why don't you try to publish software named "Apple" and wait what happens?
  • Fatiguez 15 Jul 2009 18:36:24 8,756 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    God, Owen, enough with the raging Apple fanboyism

show me your tits u bitch from ubisoft

• uiruki 15 Jul 2009 18:36:52 3,726 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Apple also tend not to appropriate credit for other peoples' work because it contains the word Apple.
  • Page

of 28 First / Last